When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, BigDoddyKane said:

Joanne Cherry is saying same thing about transparency, that deosnt mean something dodgy has occurred. It can really just mean poor organisation and people being generally shite at their job and unable to produce or keep good records. The murrel guy does seem a liability so that could be what it is.

on other hand what seems like a few people now saying same thing who are supposed to have oversight of these things and they are resigning over it can be there is something dodgy and they know what it is and they are making sure they have some distance away from it. 

at moment seems more like former than latter but time will tell as its clearly something 

Are we talking Joanna “I’m joining Alba”, shit, that’s not a good idea “ I’m not well”, shit, I’ve missed the boat, oh, thank f**k, there’s Dougie “time to resign” Cherry?

Pish excuses from those with their fingers in their ears going lalalala.

Douglas Chapman and Joanna Cherry join their wee list of heretics. Maybe Louis Theroux could do a documentary.

These folk are no better than the "pin a red rosette on a donkey and they would vote for it" idiots from a generation ago. The apple doesn't fall far.

Here is an entirely novel idea. Those in charge of the finances could provide evidence of where the "ring fenced" independence money is sitting.

Show the finances. No more scandal.

19 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Laughing at someone described as a "towering intellect" or some shit a couple of pages ago being unable to hold her copy and paste resignation off long enough for it to look like anything other than simple inter party politics. 

Has the "towering intellect" claimed otherwise?  Looks to me like there is something rotten at the heart of the SNP which whilst amusing is not good for independence.

I wonder if Pete and Nic failed to recall what the money was donated for.

I find it strange how £600k of yes supporters donations going missing gets Yoons fire burning but literally billions of pounds of public money being stolen in dodgy/ illegal procurement methods from Westminster barely raises an eyebrow.

That said, I'm no longer a member of the SNP and they will get nothing further from me other than a tactical vote for independence. If we don't see a referendum before the next Scottish Parliament election then even that might be at risk. 

13 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

You simply have to say fair play to all the alba headcases and pep and the like. We had an election which confirmed that they are irrelevant cranks four weeks ago and they're still plugging away here and on social media as if normal people should pay attention.

Typical pandb technique of completely misrepresenting what someone has said in order to criticse them.

Fundamentally intellectually dishonest.

Nobody mentioned Alba mate. Not once.

Typical pandb technique of completely misrepresenting what someone has said in order to criticse them.
Are there no Alba cranks on here then? Bit of a shock if that's true.

Just now, Baxter Parp said:
8 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

What point do you make? I didn't even vote for Alba.. Cherry was voted onto the NEC by SNP members mate.

6 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:
14 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Depends what you mean by crank lol.

I voted Alba on the list, main reason being that the SNP vote would be a total waste in the Mid Scotland and Fife region... which turned out to be accurate. I could've voted for the greens I suppose, it was a bit of a toss of a coin tbh. My view is we need independence urgently and Alba talked the most urgency in that regard.

Would readily accept that their social media presence was a farce and their campaigning material was average at best. Salmond as leader is a terrible move given the popularity of Sturgeon and the recent history between them. 

Other than that, the theory of a list only pro indy party is a good one 😂

Depends what you mean by crank lol.
I voted Alba on the list, main reason being that the SNP vote would be a total waste in the Mid Scotland and Fife region... which turned out to be accurate. I could've voted for the greens I suppose, it was a bit of a toss of a coin tbh. My view is we need independence urgently and Alba talked the most urgency in that regard.
Would readily accept that their social media presence was a farce and their campaigning material was average at best. Salmond as leader is a terrible move given the popularity of Sturgeon and the recent history between them. 
Other than that, the theory of a list only pro indy party is a good one [emoji23]

I get that having an alternative to the SNP on the list is strategy to pursue.

Unfortunately it's not just that Salmond was tainted goods but that some of the candidates were somewhat questionable.

The like of Alex Arthur should have been nowhere near the list - and when he did come away with his racist shit should have been binned right away.

24 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I get that having an alternative to the SNP on the list is strategy to pursue.

Unfortunately it's not just that Salmond was tainted goods but that some of the candidates were somewhat questionable.

The like of Alex Arthur should have been nowhere near the list - and when he did come away with his racist shit should have been binned right away.

Yeah, totally agree. 

The candidates in Mid Scotland in Fife were ok though so i didn't mind voting for them. I'm not sure had I been directly electing Alex Arthur I would've voted the same. Salmond himself I'm more relaxed about as I 'm not entirely convinced that the claims against him have much substance and I think you'd struggle to vote for anyone if the things he has actually been doing are enough to put you off. Creepy b*****ds are all over politics, kinda goes with the profession.

It would be good to see a sensible, list only pro indy option develop. If that is to be Alba then Salmond needs to go as a first step... certainly as leader. It also needs to advise its fan base to drop the attacks on the SNP and its voters. A fucking suicidal strategy adopted by absolute morons. 

I think there is still huge education required on how the voting system works and the potential power/ wasting of a 2nd vote however I'm not convinced that that is the sole reason for so many wasted SNP list votes. The simple lack of a credible, suitable alternative is probably just as big a culprit. 

My favorite thing about the Alba twitterati is they have spent months abusing the snp and when somebody says something about them they go in a mega huff and claim everybody is being nasty to them...it's playground stuff

Ps forgot to mention this "600k" thing being brought back up by them is because the 2 mps have suddenly discovered they have no staff or cash 😉

Edited by doulikefish

was it not SNP members who voted Chapman in on a ticket of transparency due to lack of it previously. If he resigns saying he isnt getting what he needs seems pretty fair for people to ask why.

Like i said before its most likely nothing dodgy and more general incompetence by some who just arent able to keep good records and present them when needed.

Does nobody else think its strange Murrel is still in that role when his wife is leader of party/FM now. I dont think that has helped in a few things recently and someone new in that role might be in order to move things forward and clear up what seems a bit of a mess at the least

Edited by BigDoddyKane

2 hours ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Who did you vote for, mate?