Yet another US shooting

7 hours ago, Raidernation said:

High School, why?

Kid who was a few years older than me in my church taught elementary school on the south side of Chicago. Type of place where he would have been one of the first non-black people many of his students had ever met. Think there was some program to get your student loans forgiven if you taught in low income schools that he was taking advantage of. I didn't stay in touch with him, but once while visiting my parents I was talking to his mom. She told me that he was kind of shocked by the state of things. One of the things he thought was really weird is that a high percentage of his class wouldn't show up until a couple days into the school year. Their parents didn't keep track of when the school year was supposed to start and only realized when they started seeing buses around. I was wondering if that story made any sense, but I suppose high school kids would be responsible for getting themselves to school. 

7 hours ago, The OP said:

Have you similarly doctored the UK statistics so that it excludes all 'violent criminals'? 

I'd surmise that a majority of murder victims in Glasgow have convictions for assault, etc. Doesn't mean knife crime isn't a problem when they're stabbed to death. 

Was only responding to the idea that I might be murdered. Much of the difference in the white murder rate between Britain and the US, which does exist but isn't that big by global standards, is because of how much more dangerous it is to be a criminal in the US vs the UK. Since I'm not a criminal, my likelihood of being murdered isn't that much different here than it would be there.

Kill this rambling fool. Please.

P.S. I thought for a while that having a Greenock boy pretending to be a native American trumpist might be fun, explaining maybe the complexities of health care and the weirdness of their political system. It's not though, every post is about how everyone who isn't white is a bit shit. Get him to f**k.

Edited by welshbairn

13 minutes ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

Was only responding to the idea that I might be murdered. Much of the difference in the white murder rate between Britain and the US, which does exist but isn't that big by global standards, is because of how much more dangerous it is to be a criminal in the US vs the UK. Since I'm not a criminal, my likelihood of being murdered isn't that much different here than it would be there.

I’ll take that as a no.

What utter bollocks.

At least four killed as a gunman just randomly starts shooting at an elementary school, amongst other places. But the police shot him, so it's ok.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/education/wp/2017/11/14/officials-say-at-least-3-dead-after-shooting-at-multiple-scenes-including-california-elementary-school/?tid=sm_Fb&utm_term=.3068fa107ee1

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

At least four killed as a gunman just randomly starts shooting at an elementary school, amongst other places. But the police shot him, so it's ok.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/education/wp/2017/11/14/officials-say-at-least-3-dead-after-shooting-at-multiple-scenes-including-california-elementary-school/?tid=sm_Fb&utm_term=.3068fa107ee1

When I saw there was a new post on this thread my heart sank, I'd hoped it was more Yank bashing and not another mass slaying. What the feck is wrong with the place that they can't see the problem with their gun culture.

1 hour ago, chomp my root said:

When I saw there was a new post on this thread my heart sank, I'd hoped it was more Yank bashing and not another mass slaying. What the feck is wrong with the place that they can't see the problem with their gun culture.

3 dead is not a "mass slaying". Unless they were all catholic schools.

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

3 dead is not a "mass slaying". Unless they were all catholic schools.

Apologies for my lack of correct usage of the term, yeah, I think it needs to be 4 or more to be a 'mass shooting', unless they're Kaflicks doing their thing with the beads.

The whole thing does sort of play into the victim thing with the 'mass' stuff. The Kennedy's were Catholic..... just saying.

Just now, chomp my root said:

Apologies for my lack of correct usage of the term, yeah, I think it needs to be 4 or more to be a 'mass shooting', unless they're Kaflicks doing their thing with the beads.

The whole thing does sort of play into the victim thing with the 'mass' stuff. The Kennedy's were Catholic..... just saying.

Aye, but they were shot one at a time (when they weren't drowning folk).