When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Imagine being a Tory voter in Scotland.  You really should be lobotomised.

The future leader of the Party and future PM, Boris Johnson, fucking hates Scotland, yet Scots will still vote for the Tories, and will vote No in the next Indy Ref.  Absolute slavers each and every one of them.

12 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Proportionately more older No voters than older Yes voters dying might have an impact.

That being said for me the real targets for any IndyRef2 campaign has to be those soft No voters - those who voted No not out of any politcial reason but out of economic fear.  In particular there needs to be more doen in terms of those female voters who voted No.

As people get older they get more Conservative - doesn't this nullify the above argument?

Imagine being a Tory voter in Scotland.  You really should be lobotomised.
The future leader of the Party and future PM, Boris Johnson, fucking hates Scotland, yet Scots will still vote for the Tories, and will vote No in the next Indy Ref.  Absolute slavers each and every one of them.

The ‘resurgence’ of the Tory vote in Scotland, such as it was, was utterly twisted. You might say the same about any vote for the Tories at this point.

1 hour ago, git-intae-thum said:

Really surprised by you saying 16 to 19 voted no. First I have heard that.

Statistically the older a person was, the more likely they were to vote no.

That cannot be in dispute.

Two reasons they voted no imo.

Firstly...the older you are, the more likely you are to still retain a misguided sense of Britishness. Nothing the independence movement does can really shake that. 

Second .. money.

A campaign highlighting the UK pension...... contrasting with each of our European neighbours, may work.

Provide evidence of what Scotland ultimately can do differently.

Even a relatively small amount of older voters just not voting no next time, will likely see independence over the line.

Fucking bullshit.

I've just turned 70 - voted Yes last time and will vote Yes next time. 

Why don't you set up a poll asking the over 60s (of Scots born and bred) how they voted last time and how they intend voting next time.

As for the older you are the more likely you are to retain a sense of Britishness... 

I've never heard so much fucking crap. 

1 minute ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Fucking bullshit.

I've just turned 70 - voted Yes last time and will vote Yes next time. 

Why don't you set up a poll asking the over 60s (of Scots born and bred) how they voted last time and how they intend voting next time.

As for the older you are the more likely you are to retain a sense of Britishness... 

I've never heard so much fucking crap. 

Glad you voted yes.....and will vote yes next time.

But it's clear that statistically the older you are the more of a minority position your opinion becomes.

How would you explain this then?

15 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

What's the relevance of being Scots born and bred? Why not ask all over 60's?

Because us oldies are getting the fucking blame!

I knew several English people when I lived in Inverness - all of whom voted No last time. They thought the notion that Scotland could govern itself was just ridiculous.

I do strongly suspect that a substantial majority of the 400,000 of the estimated number of English currently living in Scotland, are much more like more likely to vote No than the over 60s of Scots born and bred residents. 

25 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

Glad you voted yes.....and will vote yes next time.

But it's clear that statistically the older you are the more of a minority position your opinion becomes.

How would you explain this then?

Is it really clear?

Where have you got your figures from?

Do you know many Scots of any age who are happy to be regarded as British?

It's not old people who threaten Scottish Independence, it's English people living here and Rangers fans.  That just means the SNP will have campaign harder next time to sway them.  Which i hope, and think, they will do.

2 hours ago, renton said:

Not according to the Edinburgh University study:

http://centreonconstitutionalchange.ac.uk/sites/default/files/Scottish Referendum Study 27 March 2015.pdf

page 7: 16-19 62.5% Yes. Interesting to note the dink down towards No in the 20-24 age range, almost certainly because that bin has a larger share of other UK born and EU nationals as it's most of your University population up to and through Post grad. Probably also folk from those Non Scots born demogrpahics whow went to Uni taking graduate jobs in Scotland for a year or two.

image.thumb.png.d97adef5bd4e53aec0fb31867c4e1ff3.png

Also, page 5 for other UK born (mostly English) voting: 72.1% No.

image.thumb.png.cb37d249f9dece806c241beb182de82c.png

The implication here is clear. We have to take the vote away from anyone who's protestant. Us Papists ken the script.

48 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It's not old people who threaten Scottish Independence, it's English people living here and Rangers fans.  That just means the SNP will have campaign harder next time to sway them.  Which i hope, and think, they will do.

Good on yer, Scarf....

I could never take part in any demonstration against English who have chosen to make their home in Scotland.

However, I could be persuaded to make an exception in the case of Rangers fans.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

Just now, ICTJohnboy said:

Good on yer, Scarf....

I could never take part in any demonstration against English who have chosen to make their home in Scotland.

However, I could be persuaded to make an exception in case of Rangers fans.

Same.  That English out of Scotland flag was horrific.  And not the views of any normal, decent nationalist.  

Rangers fans, on the whole, are fat wankers.

3 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

The implication here is clear. We have to take the vote away from anyone who's protestant. Us Papists ken the script.

Taking the vote away from C of E disciples would see us get over the line.

43 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Popery seems to have little effect

It’s just strongly corellated with things that do.

IMG_0206.jpg

And what's the thing that unites them all? A belief in the infallibility of the Holy Father. 

txhhnkrk7pbfxdfr8kat.jpg

The earlier points regarding the SNP & their campaigning, whilst valid, is missing the point slightly I feel.
Independence is the goal of the SNP, but after that’s achieved, largely the slate will be clean & the party will splinter. At least that’s my hope. The YES campaign should be all encompassing, and certainly not SNPcentric.
YES needs to attract support from all spheres to carry us over the line, as much as it sickens me, that has to include soft no Tories & Labour. Alienating any political persuasion, age group, ethnic origin or religion is just plain stupid.
Saying that, all those fat orange rangers fans can f**k right off.