When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 hours ago, Stormzy said:

"The union flag is drenched in the blood of the Scots" what a ridiculously stupid thing to say, embrace it. 

What I said was "The union flag is heavily stained with Scots blood" but if you want to use drenched that's OK.

You are the only one that complained with that statement probably because of your english heritage you are unaware of Scottish History.

Historically many Scots died fighting under that flag for englands empirical ambitions, I could list battles and warfare but it's a long list, I will mention one.

At the battle of Trafalgar when Nelson issued his famous "england expects that every man will do his duty" 20% of the crews were Scots including five of Nelsons Captains.

However that as we know is in the past and all I was doing was pointing out an historical fact.

I

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

What I said was "The union flag is heavily stained with Scots blood" but if you want to use drenched that's OK.

You are the only one that complained with that statement probably because of your english heritage you are unaware of Scottish History.

Historically many Scots died fighting under that flag for englands empirical ambitions, I could list battles and warfare but it's a long list, I will mention one.

At the battle of Trafalgar when Nelson issued his famous "england expects that every man will do his duty" 20% of the crews were Scots including five of Nelsons Captains.

However that as we know is in the past and all I was doing was pointing out an historical fact.

I

1. Coming from the same man that made outlandish claims about horses charging at tanks and then scurried off when you were confronted with the truth, you'll forgive me for being unfussed by your attempted dig. 

2. The second part I emboldened is such an odious rewriting of history. Framing it as poor Scottish men fighting for Englands empire is so ridiculous, factually incorrect and quite a detestable argument to make tbh, I'm guessing you also think Scotland was forced into embracing the trans Atlantic slave trade by England?

You are not allowed to use the term historical fact as you've posted incorrect statements multiple times now and haven't retracted them, you're an intellectual coward. 

9 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

1. Coming from the same man that made outlandish claims about horses charging at tanks and then scurried off when you were confronted with the truth, you'll forgive me for being unfussed by your attempted dig. 

2. The second part I emboldened is such an odious rewriting of history. Framing it as poor Scottish men fighting for Englands empire is so ridiculous, factually incorrect and quite a detestable argument to make tbh, I'm guessing you also think Scotland was forced into embracing the trans Atlantic slave trade by England?

You are not allowed to use the term historical fact as you've posted incorrect statements multiple times now and haven't retracted them, you're an intellectual coward. 

Dear oh dear. A night's sleep and you start the day in the same way - thrashing around trying to defend your lovely history.

Couple of facts for you, sonny. Polish cavalry? Absolutely fought against the Germans, and actually defeated a force including armour at Moksa(sp?). Something around 10% of the Polish army was cavalry at the time. Did you think they stood back and let their comrades do the fighting? No organised charge is recorded, but I'd happily wager that some of them took a run at whatever was coming at them. It seems a bit disrespectful for you to be splitting hairs over brave men defending their country against mental odds, tbh.

The history of England's empire is a history of exploiting the disadvantaged, for whom the armed forces were not an option, but a last resort. It's only been known as economic recruitment for a few years, but the principle is centuries-old. The idea that Scotland as a Nation ever "embraced" the Slave Trade is a new level of obtusity from you. 

Were there Scots involved in the Triangle Trade? Absolutely - there were greedy bastárds back then too. Operating as businessmen, not National representatives. Nothing to do with whether they were English, Scots or Yanks - money was the only loyalty those cúnts understood. 

2 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Dear oh dear. A night's sleep and you start the day in the same way - thrashing around trying to defend your lovely history.

Couple of facts for you, sonny. Polish cavalry? Absolutely fought against the Germans, and actually defeated a force including armour at Moksa(sp?). Something around 10% of the Polish army was cavalry at the time. Did you think they stood back and let their comrades do the fighting? No organised charge is recorded, but I'd happily wager that some of them took a run at whatever was coming at them. It seems a bit disrespectful for you to be splitting hairs over brave men defending their country against mental odds, tbh.

The history of England's empire is a history of exploiting the disadvantaged, for whom the armed forces were not an option, but a last resort. It's only been known as economic recruitment for a few years, but the principle is centuries-old. The idea that Scotland as a Nation ever "embraced" the Slave Trade is a new level of obtusity from you. 

Were there Scots involved in the Triangle Trade? Absolutely - there were greedy bastárds back then too. Operating as businessmen, not National representatives. Nothing to do with whether they were English, Scots or Yanks - money was the only loyalty those cúnts understood. 

Norman, you wrote a lot but didn't manage to refute anything I've corrected, so quite what the point in your post is I'm unsure, the whole "thrashing around" and claiming I'm being disrespectful to Polish soldiers by calling out Sandy for posting pish then scuttling off when confronted with the facts of the matter is very much nonsense, it's just part of this fantasy that you have involving me, I'd prefer it if you got out your head and stopped presuming things about me tbqh. 

Now anytime in future you feel like interacting with me I suggest you read this. 

19 hours ago, Stormzy said:

Now that's anger. 

Norman, I know you're upset about being wrong on pretty much everything ever in the BRALT, I know it hurts you that Rangers won the league, I know the current state of politics upsets you. 

