When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

The way Unionist talk you’d believe Scotland was already independent 

If Scotland is going down the pan, it does so within the union

He’s not a unionist. I hate to use the current buzz phrase, but UK Nats claiming Scotland is a “country” in a “union” being misgoverned by the SNP literally is gaslighting. When they’re not talking to a Scottish audience (which they obviously think is made up of thick parochial morons), they’ll quite happily recognise the UK as their country and the importance of independent national action. When talking to us, they’ll misrepresent reality and paint Scotland as an already-independent country entirely (mis)governed by the nefarious SNP.

It’s high time people stopped playing the UK game of “unionism”, as any pretensions the UK had to espousing political union died in 2016. Every main party in the UK is strictly UK nationalist and anti-union.

Jedi, old boy, I not only question the SNP on here, I criticise them.  With a few exceptions, I think they're not very good.

Look, no one's hounding me out!

However, I support independence, I' m a democrat and I gotta vote for someone. Labour, the pro-Brexiteers who think in Scotland we should suck up tragedies like Brexit and Tory governments as the price of belonging to the Glorious Union?

Not a chance.

Terrible trolling, old boy.

12 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

Jedi, old boy, I not only question the SNP on here, I criticise them.  With a few exceptions, I think they're not very good.

Look, no one's hounding me out!

However, I support independence, I' m a democrat and I gotta vote for someone. Labour, the pro-Brexiteers who think in Scotland we should suck up tragedies like Brexit and Tory governments as the price of belonging to the Glorious Union?

Not a chance.

Terrible trolling, old boy.

Which policies are you 'critical' of, or which areas do you think they have got wrong?

Take the point on 'have to vote for someone'....why not the Greens or Alba then?

Edited by Jedi

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I love to see the SNP Baaaad crowd continually telling anyone who will listen that the SG is shit whilst Sturgeon and Co continue to get a level of support Labour and the Tories can only dream about.

It'll be something of the ".... too daft,...." variety. 

3 hours ago, Jedi said:

Which policies are you 'critical' of, or which areas do you think they have got wrong?

Take the point on 'have to vote for someone'....why not the Greens or Alba then?

Policies I’m critical of:

1. Transport - A9 dialling is taking far too long and CalMac is a fiasco.  
2. Drugs policy - stop blaming Westminster and go for the health option (safe consumption rooms etc).  I know it is reserved, but with control over the Crown Office, they could just refuse to prosecute.
3. Housing - they should really kick on with social housing, and deal with homelessness. 

5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I love to see the SNP Baaaad crowd continually telling anyone who will listen that the SG is shit whilst Sturgeon and Co continue to get a level of support Labour and the Tories can only dream about.

Maybe because Labour and Tories are utterly vile and there is no one else to vote for. SNP just the best of a dreadful bunch.

Edited by Highlandmagar

7 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

That the SG is shit is a given.  That it gets "a level of support Labour and the Tories can only dream about." is an accusation.

Why do the DWTGs continue to support incompetence and mendacity?  

Edited by The_Kincardine

28 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

That the SG is shit is a given.  That it gets "a level of support Labour and the Tories can only dream about." is an accusation.

Who would your recommendation for an alternative be?

38 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Not convinced that this is a great day to be talking about continuing to support incompetence and mendacity tbh. 

11 minutes ago, jakedee said:

Who would your recommendation for an alternative be?

Almost anyone?

Scotland has been blighted by 15 years of Nationalist incompetence on the back of "Aye but we'll have a hard border soon" whilst the main devolved areas have  turned to shite.

Sadly, the DWTGs are ok with this shamble.

Labour is of course consistently polling at around 50% support in England and Wales at the moment..its Scotland which is the outrider for that.

An 'alternative' for Independence supporters to the SNP..the Greens or Alba. Yes both have low polling numbers but that is partly down to 'no alternative' to the SNP mantra.

If there was more pressure on them with Yes supporters switching to Alba/Green maybe they would have to up their game 

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

OK so bore me.  Why not?

Oh, sorry, I'd have thought it was obvious.

Quite right, sport and politics shouldn't mix. 

Or.... presumably you'll be turning your attention to following Partick Thistle from now on, rather than our hopeless bunch of incompetents at Ibrox? 

4 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Oh, sorry, I'd have thought it was obvious.

Quite right, sport and politics shouldn't mix. 

Or.... presumably you'll be turning your attention to following Partick Thistle from now on, rather than our hopeless bunch of incompetents at Ibrox? 

You're a bit of a tit.

8 hours ago, Jedi said:

Transport especially (still too much focus on roads, not merging it with green targets, clueless on public transport), education (especially FE) and underperformance on Green targets.

8 hours ago, Jedi said:

Dunno where to start with Alba, the Greens will sometimes get my second vote. At Westminster there's an additional push to vote SNP in that my MP is a good egg.

You have rather undermined my point that people who do not venerate the SNP are not given an 'Eh? Eh?' hounding on here, but hey.

Transport/Green targets and Education. How are they doing on Health?

Also, if the SNP are getting 'some' things wrong, but still deserve a vote as a 'means to an end', does the same not apply to Labour? Ie poor attitude on immigration and Brexit without a doubt, (and yes, not falling over themselves to enact a 2nd Indy Ref etc) but a 'means to an end' in getting rid of a Tory govt.

Edited by Jedi

11 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Also, if the SNP are getting 'some' things wrong, but still deserve a vote as a 'means to an end', does the same not apply to Labour? Ie poor attitude on immigration and Brexit without a doubt, (and yes, not falling over themselves to enact a 2nd Indy Ref etc) but a 'means to an end' in getting rid of a Tory govt.

Voting Labour will get rid of a Tory government within the UK for 10 to 15 years max.

Getting independence by voting SNP will get rid of a Tory goverment in Scotland forever.

It's not a difficult decision.

Edited by lichtgilphead

Ah, but we keep hearing 'get Independence and then vote in whoever you like'.

The idea that a Tory govt is 'gone from Scotland forever' doesn't entirely hold. Who knows what the picture might be in 15/20 years time..you could still have a Tory (or some other right wing party) in power. Or is that okay because they are 'our' Tories?

Don't disagree that an incoming Lab govt might be there for 10/15 years as well, but the Tories are genuinely damaged in England at the moment..it will take a whole for them to get back their support there 

42 minutes ago, Jedi said:

How are they doing on health?  Better than all the other parts of the UK.