When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

The crowds didn't flock to see Better Together events in 2014 either.

They DID however turn up when it really mattered and we all remember what the result was.

Yeah and as proved by Brexit you can get turkeys to vote for Xmas.

Quite sad how gullible the media believers are.

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

When you use phrases like "gullible" and "turkeys" to describe people who vote the opposite way to you, do you do that to make yourself feel better about being in the minority or because you genuinely believe that? 

Gullible is exactly what most Brexit voters are.

Do you want the photos and claims made prior to the vote?

Do you think the claims made and lies told didn't turn heads?

People actually voted to lose their jobs. How gullible do you get?

As for 2014 BT pulled out some absolute whoppers.

Getting people to vote no to stay in Europe has to be my favourite with the Vow a close run 2nd.

Do you actually believe all those lies told don't affect the outcome?

Concerning for me is it doesn't seem to matter what lies you tell to win a referendum you can just watch all the destruction whilst shouting " we had a vote"

6 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Brexit voters aren't gullible. They don't like immigrants and want rid of them at almost any cost. They know what they're voting for.

They are sly and sneaky xenophobic twats who pretend they voted to give lashings of dough to the NHS when really most wanted rid of muslims and other funny foreign folk.

2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Brexit voters aren't gullible. They don't like immigrants and want rid of them at almost any cost. They know what they're voting for.

They basically don't like anyone who isnt white, straight and Christian.

17 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

All Brexit voters are gullible?

People voted to lose their jobs?

I'm not really sure what you gain by holding these views.

Not everything's about gaining something. I'd happily lose my job if it means Taking Back Control!!!

On 01/07/2019 at 15:48, tirso said:

Anyone know what polling is for Devo Max / Full Fiscal Autonomy these days?

I think one lesson from brexit is it would be good to get to a position where a substantial proportion of the electorate are in favour.

Status quo and Indy are polarising.  

Devo Max is a complete non starter in that it is an entirely subjective term that could only be defined with any authority by central government, who have already run out of sticks for drawing constitutional lines in the sand.

Indeed, Scotland only has what devolved powers it has now thanks to a credible Scottish nationalist movement battering it out of a UK political class who, as evidenced in the past three years, would happily see us dragged back to 1950s ration-period Britain. 

Anyone putting it forward needs to define what it actually means and, if their answer includes full transferral of powers relating to fiscal autonomy, social security, international relations, immigration, etc, why Westminster should still hold sovereignty over a Parliament with this level of independence and responsibility. 

As it is, I think it's now just a fluff piece trotted out by Helen Lovejoy concern trolls. 

While a lot of the shouting is done by folk that are over the top..
A film about Robert the Bruce shown at the Edinburgh festival, you'd think would be on show in Scotland in cineworld.
A lot of folk trying a bit 'too hard' not to be nationalistic .

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Devo Max is a complete non starter in that it is an entirely subjective term that could only be defined with any authority by central government, who have already run out of sticks for drawing constitutional lines in the sand.
Indeed, Scotland only has what devolved powers it has now thanks to a credible Scottish nationalist movement battering it out of a UK political class who, as evidenced in the past three years, would happily see us dragged back to 1950s ration-period Britain. 
Anyone putting it forward needs to define what it actually means and, if their answer includes full transferral of powers relating to fiscal autonomy, social security, international relations, immigration, etc, why Westminster should still hold sovereignty over a Parliament with this level of independence and responsibility. 
As it is, I think it's now just a fluff piece trotted out by Helen Lovejoy concern trolls. 
You pretty much covered what it's thought to mean by most with your second half there.

5 minutes ago, tirso said:

While a lot of the shouting is done by folk that are over the top..
A film about Robert the Bruce shown at the Edinburgh festival, you'd think would be on show in Scotland in cineworld.
A lot of folk trying a bit 'too hard' not to be nationalistic .

#Other cinema chains are available. Massive promo effort by the guy behind the film which will no doubt bring him rich rewards, fair play. I doubt it was a Yoon conspiracy though, more likely a quality and entertainment value judgment.

8 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Gullible is exactly what most Brexit voters are.

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

All Brexit voters are gullible?

People voted to lose their jobs?

Made this really simple for you. Notice the difference between "most" and "all"

Yes...people voted for Brexit and then lost their jobs because of Brexit.

You may have heard about it? I certainly did. Pished myself laughing.

46 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Made this really simple for you. Notice the difference between "most" and "all"

Yes...people voted for Brexit and then lost their jobs because of Brexit.

You may have heard about it? I certainly did. Pished myself laughing.

He's a gullible moron.

14 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Worst thing about this is the hatstand contingent will feel vindicated and will probably attempt similar campaigns in the future.

Not quite.

The immigrants they want out are anyone who is black or Asian - it is pure ignorance that their vote is based on.

That oversized Turkey poster was deliberately aimed at those racists b*****ds and clearly did its job.

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

Disagree. It's pure racism (xenophobia I guess if you consider they don't exactly like eastern Europeans).

If you call it ignorance you're implying it's just a case of them reading a book to correct their opinions which is a pile of shite, they know exactly what they're doing with their vote.

I think there is a lot of ignorance involved. Yes it's racism but a lot of working class people have been fed the line for years that immigration is the root cause of their problems. This is coming from mainstream politicians and mainstream media which is a powerful influence on the masses.

5 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

As I regularly say on here, it's 2019. We've all got phones with access to the sum of human knowledge. Being able to tell right from wrong is not a difficult or rare ability. I have no time for the idea these people are only doing this because they haven't been shown the light.

As true as that is, you may be overestimating the willingness of people to do independent research and thought beyond what's delivered on mainstream coverage. I know people who throw themselves into a rage over a tabloid headline without even reading the actual story.