When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Can I apologise to H_B, AdLib and co, as much as I used to regard them as tedious b*****ds, they ain't a patch on McSpreader and they did offer something to the debate.

In all honesty I'll be fucking stunned if we don't bottle it. To quote a cliché, it's in our DNA to shite it at the prospect of having to do something, anything that could potentially improve our lives. Much of Renton's "it's shite being Scottish" rant is bang on tbh.

10 years from now the Welfare State will have been eviscerated, the NHS will probably be fucked and both human rights and workers rights will be binned.

And most "Proud Scots" will happily troop to the polls to make it happen.

This.
It really is shite being Scottish

1 hour ago, jupe1407 said:

In all honesty I'll be fucking stunned if we don't bottle it. To quote a cliché, it's in our DNA to shite it at the prospect of having to do something, anything that could potentially improve our lives. Much of Renton's "it's shite being Scottish" rant is bang on tbh.

10 years from now the Welfare State will have been eviscerated, the NHS will probably be fucked and both human rights and workers rights will be binned.

Nah don't worry mate Ad Lib said it'll be alright so I wouldn't worry.

This.
It really is shite being Scottish

We should fold if it's a no.

Depressing seeing the reaction to this call for a second referendum from Sturgeon after everything that's happened, some people still see us as a proud nation too. :lol:

Ewan McGregor called it right 20 year ago.

9 hours ago, welshbairn said:

What, you're Polish?

No, but I work with a couple of Polish lads and they're sound.....even if one can only speak about 10 words of English and the other keeps crashing the IT system ...but great guys and hard workers.

There's the possible argument for holding Indyref 2 a few years later.

Another NO vote just isn't worth thinking about.

We have the foreign EU nationals on our side and going by polls, a whole new batch of youngsters able to vote with potentially 3 out of every 4 voting for Independence.

That swings it in our favour right away, problems will be YES voters who don't want to be in the EU and folk who just can't be arsed with another referendum.

7 hours ago, ayrmad said:

Can I apologise to H_B, AdLib and co, as much as I used to regard them as tedious b*****ds, they ain't a patch on McSpreader and they did offer something to the debate.

Thats because  you twist what is being written to fit your own prejudice and don't analyse what's  actually being said.  You're not alone in doing that.

1 minute ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

We have the foreign EU nationals on our side and going by polls, a whole new batch of youngsters able to vote with potentially 3 out of every 4 voting for Independence.

That swings it in our favour right away, problems will be YES voters who don't want to be in the EU and folk who just can't be arsed with another referendum.

Yes, give it about 20 years and then , hopefully , most of those gobby, embarrassing ,deluded Scots with their chip on the shoulder inferiority complex  and false moral superiority will be dead and Scotland can offer an honest,  positive face to the world.

Yes, give it about 20 years and then , hopefully , most of those gobby, embarrassing ,deluded Scots with their chip on the shoulder inferiority complex  and false moral superiority will be dead and Scotland can offer an honest,  positive face to the world.

I'm hoping to still be here in 20 years :P.

46 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

Thats because  you twist what is being written to fit your own prejudice and don't analyse what's  actually being said.  You're not alone in doing that.

Given the demographic of the Yes vote, what are you suggesting?

55 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

The thing about Yes voters who object to the less controlling union of Europe will be interesting, as May and co desperately keep trying to say a Yes vote means being booted out and vetoed anyway.

1 hour ago, McSpreader said:

You... You're talking about yourself here, right?  Right?  What you've described is bob-on your average #proudscot Yoon.

Edited by Fide