When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Hell of a convenient that. I'm sure there will be plenty trying to suspend it indefinitely as a mark of respect or some such shite.

london is under a terrorist attack ffs don't think anyone will be finding anything that is going on of any convenience no matter which side of the argument they are on . Ridiculous statement 

2 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

It's absolutely the right decision to suspend the parliment just now ffs . 

If it were some shite debate about forests or similar it would have kept going but the party leaders need the suspension so they can get the spin lines and get dressed up for the 6 o'clock news.

The suspension is a PR exercise all round.

Just now, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

If it were some shite debate about forests or similar it would have kept going but the party leaders need the suspension so they can get the spin lines and get dressed up for the 6 o'clock news.

The suspension is a PR exercise all round.

Mate the parliment in London has just been attacked by some lunatics . People are lying dying or injured in the streets , this is f**k all to do with a PR excercise. 

Just now, Forever_blueco said:

Mate the parliment in London has just been attacked by some lunatics . People are lying dying or injured in the streets , this is f**k all to do with a PR excercise. 

Playing Devil's Advocate, how exactly does suspending a debate in Edinburgh help those people, or in any way make the situation better?

It is definitely the right decision to suspend the parliament. Regardless of what they were debating or voting on, carrying on given the incident wouldn't be right and would just give those who already dislike it even more of a reason to show how much we don't care etc etc

It was right (imo) to suspend the debate. But the amount of hatred on Twitter just now because it wasn't done immediately (partly stirred up by Andrew neil), towards the snp in particular and Scots in general is unbelievable.

11 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Playing Devil's Advocate, how exactly does suspending a debate in Edinburgh help those people, or in any way make the situation better?

Well I am guessing basic security and knowledge of previous attacks (i.e sporadic attacks in different locations) in recent years would have been to close down any parliment building in the U.K. As a precaution to begin with .

Edited by Forever_blueco

Well I am guessing basic security and knowledge of previous attacks in recent years would have been to close down any parliment building in the U.K. As a precaution to begin with .

Apart from the Welsh one.

1 minute ago, Forever_blueco said:

Well I am guessing basic security and knowledge of previous attacks in recent years would have been to close down any parliment building in the U.K. As a precaution to begin with .

Thanks, but you've not answered my question at all.

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

Thanks, but you've not answered my question at all.

this would have been of no help to the injured or dying but I never said it would , I meant that surely this is what would be on the msps mind rather than the shite about spinning PR on the 6 o'clock news 

28 minutes ago, Rugster said:

The same people complaining about it being suspended argue the media and the unionist camp will deploy any line to make the independence campaign look bad so even from the tinfoil hat point of view this is absolutely the right decision.

Just now, NotThePars said:

The same people complaining about it being suspended argue the media and the unionist camp will deploy any line to make the independence campaign look bad so even from the tinfoil hat point of view this is absolutely the right decision.

I didn't say it wasn't the right decision.

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I didn't say it wasn't the right decision.

Just as forever blue didn't say it would help the people injured in London to suspend the parliament. He clearly was suggesting there could be a coordinated plan of action to hit Holyrood as well.

Edited by NotThePars