I know you made a complete arse out of yourself the other day indulging in some fantasy story about me travelling down to England and being laughed away as a Scot whilst failing to recognise that I'm English. 

I know you've purposefully misunderstood my post to try and have a dig, I know you've went to amusing lengths to avoid censoring of the word c**t to show how strongly you feel and just how much of a big boy you are but please, could you save this tedious pish for your diary? 

6 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Norman, you wrote a lot but didn't manage to refute anything I've corrected, so quite what the point in your post is I'm unsure, the whole "thrashing around" and claiming I'm being disrespectful to Polish soldiers by calling out Sandy for posting pish then scuttling off when confronted with the facts of the matter is very much nonsense, it's just part of this fantasy that you have involving me, I'd prefer it if you got out your head and stopped presuming things about me tbqh. 

Now anytime in future you feel like interacting with me I suggest you read this. 

oh, dear lord.🤣

One error - forgivable imho* as you seem obsessed with Scots politics, despite knowing less than a lot about the subject, and supporting a Scots(!) football team. I mean, an honourable chap like you would follow his local team, not just find the one whose fans' obsession with the Butcher's Apron is on a par with your own - wouldn't you?

*and acknowledged immediately. Unlike any time you get called out on yer bollox. 

11 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

oh, dear lord.🤣

One error - forgivable imho* as you seem obsessed with Scots politics, despite knowing less than a lot about the subject, and supporting a Scots(!) football team. I mean, an honourable chap like you would follow his local team, not just find the one whose fans' obsession with the Butcher's Apron is on a par with your own - wouldn't you?

*and acknowledged immediately. Unlike any time you get called out on yer bollox. 

Now that's anger. 

Norman, I know you're upset about being wrong on pretty much everything ever in the BRALT, I know it hurts you that Rangers won the league, I know the current state of politics upsets you. 

I know you made a complete arse out of yourself the other day indulging in some fantasy story about me travelling down to England and being laughed away as a Scot whilst failing to recognise that I'm English. 

I know you've purposefully misunderstood my post to try and have a dig, I know you've went to amusing lengths to avoid censoring of the word c**t to show how strongly you feel and just how much of a big boy you are but please, could you save this tedious pish for your diary? 

1 minute ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

..absolutely rent free. 🤣

Now that's anger. 

I’m no history expert but I have read quite a lot about the British Empire and the British East India Company.

In addition, I’ve travelled extensively embracing most of the former colonies.

From my experience, the Empire has a mixed reputation with most countries glad to be free but acknowledging the good things which they derived from the British. In other words, good and bad. I doubt if the Commonwealth would still be in existence if we were viewed as the ‘devil incarnate’.

One thing which is absolutely true is that the Scots played a disproportionately large part in the work of Empire and to suggest that they were dragged in to it by the evil English is just wrong.

Wherever you go in the former colonies Scottish names are everywhere. In Jamaica, for example, every other person seems to have a Scottish name.

Sandy - what you posted is just nonsense, I’m afraid.

Best to embrace the Empire and recognise both the good and the bad.

2 hours ago, Stormzy said:

On your second point I am historically correct, after Culloden and the Genocide and Scorched Earth policy by the government which followed, lands were confiscated by abolishing heritable jurisdiction and absolute poverty ruled the day, cattle and grain were confiscated on a massive scale, the Disarming Act was rigorourly enforced.

Sons of Clan Chiefs whose fathers had died at Culloden eventually joined the British army in order to eventually regain their lands and brought with them impoverished clansmen, this trickle eventually led to thousand s of Scots forming proud regiments such as The Cameronians, Gordon Highlanders, HLI, Scots Fusiliers, Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders the 42nd Highlanders, Black watch etc etc etc.

These Scottish Regiments fought in every theatre of war that Britain was involved in since 1747 and gained a proud reputation, and for you to say that they did not take part in fighting for the british empire and being ridiiculous and factually incorrect is scurrilous and shows your hatred of Scotland.

Shame on You.

3 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

On your second point I am historically correct, after Culloden and the Genocide and Scorched Earth policy by the government which followed, lands were confiscated by abolishing heritable jurisdiction and absolute poverty ruled the day, cattle and grain were confiscated on a massive scale, the Disarming Act was rigorourly enforced.

Sons of Clan Chiefs whose fathers had died at Culloden eventually joined the British army in order to eventually regain their lands and brought with them impoverished clansmen, this trickle eventually led to thousand s of Scots forming proud regiments such as The Cameronians, ..

The Cameronians had a Convenanter heritage and its traditional recruiting area was Lanarkshire and Dumfriesshire. They were formed in 1689 to support William of Orange during the Glorious Revolution after the Scottish parliament had declared that James the VII was no longer king.

18 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Hopefully nothing bad's happened to The Kincardine, but he's going to be furious when he logs back on and finds out he's missed this pish.

Aye, he will be frothing. Apparently his PC was fecked, but it's been a while now, even with lockdown. If his kids are anything like mine, there will be a spare device somewhere he could use. 

He'll probably be more upset at the quality of the shite tribute acts flying the (blood-stained) flag in his absence, mind.