2015/16 Europa League

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some atmosphere at the sevilla game, just taking the piss out of basel. Think I want a dortmund sevilla final.

I was at the Sevilla V Celta Vigo game in the Copa Del Rey last month and the atmosphere was electric all night.

Jordan Henderson is utter shite. I was just sitting saying this, imagine years from now you look back over past captains, leaders.

Souness - Gerrard - .. Jordan Henderson.

He'd be shipped out first chance. Woeful.

He is a tidy player, but he hasn't progressed since that good season two years ago. He is far from woeful though.

I would make Sakho the captain. Would you argue with him?

Yes, Sakho has been excellent tonight.

Schweinsteigger was an inspired substitution I'm sure we can all agree.

:lol:

That tackle was of the pub league variety - and even then pelters would be given.

How can they have so few attacking options when they've spent the amount they've spent?

He is a tidy player, but he hasn't progressed since that good season two years ago. He is far from woeful though.

I would make Sakho the captain. Would you argue with him?

Henderson and Milner both suffer from the tendency of the English to totally exaggerate their players ability.

The truth is that neither of them are that awful or woeful, both are pretty solid and dependable as players but that's about as far as it goes - they are pretty far from the quality players they are always being made out to be.

Eta - sorry I should say, used to be made out to be, they don't like them as much as they used to.

Apart from Valencia I don't think any of these Man Utd players would get a game under Ferguson.

They are stinking.

De Gea definitely would. Ferguson also picked Carrick and Smalling regularly. LVG and Giggs are failing to get the best out of experienced internationals. 

Carrick was one of the best players in England just a few short years ago, same with Bastian (in Germany). They may well be on their way down in terms of their careers but I'm shocked LVG hasn't managed to get more out the likes of then.

Bastian has aged horribly under Van Gaal.

Not really. He was past it when they signed him. He's one of the two types of players Man Utd are able to attract. Either older players in decline or young players who may or may not make the grade over time.

I was talking to Mickey Quinn on holiday and he showed me a message from a so called insider at Liverpool saying Milner,Benteke,Mingolet and Moreno will all be away along with a few others in the summer.

I don't believe a word of that. Do you really expect us to believe Quinn is able to work a phone?

Archived