Yet another US shooting

5 hours ago, Sugar_Army said:

When I was at college one of my close mates took his own life by hanging. 

Kinda like this thread, once you experience something there are always others who are willing to confide in you about similar experiences. 

One fellow student told me of how her dad made her sit in the living room with him while he promptly blew his brains out in front of her with a shotgun.

Horrible for anybody to experience, let alone while aged 7.

That is absolutely horrendous.

On 26/04/2022 at 13:50, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

It's depressing and impressive how well the children respond. Imagine your childhood filled with drills for when someone fancies shooting up a public place.

8 hours ago, 101 said:

It's depressing and impressive how well the children respond. Imagine your childhood filled with drills for when someone fancies shooting up a public place.

My grandson was born with back issues and is in a wheelchair. he is 3 and will start school in a few years. My son, born and raised here wants to move to Scotland. Plans are being drawn up.

On 23/04/2022 at 01:01, welshbairn said:

Guns are just a very messy way to top yourself with no chance to reconsider, especially if you're just in a bit of drunken rage and despondency that would subside when you sober up. Some poor fucker is always going to be the one who finds you with your brains splattered on the wall.

This. The very least you can do is get in the bath and pull a couple of poly bags / pillow cases over your head before pulling the trigger. Even better, climb inside a holdall and asphyxiate yourself.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

• 3 weeks later...

I wish they would stop doing all these "isnt it terrible" reporting from the USA when these shootings happen.

Yes, we all know its tragic, thats why most of the rest of the world doesnt let you buy assault rifles in Costco.

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

I wish they would stop doing all these "isnt it terrible" reporting from the USA when these shootings happen.

Yes, we all know its tragic, thats why most of the rest of the world doesnt let you buy assault rifles in Costco.

Isn’t it terrible that those who vote in the USA a too stupid to push for meaningful gun control?  Isn’t it terrible that this situation is likely to change any time in the near future?  Isn’t it terrible that even the most horrendous of these tragedies, such as Sandy Hook, seems to have zero impact on the mentality of these people?

The gunman aimed then apologised to an elder white man then carried on with his spree. This to me shows it to be racially motivated and also that he was of sound enough mind (for a terrorist murdering c**t) that they can't use any mental breakdown defense. Supposedly he also used the great replacement theory as his reasoning behind the attack. Hopefully Tucker Carson and Fox in general get's their baws felt for spouting this hate speech.

https://www.businessinsider.com/buffalo-mass-shooting-latest-linked-to-great-replacement-theory-2022-5?r=US&IR=T

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

He published a political manifesto before going out to murder everyone, pretty well the definition of a terrorist attack.  

No, the definition of a terrorist is the perpetrators skin colour.  I thought we knew this. 

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Isn’t it terrible that those who vote in the USA a too stupid to push for meaningful gun control?  Isn’t it terrible that this situation is likely to change any time in the near future?  Isn’t it terrible that even the most horrendous of these tragedies, such as Sandy Hook, seems to have zero impact on the mentality of these people?

No, if white folks do it, they are unfairly mentally tormented by people wit' (sic) too much melanin, when the brown folks do it, they are Terrorists attacking our WASPy, freedom lovin' way of life. That Country has serious issues.

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

He published a political manifesto before going out to murder everyone, pretty well the definition of a terrorist attack.  

What are you dribbling about? He's white. Clearly mental health issues.