When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Hi Malky m8. Whats your view on Trumps open endorsement for a majority Tory Government?
It's almost as if he's trying to get his hands on something and knows exactly who will hand it over to him....

It's interesting you choose to bring up Donald Trump at this time especially in reference to political interference and knowing who will hand stuff over to him.  After all it's only 12 years ago when the SNP first climbed into bed with the man they now love to pretend to loathe. A deal that gave of a strong whiff of sleaze was how the Liberal Democrats described Alex Salmonds courting of Donald Trump and his investment in a golf course in Aberdeen. The local council had rejected Trumps plans for the course, but that was not a problem at all for the authoritarian Scottish Government who rode rough shod over local planning to ensure Trump got what he wanted. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/snp-smells-of-sleaze-for-backing-trumps-golf-course-development-765282.html

Trump wasn't even a politician back then, never mind President of the USA. He was just a businessman and a TV Celebrity when Alex Salmond and his cohorts pulled their pants down and bent over. 

21 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Heres the facts, the American congress is openly being targeted by lobbyists employed by private healthcare companies and pharma companies, they are lobbying to increase drug prices to the NHS by 2.5x and get access for private providers as NHS contractors. Jeremy Hunt literally has written a book on NHS privatisation. The congress has openly had members saying they will block a uk/us trade deal if NHS isnt on the deal. The UK is the minor partner in any deal, ie we need them post brexit far more than they need us.

All of the above is fact, anyone who thinks the NHS is safe post brexit or in vermin tory hands is a fucking moron. Absolutely anyone who disputes this is too stupid to be allowed to vote and should go to a creche on the day of the election and spend their time productively playing with sand and writing their name in finger-paint. Or simply doesnt care about people being plunged into poverty.

Please unionists, please please please prove me wrong. If not shut the f**k up, go back to ibrox and leave the politics to the adults. Indy isnt just good for Scotland, its fucking necessary.

Ive travelled in the US extensively, seen people begging in the streets for money for prescriptions, diabetics dying because they had to ration insulin, people having to fundraise in shops for cancer treatment. I have American friends who pay £1500 a month in healthcare cover. Even then they still pay for prescriptions.

Is that the future anyone wants here? Because thats what the tories want!

Dear, oh dear. Written by a 12 year old no doubt.....

1 minute ago, Malky3 said:

It's interesting you choose to bring up Donald Trump at this time especially in reference to political interference and knowing who will hand stuff over to him.  After all it's only 12 years ago when the SNP first climbed into bed with the man they now love to pretend to loathe. A deal that gave of a strong whiff of sleaze was how the Liberal Democrats described Alex Salmonds courting of Donald Trump and his investment in a golf course in Aberdeen. The local council had rejected Trumps plans for the course, but that was not a problem at all for the authoritarian Scottish Government who rode rough shod over local planning to ensure Trump got what he wanted. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/snp-smells-of-sleaze-for-backing-trumps-golf-course-development-765282.html

Trump wasn't even a politician back then, never mind President of the USA. He was just a businessman and a TV Celebrity when Alex Salmond and his cohorts pulled their pants down and bent over.

So whataboutery it is then?

You're comparing Donald Trump (before he got into politics) opening up  a golf course with the flogging off of the national health service. How sad.

1 minute ago, BawWatchin said:

So whataboutery it is then?

You're comparing Donald Trump (before he got into politics) opening up  a golf course with the flogging off of the national health service. How sad.

Nah. What I've done is show that the SNP have history of giving Trump what he wants. Trump is more interested in his pal Farage than he is in the Tories - but regardless it's got to be plain to most with a brain that for America it's going to be far easier to do business with Johnston than it would be to do business with a Marxist like Corbyn. 

11 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I saw a bumper sticker beside a trump one that said ‘if you think healthcare is expensive just wait til its free’. Genuinely one of the stupidest things ive ever read/seen.

I still greet every month when I have to pay my health insurance here. That being said, it is far far far cheaper here than it is in the US, which I guess is something.

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

I still greet every month when I have to pay my health insurance here. That being said, it is far far far cheaper here than it is in the US, which I guess is something.

You realise that we in the UK still have to pay for our NHS too? It's deducted from wage packets up and down the country. 

27 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Heres the facts, the American congress is openly being targeted by lobbyists employed by private healthcare companies and pharma companies, they are lobbying to increase drug prices to the NHS by 2.5x and get access for private providers as NHS contractors. Jeremy Hunt literally has written a book on NHS privatisation. The congress has openly had members saying they will block a uk/us trade deal if NHS isnt on the deal. The UK is the minor partner in any deal, ie we need them post brexit far more than they need us.

All of the above is fact, anyone who thinks the NHS is safe post brexit or in vermin tory hands is a fucking moron. Absolutely anyone who disputes this is too stupid to be allowed to vote and should go to a creche on the day of the election and spend their time productively playing with sand and writing their name in finger-paint. Or simply doesnt care about people being plunged into poverty.

I've been on this forum long enough to know that poverty doesn't exist, mate. Have you learned nothing from MalkSoft and his hero Iain Duncan Smith?

Just now, Malky3 said:

Nah. What I've done is show that the SNP have history of giving Trump what he wants. Trump is more interested in his pal Farage than he is in the Tories - but regardless it's got to be plain to most with a brain that for America it's going to be far easier to do business with Johnston than it would be to do business with a Marxist like Corbyn. 

