When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Feel free to correct me here, but is it not mooted that the chinese pulled out of the deal because of the political backlash that was occuring.

Wonder who was doing the most shite flinging?

Oh but now it's all the Scottish Government's fault.

Right you are.

Feel free to correct me here, but is it not mooted that the chinese pulled out of the deal because of the political backlash that was occuring.

Right you are.

SNPbad covers all eventualities.

Right you are.

If the deal fell apart months ago, why are we only finding out now? If the SNP/SG we're sure the reason (and blame) could be laid squarely at the feet of the opposition (and a hostile environment created by them) why didn't they say so at the time?
Because they were trying to resurrect a deal that had already been labelled a 'shambles '' in China?

So wait, the SNP bickering with their opponents at Holyrood is an example of anti-Englishness now? :lol:

It's hard to take the "how dare they take ownership of Scottishness" routine too seriously when Unionists consider their own parties' MSPs to be representatives of England.

2 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

If the deal fell apart months ago, why are we only finding out now? If the SNP/SG we're sure the reason (and blame) could be laid squarely at the feet of the opposition (and a hostile environment created by them) why didn't they say so at the time?
Because they were trying to resurrect a deal that had already been labelled a 'shambles '' in China?

You are kind of answering your own question there.

*if* the SNP were trying to resurrect deal after it fell apart due to a heated atmosphere caused by others , perhaps they decided it best to keep it out the spotlight until everything was dotted and signed.

You are kind of answering your own question there.

*if* the SNP were trying to resurrect deal after it fell apart due to a heated atmosphere caused by others , perhaps they decided it best to keep it out the spotlight until everything was dotted and signed.

You think so? I wouldn't trust this lot to run Mrs Goggins's f*ckin Post Office!!

You think so? I wouldn't trust this lot to run Mrs Goggins's f*ckin Post Office!!

Odd since the one thing the SNP can't really be criticised for is a lack of competency. I switched from the SNP to the Greens but it wasn't because of how poorly run the Scottish government is.

Is that the Post office the UK gov privatised ?  

Think you are confusing the Post Office (still wholly state owned by the UK Government) and Royal Mail Plc (which the Government sold its remaining shares in, a 30% stake, in 2015) sorry to be pedantic.

17 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Think you are confusing the Post Office (still wholly state owned by the UK Government) and Royal Mail Plc (which the Government sold its remaining shares in, a 30% stake, in 2015) sorry to be pedantic.

Trust me I wasn't.   The PO has been privatised by the UK Gov, that's why I said it.  

Imagine if the scenes from England's prisons on the news there were from up here, or the junior doctors saga was happening in our NHS. The Unionists would explode. Not to mention the absolute shambles that is Brexit.

Being used to having a slightly abstract, almost foreign feeling central Government seems to create a complex whereby Scotland running it's own shit is absolutely terrifying and Westminster can do no wrong.

The SNP just about scrape pass marks for me, btw. I'd like to see more from Holyrood. Still, Unionists pulling the competency card atm are fucking kidding themselves.

Imagine if the scenes from England's prisons on the news there were from up here, or the junior doctors saga was happening in our NHS. The Unionists would explode. Not to mention the absolute shambles that is Brexit.

Being used to having a slightly abstract, almost foreign feeling central Government seems to create a complex whereby Scotland running it's own shit is absolutely terrifying and Westminster can do no wrong.

The SNP just about scrape pass marks for me, btw. I'd like to see more from Holyrood. Still, Unionists pulling the competency card atm are fucking kidding themselves.

Well put

The Holyrood election kept the SNP in place as the governing party but took away their overall majority

They probably deserved both parts of that

Robert, everytime I read your posts you make me embarrassed to be Scottish and live alongside other losers like you. Slit your wrist stuff.

It really is SNP bad no matter what, a Glaswegian Tory purely because they are the Unionist party, no matter the consequence for Scotland.

The even more frustrating thing is it boils down even further, to your religion and your football team.

Horrible.

35 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Robert, everytime I read your posts you make me embarrassed to be Scottish and live alongside other losers like you. Slit your wrist stuff.

It really is SNP bad no matter what, a Glaswegian Tory purely because they are the Unionist party, no matter the consequence for Scotland.

The even more frustrating thing is it boils down even further, to your religion and your football team.

Horrible.

It has nothing to do with his football team. His football team are dead. About as dead as the tories prospects of gaining power in the Scottish Parliament.

Trust me I wasn't.   The PO has been privatised by the UK Gov, that's why I said it.  

Post Office Ltd (The Counters business & network) remains wholly owned by HM Government. It split from the Royal Mail Group Plc in 2011, which was privatised.

" a Glaswegian Tory purely because they are the Unionist party, no matter the consequence for Scotland "

This could easily be applied to a lot of SNP supporters who would vote for a party that supported independence regardless of other policies and the consequences until the objective of independence has been attained. Not criticising people for this, it is justifiable in both independence and union supporters, one of the major long term consequences of indyref1 was to put constitutional issues at the forefront of many peoples politics.

Horrible.

What a f*ckin state to get yourself into, you have no f*ckin idea who I am, how I live my life, what my achievements are/are not and what remain future aspirations, personal and professional, yet you are able to judge a complete stranger 'as a slit your wrists loser'!!?

I think that suggests a lot more about you as a person and perhaps your present maturity. Your stereotyping judgement is as prejudiced as anything you choose to throw at me based on my football team or family background for example. It's a sub page on a f*ckin football forum forfuxsake, different views, different opinions that's all. Calm yersel down ya silly wee lad.