When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

The Polish, a great bunch of lads.

Definitely, I enjoyed them accusing other EU members of playing politics with vaccines earlier. Always been a brave bunch. 

11 hours ago, Stormzy said:

Definitely, I enjoyed them accusing other EU members of playing politics with vaccines earlier. Always been a brave bunch. 

desperately looking for a "PolandBad" article is one thing but then adding a sweeping accusation of the nation being traditionally cowardly is quite another 😀

42 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

desperately looking for a "PolandBad" article is one thing but then adding a sweeping accusation of the nation being traditionally cowardly is quite another 😀

Wtf are you talking about.

I didn't look for anything, I referenced a good story I read about earlier, which is a positive thing and my brave comments were sincere, they are brave to stand up to the rest of the EU who are playing politics with vaccinations imo. 

13 hours ago, Stormzy said:

Charging German tanks on horseback in defense of their country, facing the Russian hordes on their own when Britain and France refused to help, yet 145 Polish Pilots fought in the Battle of Britain etc etc.

What many Scots don't know is that the King of Poland welcomed Scots emigrating to Poland in 1577 and gave them a district in Krakow, by the 1600's  30,000 Scots were living in Poland, so some of those Kowalski's and Kaminski's working here in Scotland could have Scottish blood.

Have some fuckin respect.

7 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Charging German tanks on horseback in defense of their country, facing the Russian hordes on their own when Britain and France refused to help, yet 145 Polish Pilots fought in the Battle of Britain etc etc.

What many Scots don't know is that the King of Poland welcomed Scots emigrating to Poland in 1577 and gave them a district in Krakow, by the 1600's  30,000 Scots were living in Poland, so some of those Kowalski's and Kaminski's working here in Scotland could have Scottish blood.

Have some fuckin respect.

Do you have a source for this?

You know at first I thought you were a simple minded Yes Da but now I'm convinced you're a parody account. 

Who am I not showing respect to? The EU? 😂

5 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

You know at first I thought you were a simple minded Yes Da but now I'm convinced you're a parody account. 

Sandy has just owned you "preacher",admit for once you were wrong......

Who am I not showing respect to? The EU? [emoji23]
Jeebus. I'd blame the schools if I thought this halfwit had ever darkened the doors of one.

12 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Sandy has just owned you "preacher",admit for once you were wrong......

I don't know what you're talking about. What's this "preacher" patter about? 

What am I wrong about? 

I literally praised Poland for calling out other EU members for playing politics over vaccines and now I've had 2 or 3 posters with preconceived opinions and poor reading comprehension working themselves in to a tizzy over it. 

8 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:
22 minutes ago, Stormzy said:
Who am I not showing respect to? The EU? emoji23.png

Jeebus. I'd blame the schools if I thought this halfwit had ever darkened the doors of one.

Sandy has good intentions I'm sure.

You're really struggling without the BRALT aren't your Norman? 

Polish history between 1918-1945 is interesting because for every brave act of resistance or being the little guy there's wild attempts at expansionism and full-throated support for some of the worst goals of Nazism.

31 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charge_at_Krojanty

It's largely a myth. Although the Poles still used a lot of horse mounted cavalry which in the face of automatic machine guns was pretty foolish, or brave depending on your taste.

3 minutes ago, renton said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charge_at_Krojanty

It's largely a myth. Although the Poles still used a lot of horse mounted cavalry which in the face of automatic machine guns was pretty foolish, or brave depending on your taste.

Hence asking for the source, I'm aware of this myth and of course know the exaggerations about charging at tanks, of course horses were still used in some cases, more often for transport etc. 

I'm still bemused as to where the poster got the idea I was insulting or "disrespecting" Poland in the first place. 

Just now, Stormzy said:

Hence asking for the source, I'm aware of this myth and of course know the exaggerations about charging at tanks, of course horses were still used in some cases, more often for transport etc. 

I'm still bemused as to where the poster got the idea I was insulting or "disrespecting" Poland in the first place. 

Probably because you tend to fall neatly into a nice little silo as the Tory cheerleading, Unionist, Brexit loving Rangers fan. Thus, people make assumptions about your views based on that. Therefore your Brave bunch comment was seen by that poster at least as being sarcastic, since he assumed based on your other comments and views that your probably have the typical Gammon's view of "Johnny Foreigner"

Just now, renton said:

Probably because you tend to fall neatly into a nice little silo as the Tory cheerleading, Unionist, Brexit loving Rangers fan. Thus, people make assumptions about your views based on that. Therefore your Brave bunch comment was seen by that poster at least as being sarcastic, since he assumed based on your other comments and views that your probably have the typical Gammon's view of "Johnny Foreigner"

I expected as much. 

I'd disagree with Tory Cheerleader and Brexit loving though but I can see why people would presume that when they mistakenly think my opinions are as polarised as some of theirs. 

I was reading the wiki you posted and saw this line

As late as the 1990s, the myth was still being taught in history classes in some high schools"

I'm glad I saw that because I'm sure we were told this at school, if I recall correctly it wasnt explored in depth but I definitely used to think this to an extent til I got a little bit older and voluntarily read up more on the subject. 

Make no mistake if Douglas Ross was to become FM of a Pro Union majority on 7 May then Indy will be scuppered and not just for few years.

One of the first things he will do, lauded on by Westminster, is to change the electoral boundaries in Scotland to reduce any future chances of Pro Indy majority happening.
David Davis and Westminster are not just gunning for FM or to bring down SNP, they are constructing a systematic attack to destabilize the Scottish Parliament and Democracy in order to weaken Devolution. This is all part of their power grab.

Yesterday the UK Govt passed a Policing Bill that would have made Communist China applaud, we should al be worried.

6 minutes ago, paolo2143 said:

Make no mistake if Douglas Ross was to become FM of a Pro Union majority on 7 May then Indy will be scuppered and not just for few years.

One of the first things he will do, lauded on by Westminster, is to change the electoral boundaries in Scotland to reduce any future chances of Pro Indy majority happening.
David Davis and Westminster are not just gunning for FM or to bring down SNP, they are constructing a systematic attack to destabilize the Scottish Parliament and Democracy in order to weaken Devolution. This is all part of their power grab.

Yesterday the UK Govt passed a Policing Bill that would have made Communist China applaud, we should al be worried.

On the one hand I could see Keir Starmer liking the idea of pushing Scot Labour into a coalition: he'd probably see it as grown up politics, rising above factionalism for the good of dear old Blighty etc. Etc.

However low my opinion of what is left of Scot Lab is though, I cannot see them going down that route. A formal coalition would drive away about 40% of what is left of their vote. Supply and confidence? Would they vote through a Tory budget? They never have an SNP one...

Edited by renton