Except the Scottish Government didn't give Trump anything. There was simply no legal grounds for preventing him opening up a course there. If central government hadn't intervened, he'd have taken the Government to court and sued. The council in Aberdeen knew this full well. It was just another one of their pathetic political games.

2 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Except the Scottish Government didn't give Trump anything. There was simply no legal grounds for preventing him opening up a course there. If central government hadn't intervened, he'd have taken the Government to court and sued. The council in Aberdeen knew this full well. It was just another one of their pathetic political games.

Really? What about the impact on an area of scientific importance? We know now the devastation the golf course had caused to that area, and there's still no sign of the 1440 jobs that it was going to bring to the area. 

Looking at other links between the SNP and Mr Trump, what do you make of the fact that one of the biggest consumers of Scottish Government owned Prestwick Airport is a certain Mr Donald Trump and the American Airforce? 

10 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

You realise that we in the UK still have to pay for our NHS too? It's deducted from wage packets up and down the country. 

I appreciate that the NHS is funded via tax and national insurance, yes. We also pay tax in Switzerland which helps subsidise the healthcare of those with low or no incomes. Because I am fortunate enough to be earning well, I have to pay for additional, separate, private health insurance. The very act of having to pay this separately, as opposed to it coming straight from my wage, is the painful part of it. Out of sight, out of mind, I believe is the expression.

Have you managed to source evidence for the figures in your previous claims yet?

Edited by Ross.

2 minutes ago, Anonapersona said:

You absolutely don't want anything like the US system of healthcare.

Ofcourse not. And no-one is suggesting that is what the Conservatives are looking to bring over here. The Nationalists on here are just desperately trying to muck rake cause they can't argue against the figures that show Scottish Independence wouldn't work. 

Just now, Ross. said:

I appreciate that the NHS is funded via tax and national insurance, yes. We also pay tax in Switzerland which helps subsidise the healthcare of those with low or no incomes. Because I am fortunate enough to be earning well, I have to pay for additional, separate, private health insurance. The very act of having to pay this separately, as opposed to it come straight from my wage, is the painful part of it. Out of sight, out of mind, I believe is the expression.

Have you managed to source evidence for the figures in your previous claims yet?

I've told you where to look Ross. I don't have the time or the inclination to do your homework for you. 

Just now, Malky3 said:

I've told you where to look Ross. I don't have the time or the inclination to do your homework for you.

Making claims you cannot back up then, and blaming it on others to camouflage your inability to back up your claims. Fair enough.

You absolutely don't want anything like the US system of healthcare.

I know! The standard of healthcare we get free is incredible. If you consider what we pay in tax for the public services we get its a steal at that. Its quite funny that idiots like Malky think we’d get just as good a service by selling the NHS out. Scary though. Just need to look at mental health provision to see how fucked we’d be staying in the union.
My wife is a doctor, financially its in her interest for this to happen, she’d literally become a millionaire in a matter of years, but wouldnt even dream of it because of how much harm it would cause. Its now coming to you either want indy or you want the union, nhs privatisation and all trump will bring. Thats the reality.

12 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Making claims you cannot back up then, and blaming it on others to camouflage your inability to back up your claims. Fair enough.

The GERs Report backs up everything I've said as does the ONS. The First Minister and the FInance Minister are on record stating it's a fair and accurate representation of Scotlands current fiscal position. You want to challenge that but rather bizarrely you want me to do your homework for you too. As I've said repeatedly feel free to do your own research and post it on here. As I've promised I'll be polite and I promise I won't even snigger, or at least I'll try desperately to hold in my laughter. 

Have a go Ross, please. 

Mince. Now I like mince as much as the next person. It can be used in many different and exciting recipes. But when you get offered pure unadulterated mince day after day it really does get boring. You just hope you can get back to the interesting stuff before the loads of mince appeared on the menu.

8 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I know! The standard of healthcare we get free is incredible. If you consider what we pay in tax for the public services we get its a steal at that. Its quite funny that idiots like Malky think we’d get just as good a service by selling the NHS out. Scary though. Just need to look at mental health provision to see how fucked we’d be staying in the union.
My wife is a doctor, financially its in her interest for this to happen, she’d literally become a millionaire in a matter of years, but wouldnt even dream of it because of how much harm it would cause. Its now coming to you either want indy or you want the union, nhs privatisation and all trump will bring. Thats the reality.

There it is again. A daft Nationalist who thinks the NHS is FREE. They must think all those nice kind nurses just give up their time for free and those lovely GP's and Consultants are only driving about in Ferrari's, Jaguars, and Porsches cause their grateful patients gave them to them as gifts. 

1 minute ago, Malky3 said:

The GERs Report backs up everything I've said as does the ONS. The First Minister and the FInance Minister are on record stating it's a fair and accurate representation of Scotlands current fiscal position. You want to challenge that but rather bizarrely you want me to do your homework for you too. As I've said repeatedly feel free to do your own research and post it on here. As I've promised I'll be polite and I promise I won't even snigger, or at least I'll try desperately to hold in my laughter. 

Have a go Ross, please. 

Hi Malky. That's not really how these things work. When someone makes a claim, they have to provide evidence to back up that claim. You are making a claim and not providing that evidence, instead asking me to do your work for you. Please provide evidence to back up your claims, or stop making them.