When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

I like to peruse the front pages when I'm on the shops or supermarket and every time I do this I see an anti SNP headline.

Surely even the thickest piece of shit like Malky would realise the brainwashing taking place with this agenda.

You can always spot a newspaper reader.

They come away with anti SNP stuff and don't even know why they hate them. A lot like Brexiteers and the anti EU stuff.

To be fair, they have perfectly valid reasons.

Ranging from "wee jimmy krankie" to "snazis".

3 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

Does it mention where and Independent Scotland would make £12.6Bn of cuts? Would an Independent Scotland be able to afford pensions on its own? Would Scotland still be able to fund an NHS? Nah its some shite Nationalist propaganda rag. 

10 hours ago, Malky3 said:

I wonder how environmentally friendly the production of each of those flags were and what happens to all that polyester when these rally's are done? Hopefully it's some local Scottish manufacturer who is benefitting from all the trade and not some Third World slave labour workshop. 

30 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Does it mention where and Independent Scotland would make £12.6Bn of cuts? Would an Independent Scotland be able to afford pensions on its own? Would Scotland still be able to fund an NHS? Nah its some shite Nationalist propaganda rag. 

TL:DR

Now, Malky, those questions I asked and the figures Ross wanted?

31 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Tell me, how does the UK Government manage to borrow £12.6bn and spend it on our behalf?

But we somehow can't borrow that money ourselves and spend it on our own behalf?

This is what the yoons want, this is what they think is reasonable for the NHS.

I’m guessing there are many ‘yoons’ who have no desire for this whatsoever. Sweeping generalisations like this don’t help anyone.

Within the uk or as an independent Scotland we must avoid an American model of healthcare at all costs. It is obscene.

I’m guessing there are many ‘yoons’ who have no desire for this whatsoever. Sweeping generalisations like this don’t help anyone.

Within the uk or as an independent Scotland we must avoid an American model of healthcare at all costs. It is obscene.

The yoons know that in order to get their brexit this is what will happen to the NHS, its patently clear. If you want to remain in the UK you might not want it to happen but this is what will happen. The only way to avoid a US system of heathcare and protect the NHS now is to vote for independence and stop the vermin tories from bargaining it away.

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The yoons know that in order to get their brexit this is what will happen to the NHS, its patently clear. If you want to remain in the UK you might not want it to happen but this is what will happen. The only way to avoid a US system of heathcare and protect the NHS now is to vote for independence and stop the vermin tories from bargaining it away.

Not all unionists support Brexit, not all unionists are tories.

It is not as binary as you are making out.

Not all unionists support Brexit, not all unionists are tories.
It is not as binary as you are making out.

The most likely outcome of any UK election is a far right tory government, so if you support the union you support that Scotland will be likely subjected to a tory government, if you support that then you have to accept that brexit is what they want. This is a binary issue.

3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The most likely outcome of any UK election is a far right tory government, so if you support the union you support that Scotland will be likely subjected to a tory government, if you support that then you have to accept that brexit is what they want. This is a binary issue.

Credibility gone.

9 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

Tell me, how does the UK Government manage to borrow £12.6bn and spend it on our behalf?

But we somehow can't borrow that money ourselves and spend it on our own behalf?

Oh dear. I hadn't quite realised I was arguing with someone who literally had a Primary School grasp of money. Tell me when the bank allows your Mummy and Daddy to borrow money to buy staff do you quiz the bank on why they are allowed to borrow money to use on you but they won't offer the same facilities to you based on your £2 per week pocket money? 

23 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Rubbish. We don't know what choices and Independent Scotland would make to balance the books. The NHS could be one of the first things to go. 

15 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Your original statement is that unionists want the NHS butchered into an American style system. I am 99.9% certain that is bollocks.

If you were able to articulate and convince the argument quoted to a unionist about the consequences of living in a Tory run country instead of pigeon holing a few million people into a view on here then I wouldn't have challenged it.

I’ll not quote the troll, for the benefit of those that have him on ignore.
With regards to your pocket money analogy, can you explain the logic? I’m assuming that “Mummy & Daddy” will be able to borrow based upon assets & future earnings, which Scotland has. The £2 a week picket money recipient would most likely not have assets to use as collateral & future earnings are an abstract proposition at this moment in time. This does not apply to Scotland.

Your original statement is that unionists want the NHS butchered into an American style system. I am 99.9% certain that is bollocks.
If you were able to articulate and convince the argument quoted to a unionist about the consequences of living in a Tory run country instead of pigeon holing a few million people into a view on here then I wouldn't have challenged it.

You say that but they happily vote for the tories and that’s what the tories want. Labour are an irrelevance in Scotland.

5 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

You say that but they happily vote for the tories and that’s what the tories want. Labour are an irrelevance in Scotland.

True but I'm sure many are in denial or ignorant about the fact the tories desire that outcome. They of course strenuously deny it.

I'd think if the Tory manifesto explicitly said we're looking to privatise the NHS and sell it off to the USA they wouldn't do very well.

True but I'm sure many are in denial or ignorant about the fact the tories desire that outcome. They of course strenuously deny it.
I'd think if the Tory manifesto explicitly said we're looking to privatise the NHS and sell it off to the USA they wouldn't do very well.

The tories havent denied that they desire the outcome, their former health minister wrote a book on it, Trump their fellow far right ally has said its necessary for a trade deal, the American congress has said its got to happen. The tories didnt put austerity on their manifesto, they didnt put their racist deportation of black people on their manifesto, they didnt put mass extermination of disabled people via benefit reform on it, but they’ve done all these things.

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The tories havent denied that they desire the outcome, their former health minister wrote a book on it, Trump their fellow far right ally has said its necessary for a trade deal, the American congress has said its got to happen. The tories didnt put austerity on their manifesto, they didnt put their racist deportation of black people on their manifesto, they didnt put mass extermination of disabled people via benefit reform on it, but they’ve done all these things.

I'm not disagreeing with all of that. This is not me defending the tories. I just think you are underestimating the ignorance of many voters.

The official Tory party line is that the NHS is not for sale and they are the party to save it.

I think (sorry if I am wrong) Dons1988 is sinply pointing out that a lot of Tory voters don't know or understand what they are voting for?

That they may be unionists/no/leave voters, but are unable tonsee that despite their interests happening to align with the tories on those single issues, they cannot see the full picture.

In that regard, I think he is correct.