When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

820 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Boris Johnson was in Perth tonight, there was a decent wee crowd out with saltires and banners saying stuff like “Tory scum” etc. If I’d been in town I would have got myself down there. f**k Boris and f**k Hunt.

Perth.....a great bunch of lads

Great article here from the Grauniad :
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jul/05/theresa-may-reluctant-hero-of-scottish-independence
Come on Scotland....
Bring it on.
When McKenna is on form he is dynamite. He had a brilliant article on private education in last Saturday's Herald which provoked possibly the most pompous letter I've ever seen in a national newspaper the following Monday.

Boris Johnson was in Perth tonight, there was a decent wee crowd out with saltires and banners saying stuff like “Tory scum” etc. If I’d been in town I would have got myself down there. f**k Boris and f**k Hunt.

Was like a military operation to take those 2 c***s to the concert hall from the inch.

Making a big deal about P&NP being the target seat.

Can’t see either Johnson or Hunt appealing to anyone but the most extreme of extreme brexiteers.

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

Those types of hateful banners will do nothing to increase the Yes vote.

There was also a huge banner there that said "England get out of Scotland" which is an absolute disgrace.

There was also a huge banner there that said "England get out of Scotland" which is an absolute disgrace.

Banners like this (which even Humza Yousaf has had to come out and call despicable), Wings over Scotland, Alex Salmond, Tommy Sheridan and screenings of Braveheart. No wonder the sensible majority didn’t want to blindly jump into independence with this lot and sent them back to think again.

Funny that because the YES vote has been increasing regardless and the Unions fate will be sealed much earlier than anticipated when Johnson is appointed as PM.

Throwing milkshakes over people you disagree with, tory scum out/get England out of Scotland banners are a disgrace though.

Not sure if its just badly worded meaning end the union or if its intentionally anti English. If its intended to be anti-English surely you put get the English out of Scotland? Either way its not helpful and feeds the Unionist myth that Yes voters hate the English.

It’s not IMO. Petty behaviour that achieves nothing.
Whilst I agree that the perpetrators of these actions have to answer for them in the context of it being an assault, politicians also need to have a look at they way they have deliberatly changed the tone and content of the discourse in recent years. Politics around the world has been cheapened to a tribal battle of left and right, where political identification pre determines whether your opinion or ideas are to be totally disregarded without consideration.

Tommy Robinson and Nigel Farage have carefully cultivated this hostile, partisan political enviroment (giving them credence for only stoking the political fires is generous, given their outright racism) and should be unsurprised when those who are equally bammish but on the opposite side of the partisan divide take such actions.

Really dont want to go back down the Neil Lennon style victim blaming debates, just wanted to point out that the deliberate slow destruction of modern debate and discourse by exactly these types of people is filtering down to the man on the street.

Thats my broad opinion on it, for full disclosure, I found the milkshaking of Tommeh and Nige fucking hilarious.

Whilst I agree that the perpetrators of these actions have to answer for them in the context of it being an assault, politicians also need to have a look at they way they have deliberatly changed the tone and content of the discourse in recent years. Politics around the world has been cheapened to a tribal battle of left and right, where political identification pre determines whether your opinion or ideas are to be totally disregarded without consideration.

Tommy Robinson and Nigel Farage have carefully cultivated this hostile, partisan political enviroment (giving them credence for only stoking the political fires is generous, given their outright racism) and should be unsurprised when those who are equally bammish but on the opposite side of the partisan divide take such actions.

Really dont want to go back down the Neil Lennon style victim blaming debates, just wanted to point out that the deliberate slow destruction of modern debate and discourse by exactly these types of people is filtering down to the man on the street.

Thats my broad opinion on it, for full disclosure, I found the milkshaking of Tommeh and Nige fucking hilarious.

I get all that, and I’m not going to exert any effort defending these guys but just don’t think it wins any arguments. Indeed indirectly it fuels the defence of them when there’s “unprovoked” (note the quote marks) attacks on them.

I disagree about the "Tory scum out" banner.
As a 14/15 year old boy at high school I would walk along whitburn main street at lunch time at my break during the miners strike.
In getting along to the shops,there was a stall outside the main store in the town at the time where anyone could donate a few quid or food to help the miners and their families who worked at Polkemmet Colliery.
I would often give my lunch money and go without that day to help out,one time when donating one of the miners broke down in tears when I told him it was my lunch money I was donating.
When I think back to that time now,I feel nothing but anger to a party and Thatcher that tried to crush people in the way they did,to see proud working men reduced to begging will stay with me forever.
So I'm sorry,scum is what they are and that's being kind to them.
They have no interest in the ordinary man on the street or for Scotland's wellbeing only what the can bleed out of us.

She did so on an ideological basis, much like todays austerity. The idea that acts carried out in the name of government/policy or whatever are above being judged as pure, vicious class based attack doesnt sit well with me. If you want to call a spade a spade, then its ok with me to call Tories scum.

Your Tory leadership types believe in things like class and birthright. They believe people like us should know our place. To me, that is deserving of being fucking hounded by decent people.