When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Can someone explain to me how Angela Haggerty has gotten so far so quickly? She has no degree, only has an HND and was awfully pally with Phil McWhateverHisNameIs. Yet, at a time when journalism jobs are getting harder and harder to come by, she’s all of a sudden become a prominent commentator. How did that happen?

16 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Can someone explain to me how Angela Haggerty has gotten so far so quickly? She has no degree, only has an HND and was awfully pally with Phil McWhateverHisNameIs. Yet, at a time when journalism jobs are getting harder and harder to come by, she’s all of a sudden become a prominent commentator. How did that happen?

Sounds like a conspiracy.

There's a few more like her who made a career out of the independence referendum.

There's a few more like her who made a career out of the independence referendum.

Aye there were loads of people who were just in the right place at the right time. If I’d known it was that easy to get a gig I’d have sacked my studying and got more actively involved in the campaign.

The Tory stooge admitting on Politica Scotland that Scottish government is welcome to do what Wales did, bend over, and take a British length up the shitter. Nice to know the “negotiation” chat is pure flannel.  Even Brewer noted that the admission was “revealing”: it’s Wales or nothing for Scotchland and its pretendy Parliament.

3 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Aye there were loads of people who were just in the right place at the right time. If I’d known it was that easy to get a gig I’d have sacked my studying and got more actively involved in the campaign.

There must be other cause celebre out there you can hitch your wagon to?

There must be other cause celebre out there you can hitch your wagon to?

A couple of my gf’s mates went to fight in Rojava. Wonder what the weather’s like over in Afrin at this time of year?

13 minutes ago, doulikefish said:
3 hours ago, Antlion said:
Anyone know who the c**t is who prances about Westminster vaping and wearing a giant EU flag?

Glen Minter is my guess

That would be a slightly-crusty Union Jack, surely?

This we snippet has been seriously under reported by the Scottish press. Huvnae seen it on BBC distorting Scotland certainly.

https://fraserofallander.org/scottish-economy/gross-national-income-statistics-for-scotland-a-net-outflow-of-scottish-income/

This report is from a centre right think tank has always appeared sceptical towards independence.

The gap between GDP and GNI is roughly 9 billion a year.

Scotland is producing 9 billion a year more than is actually  being spent by people in Scotland ( ie you and me.), or on indeed on the people of Scotland

9 billion pound!!!!..........a year.

How the f@ck do they steal and hide 9 billion...

6 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

This we snippet has been seriously under reported by the Scottish press. Huvnae seen it on BBC distorting Scotland certainly.

https://fraserofallander.org/scottish-economy/gross-national-income-statistics-for-scotland-a-net-outflow-of-scottish-income/

This report is from a centre right think tank has always appeared sceptical towards independence.

The gap between GDP and GNI is roughly 9 billion a year.

Scotland is producing 9 billion a year more than is actually  being spent by people in Scotland ( ie you and me.), or on indeed on the people of Scotland

9 billion pound!!!!..........a year.

That'll be this deficit we're told makes the sensible choice to allow another country to keep running our economy for us.

4 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

That'll be this deficit we're told makes the sensible choice to allow another country to keep running our economy for us.

Indeed...the more of this stuff that eventually comes out, the more soft 2014 votes are turned.

........When Sturgeon asks for a referendum and is again told "now is not the time"......then that route is oot the windae........... gloves must come off....... it should be vote SNP at Holyrood for UDI.

47 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

The article seems to explain it well enough...

"First, given the importance of the Scottish financial industry to the economy we shouldn’t be surprised that there is a net outflow of income from Scotland. If a Scottish investment firm is successful, then the inflows of investor income that they bring in to Scotland and then turn into a profit should always be lower than outflows"

and...

"the predominance of company headquarters in London and the South East – and in particular, the loss of many Scottish headquarter firms in recent decades – has meant that a higher level of profits flow out of Scotland than has perhaps been the case in the past. Indeed, many of Scotland’s largest firms in major industries – not just oil and gas and financial services but petrochemicals, professional services and whisky – are owned outside of Scotland. So although the products or services may be made here in Scotland, the income doesn’t necessarily stay in Scotland."

7 hours ago, Lurkst said:

The article seems to explain it well enough...

"First, given the importance of the Scottish financial industry to the economy we shouldn’t be surprised that there is a net outflow of income from Scotland. If a Scottish investment firm is successful, then the inflows of investor income that they bring in to Scotland and then turn into a profit should always be lower than outflows"

and...

"the predominance of company headquarters in London and the South East – and in particular, the loss of many Scottish headquarter firms in recent decades – has meant that a higher level of profits flow out of Scotland than has perhaps been the case in the past. Indeed, many of Scotland’s largest firms in major industries – not just oil and gas and financial services but petrochemicals, professional services and whisky – are owned outside of Scotland. So although the products or services may be made here in Scotland, the income doesn’t necessarily stay in Scotland."

Yes it explains some of the possible mechanisms for this 9 billion gap.....but it in no way explains the figures.

With regards the first point, whilst Scotlands investment and financial industry is strong, returns on foriegn capital can only explain a small fraction of the 9 billion outflow. The figures are probably available on this and it would be  quantifiable for some individual or some ageny with the time and energy to collate.

With regards the second point...well where that wealth goes really is the great unknown.

This is no fault of the article as the economic data for such a breakdown  simply does not exist whilst Scotland is in union and without full fiscal control

What is clear from the GDP/GNI macro figures is that Scotland is a country that creates much more wealth than it spends.

2 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

What is clear from the GDP/GNI macro figures is that Scotland is a country that creates much more wealth than it spends.

I'm not sure this study looks at expenditure though, only income?   If that was the case you'd think the SNP etc. would be all over it.

6 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

Yes it explains some of the possible mechanisms for this 9 billion gap.....but it in no way explains the figures.

With regards the first point, whilst Scotlands investment and financial industry is strong, returns on foriegn capital can only explain a small fraction of the 9 billion outflow. The figures are probably available on this and it would be  quantifiable for some individual or some ageny with the time and energy to collate.

With regards the second point...well where that wealth goes really is the great unknown.

This is no fault of the article as the economic data for such a breakdown  simply does not exist whilst Scotland is in union and without full fiscal control

Your statement regarding the first part is equally applicable to the second part - "The figures are probably available on this and it would be  quantifiable for some individual or some agency with the time and energy to collate.", being in or out of a union doesn't make the analysis of the difference any different GNI is based on ownership, GDP on location.