When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

A wee bump....

I'm pissed off with David Mundell telling the toly party conference, yesterday, and Ruth Davidson today, that there is now no appetite for a second indyref in Scotland.

Anyone on here believe that the desire for independence is softening?

Is there anyone who, having voted Yes last time, would vote no next time?

Sorry to tell you that there is far less appetite for indy here in the Borders and calling a second indyref could result in a backlash against the snp.

There are plenty of SNP voters who voted SNP for the Westminster and Holyrood Govts but have no desire for independence. They voted SNP in the vain belief the SNP might actually fight for the interests of Scotland. Unfortunately they are a single issue party ill equipped for government.

The Thatcher hating generation are getting older now and starting to die off and younger voters will be looking for an alternative to the stagnation of SNP dominance. Theresa May will appeal to them as she has shown strong leadership so far. Younger voters also like the fact Ruthie is gay and open about it.

I predict the rise of Liberal  Conservatism in Scotland.

A wee bump....

I'm pissed off with David Mundell telling the toly party conference, yesterday, and Ruth Davidson today, that there is now no appetite for a second indyref in Scotland.

Anyone on here believe that the desire for independence is softening?

Is there anyone who, having voted Yes last time, would vote no next time?

It certainly isn't strengthened from the previous losing position.You can see the first subtle seeds of doubt and the desire of the "roasters" to rush to Indy2 now is indicative this.

It's tremendously funny seeing wee Ruthie strut around trying to convince everyone that they're cutting the SNP's support despite the only show in town increasing its vote from 2011, and the tories only truly benefitting from the utterly hilarious implosion of the Labour North British branch office.

These are good times for the SNP despite the laughable media coverage attempts to show otherwise. The Tories have peaked, Labour are absolutely rooked, and almost no one gives a single solitary f**k about the Lib Dems.

What a time to be alive.

Complacency as ever.Im sure Indy2 is on its way in this great "time to be alive".Anytime now..

45 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

It certainly isn't strengthened from the previous losing position.You can see the first subtle seeds of doubt and the desire of the "roasters" to rush to Indy2 now is indicative this.

"The first subtle seeds of doubt". It's like watching a man splashing around in the water as the Titanic sinks desperately hoping that's lights approaching on the horizon.

1 hour ago, McSpreader said:

Sorry to tell you that there is far less appetite for indy here in the Borders and calling a second indyref could result in a backlash against the snp.

Yes you sound really sorry to tell me that!

42 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

39 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Complacency as ever.Im sure Indy2 is on its way in this great "time to be alive".Anytime now..

I suspect, as the brexit people continue to f**k up the UK economy, the mood and the strength of feeling for Indy2 will increase dramatically. 

There may be a will for indyref 2 amongst some SNP supporters. Theres an increasing number of SNP MPs and MSPs who are making it known that there is no political will.

A 2nd indyref loss would be a serious blow to the SNP. They don't want one until the odds are stacked in their favour. They made the right noises to keep their more vocal supportes happy but those soundbites have now changed and less of the SNP MPs and MSPs are now talking up a 2nd vote in public.

Their big opportunity will be 2-3 years after Brexit. If things have gotten worse then theres a chance that the electorate may buy into independence. Until that happens? The SNP's record in toytown isnt going to sway any no voters. Nothing has actually changed for the majority of the electorate to sway a 2nd vote in the SNP's favour.

I suspect, as the brexit people continue to f**k up the UK economy, the mood and the strength of feeling for Indy2 will increase dramatically. 

Presumably you also write letters to Santa.Let them believe when their young...

There may be a will for indyref 2 amongst some SNP supporters. Theres an increasing number of SNP MPs and MSPs who are making it known that there is no political will.

A 2nd indyref loss would be a serious blow to the SNP. They don't want one until the odds are stacked in their favour. They made the right noises to keep their more vocal supportes happy but those soundbites have now changed and less of the SNP MPs and MSPs are now talking up a 2nd vote in public.

Their big opportunity will be 2-3 years after Brexit. If things have gotten worse then theres a chance that the electorate may buy into independence. Until that happens? The SNP's record in toytown isnt going to sway any no voters. Nothing has actually changed for the majority of the electorate to sway a 2nd vote in the SNP's favour.

Ive tried to point some of this out on numerous occasions.Im no YES voter as is obvious but if i was a more considered one i would see the fatal wishful thinking that goes on.

16 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

When you start declaring Scotland's national parliament as "toytown", you make the case for independence. What country blithely accepts a "toytown" Parliament? It does rather make regionalists look like anti-Scottish cringers.

I'd still like to hear from Yes (or No) voters who have changed their minds since Brexit.

If a YES voter comes on here and says they have changed to NO I'll be amazed !! If they do there will be of course an incoming shitstorm.

If the current Tory government continue with the same rhetoric that they have been pushing this week then it'll be sooner rather than later.

They put UKIP to shame in the right-wing nationalistic stakes and I think many people are finally seeing what a real nationalistic party actually looks like.

If the current Tory government continue with the same rhetoric that they have been pushing this week then it'll be sooner rather than later.

They put UKIP to shame in the right-wing nationalistic stakes and I think many people are finally seeing what a real nationalistic party actually looks like.

They might like it ,just like up here in Scotland..

No complacency whatsoever. It's a statement of fact. The Tories are feasting on the rotting corpse of Scottish Labour, no one gives a f**k about the Lib Dems and the SNP's vote increased from the previous Holyrood election.

Feel free to disprove any of that.

Incidentally I don't want Indyref2 until victory is a certainty, at least 3-5 years away, depending on just how vicious this Tory government are going to be.

There are plenty of SNP voters who voted SNP for the Westminster and Holyrood Govts but have no desire for independence. They voted SNP in the vain belief the SNP might actually fight for the interests of Scotland. Unfortunately they are a single issue party ill equipped for government.

The Thatcher hating generation are getting older now and starting to die off and younger voters will be looking for an alternative to the stagnation of SNP dominance. Theresa May will appeal to them as she has shown strong leadership so far. Younger voters also like the fact Ruthie is gay and open about it.

I predict the rise of Liberal  Conservatism in Scotland.

The borders.. obviously. It's the big cities mate... Glasgow will only go more independent minded. Do wake up...