When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

At what point does the penny drop with no voters?

I like to believe that even the dumbest shits on earth can figure out lies from the truth eventually especially when it's pointed out to them in 80 feet fucking bold letters.

The big problem here is if people want to be ignorant and stupid then I say leave them too it. On this occasion though they're screwing Scotland o ER and allowing a corrupt system to rule me.

I'm not happy

5 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

I like to believe that even the dumbest shits on earth can figure out lies from the truth eventually especially when it's pointed out to them in 80 feet fucking bold letters.

The big problem here is if people want to be ignorant and stupid then I say leave them too it. On this occasion though they're screwing Scotland o ER and allowing a corrupt system to rule me.

I'm not happy

The yes campaign said the NHS would die if we voted No, lies on both sides. 

1 hour ago, sparky88 said:

The yes campaign said the NHS would die if we voted No, lies on both sides. 

They said, IIRC, that increased privatisation of the NHS would threaten the service up here in the longer term. I don't remember anyone saying it would "die if we voted no", though happy to be corrected with a link to whoever said it. 

7 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

I'm not happy

That makes me deliriously happy.

It's on its arse and becoming more private by the day.

I don't think the yes campaign meant next week.

The NHS needs the investment of private finance in certain functions if it is to be able to maintain current service levels AND cope with an insatiable appetite for increased capacity. I'm not talking about the PFI racket either. Our spend of GDP [%) may be less than countries in Western/Northern Europe, North America and Japan. The difference being is that a huge 98.5% of that is funded by the Government in the UK.
Our NHS is precious to us, but it's really struggling under the current operating structure, maybe it's time we looked at another model?

13 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

The NHS needs the investment of private finance in certain functions if it is to be able to maintain current service levels AND cope with an insatiable appetite for increased capacity. I'm not talking about the PFI racket either. Our spend of GDP [%) may be less than countries in Western/Northern Europe, North America and Japan. The difference being is that a huge 98.5% of that is funded by the Government in the UK.
Our NHS is precious to us, but it's really struggling under the current operating structure, maybe it's time we looked at another model?

Are you really a numpty?

Are you really a numpty?

I'm just saying that a private investment of funds would boost our public spending and total spending levels on Healthcare to match those countries previously mentioned. I don't see a problem with that no!

Just now, Baxter Parp said:

No, he just holds Scotland in contempt.

It would be fine if he was fishing but that shit being posted on these threads is really an "any attention is better than none" post rather than fishing.

3 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

I'm just saying that a private investment of funds would boost our public spending and total spending levels on Healthcare to match those countries previously mentioned. I don't see a problem with that no!

Aye, look where the Private Finance Initiative took us.

Just now, RedRob72 said:

Did you read what I said above with regards to the PFI racket. I said perhaps a 'different' model is required?

It will still be a racket, do you honestly think this world is full of philanthropic investors just waiting to hand over their hard-earned to help out governments they're not always going to agree with for little reward.

It will still be a racket, do you honestly think this world is full of philanthropic investors just waiting to hand over their hard-earned to help out governments they're not always going to agree with for little reward.

Again, how is it successfully managed in other countries then mate!?
We clearly don't hold a monopoly on how best to run a comprehensive nationwide health service?

6 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

How does it work in other countries then Baxter? where a higher private investment and lower government % spend of GP = a total spend higher than the U.K. Is it not that straightforward?

Involving private companies is no guarantee of increased quality.  PFI is proof of that.

2 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Again, how is it successfully managed in other countries then mate!?
We clearly don't hold a monopoly on how best to run a comprehensive nationwide health service?

Perhaps these countries,leaders and people have a more civic all in it together sort of mentality, the business folk with serious cash and influence in this country prefer to influence voters to suit their agendas, they ain't helping the SNP any time soon.

Involving private companies is no guarantee of increased quality.  PFI is proof of that.

FFS, do you want me to say It a 3rd time? I said a 'different' model from the Private Finance Initiative racket (and how contracts were set up).

How does private investment work perfectly well in other countries, and is there anything we can learn from them in exploring an alternative funding model perhaps, that will maintain quality, improve safety and meet increased demand.