When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

The notes thing does happen tbf. It's almost always to do with the fact that for the recipient, an unusual note is more likely to be a possible fake and it's more difficult to then offload the note onto someone else too, rather than any anti Scottish discrimination.

I've had an Ulster bank note refused here before.

It is ultimately up to the vendor.

Is it f**k up to the vendor that's legal tender I'll have you know

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Used to be a term of endearment

No, never, but it made me think if there's a corresponding "term of endearment" used by "Jocks" and "Taffs" in old war films for an English soldier. Or is it just "Sir"?

4 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

No, never, but it made me think if there's a corresponding "term of endearment" used by "Jocks" and "Taffs" in old war films for an English soldier. Or is it just "Sir"?

I call them Nigel's.  It's a term of endearment.

17 minutes ago, Pato said:

What's the yoonstream explanation for this tourism dismantling thing he's latched onto now? What's the underlying dastardly plan that they've exposed? Y'know like how they said Sturgeon was a dead duck in December, January, March, May because this or that would bring down the government? What's the tourism wheeze that'll definitely definitely do it this time?

Anecdotal stories of English people not booking holidays post covid due to anglophobia. 

Would be intriguing if there was tangible evidence of such drops but I see a lot of people speaking about this on Twitter and it's always just a friend of the family or something equally tenuous. 

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

Anecdotal stories of English people not booking holidays post covid due to anglophobia. 

Would be intriguing if there was tangible evidence of such drops but I see a lot of people speaking about this on Twitter and it's always just a friend of the family or something equally tenuous. 

My 2nd cousin has a "Glamping" business that's fully booked all summer mostly with  Geordies so even the anecdotal evidence is conflicting

"Anglophobia" would also prevent Scottish tourists from crossing the  border in the other direction

Partaking in the delights of bird  watching on the Montrose basin as opposed to Lindisfarne, pottering around the  old town of Stirling as  opposed to medieval Alnwick and getting shitfaced then starting a fight and/or catching an STD in Glasgow as opposed to Newcastle

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

My 2nd cousin has a "Glamping" business that's fully booked all summer mostly with  Geordies so even the anecdotal evidence is conflicting

"Anglophobia" would also prevent Scottish tourists from crossing the  border in the other direction
Partaking in the delights of bird  watching on the Montrose basin as opposed to Lindisfarne, pottering around the  old town of Stirling as  opposed to medieval Alnwick and getting shitfaced then starting a fight and/or catching an STD in Glasgow as opposed to Newcastle
Theres literally no way enough people are engaged enough for Anglophobia to be an issue. Or jockophobia. Its fucking bullshit

Just now, Bairnardo said:
4 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Theres literally no way enough people are engaged enough for Anglophobia to be an issue. Or jockophobia. Its fucking bullshit

Obviously

2 hours ago, Pato said:

I suppose if I'd gone all in on being accepted as a pureblood Brit, and let's not kid ourselves that this years long saga is about anything more complicated, then I'd also interpret being called a Jock as an affectionate ruffle of the hair down the golf club. It's a bit like minority conservatives explaining that interactions we all know are openly prejudicial are in fact good. It's kind of adjacent to those DUP folk being like the most passionately British-identifying people in the UK even though the English are in the main totally nonplussed by these strange Irish people, if they ever think about them at all as being anything like them.

If you're that invested then it'd be an absolute year-zero moment, philosophically speaking, if you were to accept that there might be a flintier edge to these comments.

Gurkha love ins are a weird quirk of British nationalism and all, can mind a fleg waving campaign from Joanna Lumley years back. Afaik theyve been shat on a fair few times in legal battles over the years in spite of this...

I'm going to encourage all small businesses in the Highlands to stop accepting Bank of England notes.  They should be treated with the same contempt as the nonsense cash you sometimes get in your change from joke places like Guernsey and Northern Ireland.

The resistance starts here.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
8 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:
Obviously

If theres anything anyone knows of that I can do to grow and nurture it, they should let me know....

There clearly are a few horrible Scottish people who hate the English

However my wife is English my Mother in law is English my Grandmother in law is English my Father in law is English and  my Sister in law is English

So I have my  reasons

2 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

There clearly are a few horrible Scottish people who hate the English

However my wife is English my Mother in law is English my Grandmother in law is English my Father in law is English and  my Sister in law is English

So I have my  reasons

Ah... Trapped in not one but two destructive Unions with the English.....

Stay strong brother. 

Doing my best to whip up a nationwide frenzy of Anglophobia by insulting the 2 most treasured cultural practices of the English people, paedophile hunting and throwing plastic furniture at continental police forces.