When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If Sturgeon was, right now, meeting with Theresa May under the guise of formulating the brexit deal would she be;

a) cozying up to the tories?

b) abandoning the terms of her party's manifesto?

c) Not working for the wishes of the majority of Scots who voted against Brexit?

d) Showing how weak she is as a leader and how insignificant the Scottish electorate is in the equal partnership?

I think that any and possibly all of the above would've been used as a big stick by unionists and Independence voters alike.  It'd be political suicide for her and terminally damaging for the SNP and the independence movement.

2 hours ago, McSpreader said:

Although I should imagine all xenophobic , narrow minded UK Nats  presumably including some Scots voted Brexit, not all Brexit voters are thus.

To suggest otherwise is a mixture of  ignorance, stupidity and lies ....which are you guilty of?

Lol. What????:lol:...........must have missed the bit that I claimed all those who voted out were that.

You should really not interrupt when the adults are talking.

Reason for the union #209345 from mental website UAS -  "In an independent Scotland we'd be so skint we'd eat the pandas at Edinburgh Zoo"     

Dear Eck,
Remember when you said an Independent Scotland could follow in the footsteps of Venezuela. Here is the latest--
Inflation -- 720%
100 Bolivars the biggest note--worth 5 U.S. Cents.
To save time Money is usually weighed rather than counted.
No Electricity
Rioting and Looting
No Foodbanks-- But they are eating the Zoo animals
Cheers 
Arthur Patterdale {International Spectator}

20 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

An article I was looking for on the attached link, admittedly it was published back in Oct (before the current issues with the Assembly in Northern Ireland).

https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/sites/default/files/publications/IfG_four%20nation_Brexit_briefing_v6.pdf

Interesting document Rob. I think the key point with regards to Scotlands future is the willingness of the UK govt to allow a "differential" process.

So far there is no indication May and the Tories are going to compromise.

Interesting document Rob. I think the key point with regards to Scotlands future is the willingness of the UK govt to allow a "differential" process.

So far there is no indication May and the Tories are going to compromise.

The paper talks about compromise, flexibility and cooperation which must include Theresa May and her cabinet.

3 hours ago, McSpreader said:

Ha ha, not at all.

It's a long bench, facing out the window,  everyone welcome,world cuisine a speciality

Perhaps it is this table where the Edinburgh agreement was signed, and is now being reneged on by the untrustworthy snp.

http://www.gov.scot/About/Government/concordats/Referendum-on-independence

search.jpg

On 1/10/2017 at 13:21, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Given the split between Unionist remainers, unionist brexiters, nationalist remainers and nationalist brexiteers

It seems inevitable that the majority of people aren't going to get what they actually want

I'm a Unionist remaining Tory.  I am utterly fucked on here!

31 minutes ago, Col. John Hannibal Smith said:

laughing stock bla bla looks bla bla get to f**k bla bla hilarious bla bla  tragic bla bla laughing stock bla bla to be honest bla bla deluded bla bla obnoxious

etc etc

Nicola Sturgeon is a laughing stock amongst politicians and it's not just because of her looks. The Spanish and the Norwegians have already told her to get to f**k. Quite hilarious. Her tragic crackpot brand of politics has been in decline for some time now. The whole of Scottish politics is a laughing stock to be honest. These deluded Nationalists just fail to realise how obnoxious they really appear. 

Whether Nicola Sturgeon is an example of deluded nationalism is debatable

But to assert that deluded nationalism is in decline makes you look as if you've not been paying attention to what's been happening in the rest of the world.

3 minutes ago, Col. John Hannibal Smith said:

No, No, No. It would appear to be you that is deluded. At it again I see. 'Her tragic crackpot brand of politics has been in decline for some time now' refers to Nicola Sturgeon, her party, country etc. No where is any other country or political movement mentioned. Massive failure from you. 

Her "tragic brand of crackpot politics" would be "deluded nationalism" then?