Bundesliga 2023/24

https://www.dfl.de/en/news/2019-20-fixtures-bundesliga-opener-between-fc-bayern-munchen-and-hertha-berlin-bundesliga-2-starts-with-vfb-stuttgart-against-hannover-96/ 

Fixtures for Bundesliga 1 and 2 for the new season. Week 19 for my annual trip. Both Borussias and Leverkusen at home in Nordrhein westfalen. Hopefully they are kind to the kick off times for a triple game trip.

Enjoy away trips to Stuttgart, but 20:30 on a Friday night is a pain in the proverbial.

Either an overnight job, or f@nnying about with the o/n train, which still won't get me home before 7 o'clock on the Saturday morning!

With the away games in Stuttgart & Hamburg right at the start of the season then an early indicator as regards promotion / play-off spot hopes.

It looks like the only top flight football option for this year's hockey weekender is Mainz v Koln on Oct 26th.

How easy is it to get from Mainz hbf to the OPEL ARENA? For my previous German games I've used the tram/s bahn but the ground in Mainz isn't served by either. 

Other options are Kaiserslautern or Waldhof Mannheim but the fixtures aren't out for those teams yet. 

36 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

It looks like the only top flight football option for this year's hockey weekender is Mainz v Koln on Oct 26th.

How easy is it to get from Mainz hbf to the OPEL ARENA? For my previous German games I've used the tram/s bahn but the ground in Mainz isn't served by either. 

Other options are Kaiserslautern or Waldhof Mannheim but the fixtures aren't out for those teams yet. 

On match days there are umpteen shuttle busses in operation. Takes ca. 10 - 15 minutes. Come out the Hbf. head up to the right to get one. After the game busses are waiting to take you back. Watch out, some of the return busses  go to a P&R place instead of the Hbf.

22 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

They're are trams that do run from Mainz Hbh to the Opel arena also. The stop about 5 minutes walk away from the stadium. Cant remember the number. On the way back my cousin (who's a Mainz season ticket holder) took me to another stop back which is slightly further away from city centre and quieter for the crowds.  Afterwards walk towards Kobenzerstrasse. Basically where the built up area is to the right.

Screenshot_20190702-093327_Maps.jpg

We're heading over in September, and hoping to get a Sunday game somewhere in or around the Ruhr (going to watch PSV Eindhoven on the Saturday night so it'll have to fit with that). A few questions for those in the know...

Any ideas on when the exact times of fixtures for the first few weeks of the season will be confirmed?

The weekend we're going there's Koln v BMG and Dortmund v Leverkusen: any thoughts on the likelihood of getting a ticket for either of these? (I'm guessing it might be tough given that they're both local derbies, and I'm not really up for paying over the odds).

When are the Liga 3 and Regionalliga fixtures out?

Edited by Adamski

15 minutes ago, Adamski said:

We're heading over in September, and hoping to get a Sunday game somewhere in or around the Ruhr (going to watch PSV Eindhoven on the Saturday night so it'll have to fit with that). A few questions for those in the know...

Any ideas on when the exact times of fixtures for the first few weeks of the season will be confirmed?

The weekend we're going there's Koln v BMG and Dortmund v Leverkusen: any thoughts on the likelihood of getting a ticket for either of these? (I'm guessing it might be tough given that they're both local derbies, and I'm not really up for paying over the odds).

Koln tickets are difficult enough to get even when it's not a derby, quite often bypassing general sale. Given that they have also just came back up to the top division and haven't played Gladbach since January 2017, I'd say your chances are slim to none. Dortmund v Leverkusen, whilst in close proximity to one another, isn't particularly ferocious and you may be able to get a ticket for that one. I'd also say that I paid well over the odds to go and see Dortmund a couple of years back and don't regret it at all.

37 minutes ago, Adamski said:

Liga 3 is out 3rd July and regioalliga west is this week also. Regioalliga Bayern is already out. Not sure of Nord, nordost and sudwest though 

34 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

You'll be incredibly lucky to get tickets for the Köln game, keep an eye on their ticket websitebecause they probably won't even go on general sale.

34 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Koln tickets are difficult enough to get even when it's not a derby, quite often bypassing general sale. Given that they have also just came back up to the top division and haven't played Gladbach since January 2017, I'd say your chances are slim to none. Dortmund v Leverkusen, whilst in close proximity to one another, isn't particularly ferocious and you may be able to get a ticket for that one. I'd also say that I paid well over the odds to go and see Dortmund a couple of years back and don't regret it at all.

14 minutes ago, atfccfc said:

Liga 3 is out 3rd July and regioalliga west is this week also. Regioalliga Bayern is already out. Not sure of Nord, nordost and sudwest though 

Thanks everyone - that's really useful info all round. To a fair extent it'll come down to chance about what ends up being on the Sunday and what we can get tickets for, but it sounds like I can probably cross Koln off the list.

Any lower league gems in the region that I should know about? I thought Bochum v Dresden that weekend sounded potentially interesting. Also Preussen Munster, Duisburg, or Essen if any of them are at home. Preferably somewhere with an old school ground, a half decent crowd, and a town to have a decent day out in.

Edited by Adamski

On 02/07/2019 at 11:47, Adamski said:

Thanks everyone - that's really useful info all round. To a fair extent it'll come down to chance about what ends up being on the Sunday and what we can get tickets for, but it sounds like I can probably cross Koln off the list.

Any lower league gems in the region that I should know about? I thought Bochum v Dresden that weekend sounded potentially interesting. Also Preussen Munster, Duisburg, or Essen if any of them are at home. Preferably somewhere with an old school ground, a half decent crowd, and a town to have a decent day out in.

I don't know if you've done it deliberately because you've already been there  or whatever but based on the fixtures you've quoted then Fortuna Dusseldorf are also at home that weekend vs Wolfsburg and you'll get a ticket for that if it's the Sunday. Bochum is really good though both in terms of handiness to get there from the Hbf and the big covered terracing in the home end which means there's a decent atmosphere without being packed in like sardines.

Munster are at home but Duisburg and Uerdingen (who are sharing at Fortuna Dusseldorf) are away.

The 4th tier regionalliga plays the vast majority of its games on a Saturday with the odd Friday, very few on a Sunday. The 5th tier Oberliga play Sunday but I think that's amateur level, that said I have been to see games at both Turu Dusseldorf and Schwarz-Weiss Essen (who actually won the German cup in the 50s) and their grounds are probably closer to Scottish League 1/2, but there are some teams  at that level who play at essentially training grounds.

also the fixtures for that time period should probably be confirmed within the next week for BL1 and 2, the lower leagues can move things about at fairly short notice. The first 2 BL2 weekends already have but that starts a couple of weeks before BL1

Edited by Fuctifano