When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Ross. said:

No. I know several people very well who have vocalised what I state above. They see the SNP as a means to an end and will leave the party as soon as independence is delivered.

Not the same as SNP MSPs splitting unless you know some of them.

Just now, kirkyblue2 said:

Not the same as SNP MSPs splitting unless you know some of them.

It's a fairly obvious logical conclusion.

If independence is delivered, the SNP have no reason to exist. They are, to all intents and purposes, a single issue party. If the MP's and MSP's do not split pose independence they will end up out of a job post haste as voters will vote elsewhere.

They will split as much out of self preservation as for ideological reasons.

It's patently clear that the yes campaign and snp membership is a broad church which after independence is delivered will see a significant drop in membership. They may form the the first post indy govt but there will clearly be plenty of other options for voters as time passes. Suggesting otherwise the the usual deliberately obtuse Yoon one party nation bullshit. Eta can hardly blame snp for other parties being incompetent. It's incumbent on other parties to up their game not the snp / Greens to give them a leg up.

I'd say the SNP should still exist post Indy. What if the previously unionist parties wanted to take Scotland back into union with the UK?

Ruk would be unlikely to want that til iscotland was performing well and in that instance where would scottish electoral will be for that to happen? How many people in roi are campaigning to rejoin uk?

5 minutes ago, kirkyblue2 said:

Ask your pals.

Or you could just stop being intentionally thick?

It's not a choice between an unending SNP hegemony and immediate disbandment of the party. Nobody knows what's going to happen in a hypothetical future. I'd find it hard to believe there wouldn't be some significant re-alignment of the party political landscape in Scotland after independence. Not immediately but 5 or 10 years down the line, probably. That would almost certainly include voters / members leaving the SNP and gravitating towards parties which align better with their views outside of the independence question.

18 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

I'd say the SNP should still exist post Indy. What if the previously unionist parties wanted to take Scotland back into union with the UK?

There would probably be something of a "Yes" alliance that would still vote together when it comes to that particular constitutional question. You'd also need another referendum.

13 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

It's not a choice between an unending SNP hegemony and immediate disbandment of the party. Nobody knows what's going to happen in a hypothetical future. I'd find it hard to believe there wouldn't be some significant re-alignment of the party political landscape in Scotland after independence. Not immediately but 5 or 10 years down the line, probably. That would almost certainly include voters / members leaving the SNP and gravitating towards parties which align better with their views outside of the independence question.

All of this with particular emphasis on the first line.

I reckon the SNP would 'disband' within the first five years though there might be an interesting debate about the brand.

15 minutes ago, dogmc said:

Ruk would be unlikely to want that til iscotland was performing well and in that instance where would scottish electoral will be for that to happen? How many people in roi are campaigning to rejoin uk?

How many countries in the world are campaigning to join the UK? It always staggers me that UK nationalists bleat about the EU being a dying union, when countries are visibly hoping to join it. The UK cannot say the same, though its politicians (when it suits them) try to portray it as a thriving union.

I recall Fluffy Mundell claiming that "if the UK union didn't exist, someone would invent it". Well someone did, and no one seems eager to join.

No. I know several people very well who have vocalised what I state above. They see the SNP as a means to an end and will leave the party as soon as independence is delivered.

Me basically

I will vote SNP every single time until independence happens. After that f**k knows who I'd vote for.

I'd also be perfectly happy if the Tories were in power in an independent Scotland. Because guess what, that's what Scotland would've voted for...!!!!!!!

It's not difficult.

Once it's done, it's done. There would have to be a referendum in the rUK to accept us back in too. And let's face it that's never happening.

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Me basically

I will vote SNP every single time until independence happens. After that f**k knows who I'd vote for.

I'd also be perfectly happy if the Tories were in power in an independent Scotland. Because guess what, that's what Scotland would've voted for...!!!!!!!

It's not difficult.

Imagine having a Tory government that was elected rather than imposed upon us.

37 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Doesn't take long for the insults to start. I'm trying to establish what I'm voting for and if I'm proving things difficult for you then best of luck for the campaign when the real questions start.