When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm not going to pretend to be an expert in these matters, but as a layman, it doesn't seem particularly outrageous to spend independence-related funds on electing a pro-independence government, without which an independence outcome would seem rather unlikely. I doubt I'll be manning a barricade over the issue

I thought there was nothing in it most likely when the 3 comittee resigned just maybe a misunderstanding but now treasurer resigns on same thing, then must be something being held back. The reason for that maybe all ok but now it will need to be explained and Murrel should to be replaced whatever happens. Its a joke to have that set up 

2 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

Spending campaign donations on a campaign, any campaign, is not illegal or fraudulent. Swinney says he's not aware of any police investigation into SNP finances.

That's true. But they weren't campaign donations.

1 hour ago, Pato said:

Fair enough. What's the crime there though? Like was there a formal legal thing surrounding the 600k ring fenced for fighting indy2?

Misappropriation of funds, and funds garnered/solicited under false pretences.  Its fraud.  Its 100% illegal. 

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

Quite simply because in England they don’t realise they’re doing it most of the time. Many of them won’t have even noted that poem as being xenophobic or even racist as it’s only about the “Sweaties” I worked in England for many years and have many friends down there but as a nation they are very xenophobic and consider every other country to be inferior to themselves it’s absolutely ingrained in them. I was often put down for being a “Jock” even by people I consider to be friends they don’t seem to understand it’s offensive. The same goes for anything Scottish be it football, money or even our different laws they are also derided as “Mickey Mouse”

Your average person in the pub down south thinks they pay for Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the EU and heck even the North of England and everyone else just sponges off them. I’m not sure how high they think taxes in England are to pay for all these “spongers” but they actually believe it just look at any Brexit social media page or read the comments section of the Daily Mail.

Is there anti English xenophobia and racism in Scotland yes definitely but in my experience it’s 100 times worse the other way you only need to look at social media, most Scottish Nationalist don’t wish to see the people of England starve in the streets but you’ll frequently see it wished upon us if we dare to vote Yes from down south. English Nationalists don’t wish well to the EU or any other nation that dares to want away from their control.

Great post

7 minutes ago, Pato said:

Did they do a crowd funder specifically for campaigning on indyref? I had thought (maybe incorrectly) that it was just ring fenced from general party funds from subs, donations and the like.

No it was specifically for an independence campaign.  Ringfenced for that and that alone. There hasn't been an independence campaign, so that money should still be sitting there.  Given it was 'ringfenced' and all.

They tried to claim recently, after claiming it was "woven through the accounts" that it will be spent on independence preparations this financial year.

What they mean is they are going to attempt to account for it going missing by some jiggery pokery this financial year.

You'll notice Marco Biagi was hired as a "consultant" for indyref six months ago, and has recently resigned.  That will be 50-100k of it accounted for.  They are at it big time, and its insulting to people's intelligence.

2 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

They tried to claim recently, after claiming it was "woven through the accounts" that it will be spent on independence preparations this financial year.

What they mean is they are going to attempt to account for it going missing by some jiggery pokery this financial year.

You'll notice Marco Biagi was hired as a "consultant" for indyref six months ago, and has recently resigned.  That will be 50-100k of it accounted for.  They are at it big time, and its insulting to people's intelligence.

rarely does that work out better than just admitting whats actually happened in the first place

2 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

rarely does that work out better than just admitting whats actually happened in the first place

Agreed, but they can't admit what they've done as its illegal.  So they will engage in creative accounting and simple insulting lies to cover their tracks and hope that people swallow it. That is ongoing now.

6 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:
1 hour ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Misappropriation of funds, and funds garnered/solicited under false pretences.  Its fraud.  Its 100% illegal. 

Like f**k it is.

Live in denial all you want mate.  Its fraud.

3 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:
1 hour ago, HalfCutNinja said:
That's true. But they weren't campaign donations.

Money donated for a future independence campaign isn't a campaign donation?

Exactly.  

"Fraud is committed when someone achieves a practical result by the means of a false pretence. ... Common law fraud is the common 'catch all' for most fraud prosecutions in Scotland. Uttering. The crime of 'uttering' occurs when someone tenders 'as genuine' a forged document to the prejudice of another person."

If its to be used to fight an election, you have to ask for it on that basis. If you ask for it to fight a referendum campaign, then use it to fight an election.....that's fraud mate.  That's illegal. 

Exactly.  
"Fraud is committed when someone achieves a practical result by the means of a false pretence. ... Common law fraud is the common 'catch all' for most fraud prosecutions in Scotland. Uttering. The crime of 'uttering' occurs when someone tenders 'as genuine' a forged document to the prejudice of another person."

If its to be used to fight an election, you have to ask for it on that basis. If you ask for it to fight a referendum campaign, then use it to fight an election.....that's fraud mate.  That's illegal. 
Police Scotland say different. SNP finances are audited every year and examined by the Electoral Commission. There's no fraud. It's bullshit made up to excite the gullible.

4 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:
22 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:
Exactly.  

Police Scotland say different. SNP finances are audited every year and examined by the Electoral Commission. There's no fraud. It's bullshit made up to excite the gullible.

No they don't. They say they're investigating a complaint right now.  They never said different at all.

And if the 600k was ringfenced, but SNP accounts show a balance of 190k, you tell me Einstein, which is a bigger number 190 or 600?  So if they only have 190k in the bank how could the 600 be 'ringfenced'.

This is what I mean its a cult now. The actual National Treasurer of the fucking party resigned yesterday over this, yet still nodding dog morons like you aren't having it.  

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

More on the joyous and civic Natters and their determination to f**k Scotch tourism:

wishart.thumb.jpeg.f337f666bccd366d763ac186a5cde16d.jpeg

I hate to break  this to you, but folk stopped taking you remotely seriously here ages ago. You're basically @spongeheid15 with fewer spelling errors. 

Off you pop old man.