When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Because most Scots don't like tories and don't want anything to do with them, is it surprising to you that this is a major campaign subject?

It’s not surprising to me, most Scots find it very convenient to blame Tories for any of their woes. It’s an easy target.

Is it surprising to you that most No supporters don’t like the SNP, and want nothing to do with them?

40 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Fucking hell you can tell you guys are thirsty. This living in the Union is really upsetting for some of you guys. That last conversation is like a 10 vs 1 with the usual back up dancers cheering on from the sidelines. 

Hostile, hostile place. 

If you're going to argue for the retention of the UK in the face of what's being done to Scotland, you should hardly be surprised that most sensible people will reach the conclusion that, on a political level at least, you're an arsehole. 

"Scotland should take Scotland's decisions" really shouldn't be controversial in the context of the rest of the normal, civilised world. People, like you, who think it is controversial are part of a diminishing number and your arguments on grounds of "Britishness" or too wee/too poor are being ripped up as they should be.  

1 minute ago, HTG said:

If you're going to argue for the retention of the UK in the face of what's being done to Scotland, you should hardly be surprised that most sensible people will reach the conclusion that, on a political level at least, you're an arsehole. 

"Scotland should take Scotland's decisions" really shouldn't be controversial in the context of the rest of the normal, civilised world. People, like you, who think it is controversial are part of a diminishing number and your arguments on grounds of "Britishness" or too wee/too poor are being ripped up as they should be.  

Lol, I dont think this thread is a good encapsulation of most sensible people's thoughts on such matters.

All the presumptions you make about things I've not said or even implied helps to prove my point about the quality or sensibility in the discourse here. 

It’s not surprising to me, most Scots find it very convenient to blame Tories for any of their woes. It’s an easy target.
Is it surprising to you that most No supporters don’t like the SNP, and want nothing to do with them?
A decent post tbf... What's happening is a growing them v us culture, however the size of the indy group in proportion to the No group will continue to rise.

IlAs i said, you dont need to vote for them once scotland get independent. I realise this is hard for no voters to understand but it is true.

I get so frustrated with no voters banging on about scotland being unable to survive independence. There are many other countries with smaller GDP’s who would kill to have the resources Scotland does. We have not even scratched the surface for renewables. Yet we are being told we cant afford it. The UK will continue to spread lies about an independent Scotlands finances and no voters will lap up the lies. Similar to brexit. People fed lies and the truth comes out after.

I dont really have an issue with people who want to stay part of the UK. That is their choice. However, i do have an issue with people voting no to independence based on false figures and lies.

I do think it is strange that people want to continue to be ruled by a government that sees scotland as annoying itch (apart when we want independence).

Even looking past the financial figures, surely the chance to be ruled by a party, that has the best interests of Scotland at heart and any decision is taken for scotland, is more than enough to even consider the possibility of an independent scotland.

19 minutes ago, Aufc said:

IlAs i said, you dont need to vote for them once scotland get independent. I realise this is hard for no voters to understand but it is true.

I get so frustrated with no voters banging on about scotland being unable to survive independence. There are many other countries with smaller GDP’s who would kill to have the resources Scotland does. We have not even scratched the surface for renewables. Yet we are being told we cant afford it. The UK will continue to spread lies about an independent Scotlands finances and no voters will lap up the lies. Similar to brexit. People fed lies and the truth comes out after.

I dont really have an issue with people who want to stay part of the UK. That is their choice. However, i do have an issue with people voting no to independence based on false figures and lies.

I do think it is strange that people want to continue to be ruled by a government that sees scotland as annoying itch (apart when we want independence).

Even looking past the financial figures, surely the chance to be ruled by a party, that has the best interests of Scotland at heart and any decision is taken for scotland, is more than enough to even consider the possibility of an independent scotland.

That’s a very salient post. If Scotland was run by a centre/right party, I wouldn’t be adverse to going it alone. But that is never going to happen. It will always be failed councillors, trade unionists, career civil servants etc at the helm. And I’m afraid, that’s not for me. 

9 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

That’s a very salient post. If Scotland was run by a centre/right party, I wouldn’t be adverse to going it alone. But that is never going to happen. It will always be failed councillors, trade unionists, career civil servants etc at the helm. And I’m afraid, that’s not for me. 

Can you specify who exactly within the current SNP government fall into each of these categories?

Or don’t, I’m not really fussed. Not that interested in the opinions of someone who looks at the world and says “what we need is more right wing governments”

How do you know? Plus if we get independence then just vote for whatever party you like.

Now I am not saying the SNP are not without fault. However, you cannot sit there and say that they do not have the best interests of scotland at heart.

I would also take them over most of the tories who are completely dishonest and corrupt.

22 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

I'm guessing you're a 'glass half empty' kind of guy.

21 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

ah so it's the quality of politician that makes staying in the UK so attractive to you. 

Johnson, Patel, Hancock, Grayling, Gove, Fox.....ah yes, now that is just a small number of the excellent MP's from just one party.....wow, this is a big moment for me.  In one short post you have made me realise how foolish I have been to want Scottish Independence all of my life....yup let's stick with the Union, they are a great bunch.....

It sounds like you can be convinced. If you change your mindset from one of fear to one of hope then you will be there

2 hours ago, Glen Sannox said:

New SNP!

2 hours ago, Aufc said:

How do you know? Plus if we get independence then just vote for whatever party you like.

Now I am not saying the SNP are not without fault. However, you cannot sit there and say that they do not have the best interests of scotland at heart.

I would also take them over most of the tories who are completely dishonest and corrupt.

Wow. That's tragic.