When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

48 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

FB_IMG_1566424510343.jpg

In fairness normally when faced with a choice between a brain dead ex footballers back of a fag packet calculations on the economy, or the Scottish Finance Secretary Derek MacKay analysis of Scotlands fiscal situation I too would come down on the side of the ex footballer so I can see where you are coming from with this post. But some other people - you know, like proper experts - seem to be in agreement with the figures Derek MacKay is saying are accurate. 

I think I'll hold off until Lewis Capaldi gives us his verdict on Twitter. Surely his opinion will be definitive. 

27 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

All that GERS shows is that London syphons off money from the rest of the country.

How does it do that? Try this list:

Most interest is paid to London
Most profits are recorded in London
Most leasing is recorded in London
Credit card fees and bank charges are recorded in London
So too will insurance

That means there is a lot of income from elsewhere attributed (wrongly) to London

Ok, so what would be different if Scotland was independent? 

Would all those companies with Head Offices in London sell up and come north of the border? 

Will all the insurance companies move up here? 

What about the banks? 

If you are right how would an Independent Scotland break legally binding PFI contracts? 

Where are the costings for an Independent Scotland setting up new infrastructure to handle benefits and pension payments, to handle foreign aid, diplomacy, or defence? 

Edited by Malky3

41 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

It clearly touched a nerve as you gave it a red dot. 

And your family not talking to you because you're a No voting, Tory fantasist will never not be funny.

thG0KM24IK.jpg.dda083c503f22588d402de6644839567.jpg

Have another one since it annoys you. 

21 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Have another one since it annoys you. 

Au contraire m9, a red dot from an utter fantasist like you is worth 20 greens. I'll wear it like a badge of honour.

If you give me another 8, it will match the amount of times you've dodged my question about your OBFA lies.

10 minutes ago, This time Perthshirebell said:

Are we still waiting on Malky to give is the proper figures.  \

Scotland - Barnett  and out the EU  v  A normal Scotland in the single market.     

If you love your family and cash in your account, Malky3 you could only vote Yes.   

It's a weird night I guess. Loads of financial experts posting away on Social Media telling us that the statisticians and economists in the office of the Chief Economic Adviser for the Scottish Government that created the GERs Report "huvnae goat a clue" so to some extent I can see where you are coming from when you ask me for "proper figures". Perthshirebell.  Can I assure you though, unlike the wee guy who collects in the trolleys at Asda Govan, or wee Rita at the Mcdonalds, I don't have them, I don't pretend to have them and I don't try to kid on that I might have them either. 

If you've got them feel free to show them. 

6 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Au contraire m9, a red dot from an utter fantasist like you is worth 20 greens. I'll wear it like a badge of honour.

If you give me another 8, it will match the amount of times you've dodged my question about your OBFA lies.

It's a deal, have another 8. 

2 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

It's a deal, have another 8. 

And yet, you've still not answered my question.

Is it any wonder that no one is taking you seriously ? Is this what happened when you and your family fell out ?

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

FB_IMG_1566424510343.jpg

Indeed...... these figures are so ludicrous, it could be comedy.......if they did not have such a serious impact.

There are people in Scotland who will swallow this bullshit. They think we are responsible for over 50% of the entire UK's deficit. They actually believe we have a "13 billion black hole in the budget." You just want to point and laugh, but that would be counterproductive.

Most folk thankfully are starting to see through this nonsense. Indeed the pure brassneckedness of the ONS to hand Scotgov these statistics likely does the independence movement a favour.

Now is the time for Scotgov to come clean on these figures, attack and disown them. They are....and always have been a farce. 

A seperate Scotgov ONS able to disentangle their pish, would be great. But the best statisticians in the world can only work with the statistics they have available. The statistics available in this case are hopelessly (and deliberately so) inept.

A large part of revenue raised is full of dodgy estimates and can never show an accurate return.

The multiplier effect of money transferral to place of central govt is in no way accounted for. (ie from Scotland to London and the SE)

There is no clear methodology showing how Scotland comes to be apportioned such a large share of whole UK deficit.

It does make you wonder though. Only a few short years ago, and for many years, under the same methodology Scotland showed a slight surplus. How much were we really in surplus?

