When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
25 minutes ago, NotThePars said:
Why did she ask the guy from Wheel of Fortune to walk her down instead?

You try saying no to Nicky Campbell or John Leslie.

That implies they said they wanted to. Get your stories straight!

42 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Why did she ask the guy from Wheel of Fortune to walk her down instead?

Dunno, it was they were on the telly at the time and I think it was some gimmick based on that. It was Nicki Campbell, forgot his name. 

19 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Dunno, it was they were on the telly at the time and I think it was some gimmick based on that. It was Nicki Campbell, forgot his name. 

I used to know a boy from Kirrie who claimed to be related to her. He thought she was a stuck up c**t. Hard to verify as he was frequently off his fucking tits. Sound lad though. 

On 21/11/2020 at 12:23, Ad Lib said:

If the value of your share in it and the shares held by it are denominated in Sterling, it’s quite dependent on UK economics.

So.  It would be like every pension fund on earth - dependent on economics.

You haven't changed a bit you deceitful, dishonest c**t.

Edited by Baxter Parp

8 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Increasingly I think where indyref1 was fought in the hopes of seeing a Scandinavian model country for my generation to enjoy, indyref2 is going to be about the wellbeing of my kids generation onwards. I'm  fine with this but I get its a tough sell to people who worry about their own wellbeing, or for my parents generation. If we want the fabled grown up conversation about independence honestly then we need to acknowledge this.

I went through this very same conversation when my eldest was in P1 in a really nice part of Aberdeenshire.  That Scottish education was on a downward curve and that Scottish society was turning in to a desperate and squalid monoculture was pretty obvious even 15 years ago.

If you really care about your kids then GTF out of Scotland.

I went through this very same conversation when my eldest was in P1 in a really nice part of Aberdeenshire.  That Scottish education was on a downward curve and that Scottish society was turning in to a desperate and squalid monoculture was pretty obvious even 15 years ago.
I would have to disagree here, despite the media hyberbole, our education system is top class and any naysayer can pull a statistic out a hat.

As I understand it, if we're talking about sterlingisaton with no currency union (SGC position) then Scotland taking on a debt share means issuing a huge number of bonds in a foreign currency without having a central bank that can guarantee them. The volumes are such that it needs institutional investors like pension funds to buy them but it has no control over inflation, so it runs risks of not being able to service the interest payments at one end, and representing a real terms loss on investment at the other end. Of course occupational pensions diversify to mitigate these events. An equivalent state pension to that of the UK would be paid for by a mix of bond issues and tax. Tough if you're trying to limit spending for a decade.
You can't just edit a spreadsheet to fix this and like every policy choice it will have a human cost. Increasingly I think where indyref1 was fought in the hopes of seeing a Scandinavian model country for my generation to enjoy, indyref2 is going to be about the wellbeing of my kids generation onwards. I'm  fine with this but I get its a tough sell to people who worry about their own wellbeing, or for my parents generation. If we want the fabled grown up conversation about independence honestly then we need to acknowledge this.
Sorry bud but I have to disagree with what you have said - and I believe you are falling into the unionist trap.
Firstly any pension you have in place at time of independence is locked (state), any defined benefits pension is locked (company) and any defined contribution pension fluctuates based on worldwide markets (zip to do with Scotland in grand scheme)
You are talking about currency fluks not pensions. Scotland will be pegged to sterling.
Whole pension thing is an Archie McPherson ruse, which belongs in the Express

39 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

15 years ago (2005), unionist parties were in power at both Westminster & Holyrood.

Even with the best part of 2 bottles of wine in me tonight, I'm still posting more sense than your drunken rants.

40 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
59 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I would have to disagree here, despite the media hyberbole, our education system is top class and any naysayer can pull a statistic out a hat.

One of the problems with education in Scotland is, Jordanhill aside, the the lack of excellence.  Even good schools - and we could have sent our weans to either Banchory or Cults - aren't that great.

The best state schools in England pish all over the best state schools in Scotland.

Plus schools who prioritise rugby are always so much better in every respect.

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

One of the problems with education in Scotland is, Jordanhill aside, the the lack of excellence.  Even good schools - and we could have sent our weans to either Banchory or Cults - aren't that great.

The best state schools in England pish all over the best state schools in Scotland.

If education is getting worse in Scotland post devolution, then why are the biggest pished up slavers in Scotland auld senile people like yourself who were educated well before devolution?

On 19/11/2020 at 19:42, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Can anyone explain why Kincy wasn't emptied last night?

Posters have been binned for a lot less.

I missed this little bon mot.

Why do you think I should have been binned?   Which P&B rule(s) did I break?

I know you won't give me a sensible reply but I still wanted to ask the Q.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Cults isn't that great? Open your Unionist eyes Kincy. You know that is utter nonsense. 

8 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Cults isn't that great? Open your Unionist eyes Kincy. You know that is utter nonsense. 

Cults isn't that great.

OK it may be acceptable in Scottish terms but some of us aren't wrapped up in tartan.

Edit:  Comprehensive schooling within a dreadful monoculture like Scotland always means schooling down to the lowest common denominator.  There is just no capacity for excellence.

Edited by The_Kincardine

22 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Cults isn't that great.

OK it may be acceptable in Scottish terms but some of us aren't wrapped up in tartan.

Edit:  Comprehensive schooling within a dreadful monoculture like Scotland always means schooling down to the lowest common denominator.  There is just no capacity for excellence.

Whereas you arent wrapped up on the outdated, moribund Union Flag. Cults is a well respected excellence of education and a school that has beennrewarded with a gold standard of respect of rights from UNICEF. 

5 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Whereas you arent wrapped up on the outdated, moribund Union Flag. Cults is a well respected excellence of education and a school that has beennrewarded with a gold standard of respect of rights from UNICEF. 

Great.  That's yer Jockland and why empty-headed Natterism is flourishing.