When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Glenanover said:

He has not told any lies.

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

What part of this isn't a lie?

On 09/08/2019 at 16:51, Malky3 said:

I had hoped that in the modern Scotland we were making some progress towards eradicating sectarianism when in 2012 we saw the Offensive Behaviour at Football Act passed into law unopposed but by 2018 the SNP had repealed the Act 

2 hours ago, Glenanover said:

All of it.

If the mods can't get the banhammer out for this f**k wit spammer and walloper double act, then maybe @Colkitto could do the thread a kindness.

Just now, welshbairn said:

If the mods can't get the banhammer out for this f**k wit spammer and walloper double act, then maybe @Colkitto could do the thread a kindness.

Aye I can imagine you wanting your embarrassment deleted. Not one positive reason to vote for Scottish Independence has been put forward. What a shame! 

4 hours ago, Malky3 said:

Who are you going to sell it too? We can't even store it for our own use never mind sell it to someone else. 

If only there were some way of transmitting electricity along some kind of wires, maybe strung from big gantries or buried underground. We could make some kind of grid of them across the nation. We could even lay them under the sea, interconnecting ourselves with our neighbours?

Just now, Cyclizine said:

If only there were some way of transmitting electricity along some kind of wires, maybe strung from big gantries or buried underground. We could make some kind of grid of them across the nation. We could even lay them under the sea, interconnecting ourselves with our neighbours?

But what if Stricly isn't on in Norway when it's windy in Scotland? What's the point? Let's just jack it in.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

But what if Stricly isn't on in Norway when it's windy in Scotland? What's the point? Let's just jack it in.

You're probably right. Let's just give up now. Who wants renewable energy anyway?

17 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Aye I can imagine you wanting your embarrassment deleted. Not one positive reason to vote for Scottish Independence has been put forward. What a shame! 

On the other hand, courtesy of you a couple of Unionist myths have been exposed first hand, one invented entirely by yourself. Firstly your invention that an independent Scotland would have to make £13 Billion cuts, and secondly your lies about the OBAF Act. Both have been thoroughly and comprehensively trashed, so some good can come out of a sorry and humbling episode for you.

Edited by welshbairn

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

On the other hand, courtesy of you a couple of Unionist myths have been exposed first hand, one invented entirely by yourself. Firstly your invention that an independent Scotland would have to make £13 Billion cuts, and secondly your lies about the OBAF Act. Both have been thoroughly and comprehensively trashed, so some good can come out of a sorry and humbling episode for you.

Asking for posters to get banned. How sad you are.

And the £13 billion defecit has not been thoroughly and comprehensively trashed.

And my point proven yet again.

1 minute ago, Glenanover said:

Asking for posters to get banned. How sad you are.

And the £13 billion defecit has not been thoroughly and comprehensively trashed.

And my point proven yet again.

No word of the OBAF Act I see. You have no point.

1 minute ago, Glenanover said:

It is. You cannot even say the mans name correctly.

Sad.

If you're not Milky, you're his imaginary grandson. Which is way too weird for me, way beyond the proven fact that you have no concept of truth and falsehood, rendering debate redundant. So I'm out.

1 hour ago, Malky3 said:

The whole nationalist movement has a real problem because it has to convert voters like me from Never to Yes.

Erm, it actually doesn't pal. Yes requires 50% +1. 

'Never' voters like you will never be convinced, the clue is in the word never. The Yes campaign will fight the next referendum knowing that they have no hope of convincing folk like you. The Soft No's and the Don't Knows are already drifting to Yes, they will be the target, and they will get us over the line.

2 hours ago, Malky3 said:

Scottish Independence won't happen in my lifetime.

Genuinely sorry to hear you've not got long left. 

Perhaps, instead of wasting time and energy trying to delay the inevitable, you could work with the rest of us to help Scotland reach it's potential and create a better society for future generations before you leave us.

Hope you manage to patch things up with your family before you go x

Why would I give up? I've still not had an answer. What services would Nationalists like to see cut in a new Independent Scotland to balance the books? Where would £13Bn of savings come from? And how will putting a hard border between Scotland and England help in achieving fiscal stability? 
I'd like to see taxes cut to encourage investment in Scotland as opposed to rUK/EU. The end result would be more revenue raised and lower benefits given out.

10 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
15 hours ago, Malky3 said:
Why would I give up? I've still not had an answer. What services would Nationalists like to see cut in a new Independent Scotland to balance the books? Where would £13Bn of savings come from? And how will putting a hard border between Scotland and England help in achieving fiscal stability? 

I'd like to see taxes cut to encourage investment in Scotland as opposed to rUK/EU. The end result would be more revenue raised and lower benefits given out.

Thank you. I don't want Scottish Independence at all but if we were to go down that route lower taxes, particularly lower corporation tax, would make a great deal of sense. After all its a tactic that has served Ireland well in recent years. 

One problem with that though is the proposal of keeping an Independent Scotland in the EU. The reason for this is in January 2019 the EU moved towards QMV. A system that will lead to, amongst other things, a unified tax policy across the EU. 

https://euobserver.com/opinion/144023