36 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

There is no clear methodology showing how Scotland comes to be apportioned such a large share of whole UK deficit.

Yes there is. The methodology is all there in the report. 

Have you tried reading it? 

Edited by Malky3

5 hours ago, Malky3 said:

So it is. It was also a fascinating coincidence that the North Sea Oil prices (Scotlands biggest export) crashed immediately after the 2014 referendum and have never recovered to 2014 levels so perhaps there is at least some truth in the figures? 

On the plus side because we are in a political union with the rest of the UK these figures - whether you believe them or not - really don't matter in reality. Scotland can continue to spend more than it makes because thankfully the UK economy is diverse enough to deal with the fluctuations in the oil price. 

Norway raked in over £30,000,000,000 (billion) worth of tax revenues from their 'smaller than Scotland' oil fields last year.

How do you propose they achieved that?

24 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Norway raked in over £30,000,000,000 (billion) worth of tax revenues from their 'smaller than Scotland' oil fields last year.

How do you propose they achieved that?

Unsurprisingly I have no idea. I don't even know if your figure is accurate but if we assume that you aren't lying

- Perhaps they had greater extraction activity in their oil fields.

- Perhaps they had more readily accessible oil that could be extracted.

- Or perhaps they have more established oil wells whilst over here there is more exploration

Can you tell me though - how healthy is it for a countries economy to be so heavily reliant on a volatile market in exporting polluting hydro carbons?

9 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Unsurprisingly I have no idea. I don't even know if your figure is accurate but if we assume that you aren't lying

- Or perhaps they have more established oil wells whilst over here there is more exploration

Can you tell me though - how healthy is it for a countries economy to be so heavily reliant on a volatile market in exporting polluting hydro carbons?

30x greater extraction?

30x greater accessible oil that could be extracted (Despite numourous oil fields in Scotland being miraculously discovered after the 18th of September 2014)??

Why isn't the UK Government investing more in extracting oil from already pre-discovered oil wells estimated to procuce supplies for decades to come?

Why don't you ask Norway?

6 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

30x greater extraction?

30x greater accessible oil that could be extracted (Despite numourous oil fields in Scotland being miraculously discovered after the 18th of September 2014)??

Why isn't the UK Government investing more in extracting oil from already pre-discovered oil wells estimated to procuce supplies for decades to come?

Why don't you ask Norway?

1. Seemingly. Like I said I have no idea.

2. Well that would make sense. 

3. Dunno, perhaps because the oil price globally isn't great at the moment and flooding the market with even more oil would only lower the price. 

4. What is her phone number and I'll give it a try

Edited by Malky3

I really despair when some Scots & others exult over this “proof” that Scotland is a basket case. As many of us have pointed out, if that is so, then it doesn’t say much about 300 years of rule from Westminster.

But, it raises another point that those in other “regions” of the UK should be demanding answers to. How are “we” in the north (of England), or in Liverpool, or Cornwall or Wales or NI (thanks, Mrs M, for the recent bribe) doing? Where are our GERS? And what kind of government is it that has allowed the UK economy to become so unbalanced such that London & parts of the SE have become disproportionately wealthy while the rest have stagnated?

The troll tells us that he thinks that the graph above is explained by the drop in oil prices.
Here's a different version of the graph, which gives figures including oil and excluding oil. They look remarkably similar, especially over the period he specifically refers to..
Funny that.
Screenshot-2019-08-21-at-09.45.02-550x535.png&key=5411ce0f71aef4151b22a4b6bfc8f68777517def9cdc6f1ddaea232c5eabee9a
To be fair, that graph does show that oil price collapse is the reason for the deficit though.

The lines becoming closer is indicative of less oil receipts.

Very healthy by the looks of it seeing as Norway is the richest country in the world and shits all over the UK on every measure.

14 minutes ago, harry94 said:

To be fair, that graph does show that oil price collapse is the reason for the deficit though.

The lines becoming closer is indicative of less oil receipts.

No. The graph shows Scotland's alleged share of the overall UK deficit, not Scotland's alleged deficit figures.

Both lines increase at the same rate over the period the troll refers to, thus showing that Scotland's share of the deficit is not increasing due to the drop in oil prices.

Edited by lichtgilphead