When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Bert Raccoon said:

I must admit, I was previously a Labour voter and was against Independence but since the Brexit vote I started leaning more towards a Yes vote but was still in favour of Labour, however I no longer trust Labour and it's leadership and realise that only the SNP care about Scotland and yesterday was the day I decided that I was no longer a Labour voter and I am now an SNP voter and fully signed up member of the party.

My Mum was similar to yourself, her whole family had been Labour. She moved to Scotland in 1989 and continued to vote Labour for the next fifteen or so years. However she now is staunch SNP, this a woman who has no Scottish blood in her. She is disabled, and the fact the SNP actually give a shit about people who are in situations through no fault of their own resonates with her a great deal. 

I mentioned on another thread about myself moving South of border and becoming more patriotic, and how questions such as "Why should your parents get free healthcare and us not" absolutely fucking rile me as do questions about University etc.

Yesterday was hopefully the wake up call for thousands. Scotland is nothing to Westminster. It is a piece of shite on their shoe. Scotland needs to be run by people that have Scotland's interest at heart. If you can't see that, there is something massively wrong. 

I was so pissed off about the events yesterday, it really made me think twice about living here. Independence would make me move back in a heartbeat. 

53 minutes ago, renton said:

Danny Alexander? A VP in the Asian Investment Bank... 

That’s the c**t! I was thinking “Douglas”, so I had the surname right (a miracle, considering what a useless, forgettable shit he was and is). Unsurprising to see he’s waddled off into another pile of money, though. 

3 minutes ago, Antlion said:

That’s the c**t! I was thinking “Douglas”, so I had the surname right (a miracle, considering what a useless, forgettable shit he was and is). Unsurprising to see he’s waddled off into another pile of money, though. 

Honestly, just googled "lib dem beaker" and thats what came up.

I mentioned on another thread about myself moving South of border and becoming more patriotic, and how questions such as "Why should your parents get free healthcare and us not" absolutely fucking rile me as do questions about University etc.

This riles me too, as though voting for their team who deny them this is set in stone.

Was formerly an SNP member but fiercely disagree with the imposition of all female candidate lists, so i’m torn between my belief in best person for the job or being part of an important movement. I would love an indy ref announcement so that I could donate to that instead of a single party.

I’ve gone from being very negative about our chances only a few weeks ago to absolutely convinced its a must and likely we will now win.

Was formerly an SNP member but fiercely disagree with the imposition of all female candidate lists, so i’m torn between my belief in best person for the job or being part of an important movement. I would love an indy ref announcement so that I could donate to that instead of a single party.
I’ve gone from being very negative about our chances only a few weeks ago to absolutely convinced its a must and likely we will now win.
The all female lists will come to an end soon, and rightly so. But that kind of stuff was needed to redress a historical bias.

Not ideal, and difficult to defend though.

The all female lists will come to an end soon, and rightly so. But that kind of stuff was needed to redress a historical bias.

Not ideal, and difficult to defend though.

Thing is i fully support Nicola Sturgeon doing the mentor scheme she does with young girls to encourage them into politics, but i fundamentally disagree with the practice of excluding good political talent purely on the basis of gender. I appreciate the historical bias but believe there are better ways to overcome this.

Thing is i fully support Nicola Sturgeon doing the mentor scheme she does with young girls to encourage them into politics, but i fundamentally disagree with the practice of excluding good political talent purely on the basis of gender. I appreciate the historical bias but believe there are better ways to overcome this.

This would imply the talent before was up to standard when it really wasn’t.