When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Malky3 said:

I've done that already and was met with torrents of abuse and calls for me to be banned by the Scottish Nationalist extremists on this site. 

My head hasn't gone at all BTW. Still here, still calm, and still asking Scottish Nationalists what they would cut to ensure the books balance after Independence. 

Is there any reason, given its abundance of natural resources, why an independent Scotland, shouldn't be at least, as prosperous as Ireland?

Edited by ICTJohnboy

12 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Is there any reason, given their abundance of natural resources, why an independent Scotland, shouldn't be at least, as prosperous as Ireland?

Ireland? The country that needed a 64Bn bail out just 9 years ago and which has had to pay the UK Government £523m interest on the £3.2Bn loan we gave them to help them out. Is that the standard you want Scotland to achieve? A place where unemployment stands at 5.3% (Sept 2019) as opposed to in the UK 3.8% in the UK (July 2019)? A country with the third highest debt per capita in the world? A debt that equates to nearly €90,000 for every worker in the economy? 

Aye I'm sure that if Scotland ever became Independent we'd be able to match, and possibly even surpass the Irish in the race to the bottom. 

26 minutes ago, JMDP said:

Your skull has departed your shoulders. 

People don't respond because you hold no credibility, your arguments are laced with lies, deflection and leading questions based on facts that hold no water.

You've utterly humiliated yourself in here. Probably the worst politics takes since the dearly departed H_B. My favourite part was you using the excuse for not backing up your points was that people would TL:DR you.

And yet you've responded......yet again. 

12 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

The change in font size half way through the post absolutely screams out 'cut and paste'.

Uh-huh! 

Do you think I have those figures in my head? As always I am referencing which is always better than the bulshit figures and opinions you come away with

Edited by Malky3

5 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Uh-huh! 

Do you think I have those figures in my head? As always I am referencing which is always better than the bulshit figures and opinions you come away with

Please provide examples of my 'bullshit figures'.

And, on the subject of 'bullshit opinions', do tell us more about the OBFA.

48 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Ireland? The country that needed a 64Bn bail out just 9 years ago and which has had to pay the UK Government £523m interest on the £3.2Bn loan we gave them to help them out. Is that the standard you want Scotland to achieve? A place where unemployment stands at 5.3% (Sept 2019) as opposed to in the UK 3.8% in the UK (July 2019)? A country with the third highest debt per capita in the world? A debt that equates to nearly €90,000 for every worker in the economy? 

Aye I'm sure that if Scotland ever became Independent we'd be able to match, and possibly even surpass the Irish in the race to the bottom. 

Once the Uk economy crashes after Brexit, who bails the Uk out?

1 hour ago, Malky3 said:

Just that I was in Dublin a few months ago, and enjoyed a very pleasant stay there, visiting several renowned pubs, restaurants and the usual tourist attractions. Met some great Irish guys all of whom were more than happy to be considered Irish first and foremost, but European second. The whole city had a feeling of affluence about it - no one seemed to be aware, or care, that their country was up to its eyes and ears in debt and ravaged with unemployment.

Sorry, but that's how I would like Scotland to be, and the less Johnson and Corbyn were to be seen on the TV news channels the happier I would be.

:)

1 minute ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Just that I was in Dublin a few months ago, and enjoyed a very pleasant stay there, visiting several renowned pubs, restaurants and the usual tourist attractions. Met some great Irish guys all of whom were more than happy to be considered Irish first and foremost, but European second. The whole city had a feeling of affluence about it - no one seemed to be aware, or care, that their country was up to its eyes and ears in debt and ravaged with unemployment.

Sorry, but that's how I would like Scotland to be, and the less Johnson and Corbyn were to be seen on the TV news channels the happier I would be.

:)

Ah I know what you mean. I spent last weekend staying in a well renowned hotel. It definitely had a feeling of affluence about it. I met some great people - not one of us mentioned politics, nationalism, debt or unemployment cause we were far too busy having a decent laugh. I didn't turn the TV on, cause I had better things to do, and didn't see Johnson, Corbyn or Sturgeon once. 

Amazingly that fun was had right here in Scotland, on the Ayrshire coast. I know you find it hard to believe but politics - especially Scottish Nationalist politics - doesn't dominate all our lives you know......:rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Amazingly that fun was had right here in Scotland, on the Ayrshire coast. I know you find it hard to believe but politics - especially Scottish Nationalist politics - doesn't dominate all our lives you know......:rolleyes:

Fucking hell, wouldn't it be fair to suggest it dominates yours?

44 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Politics. But would you want to talk about football right now if you were a St Mirren fan? 

I will admit I lost interest in St Mirren after Big Jim Clunie left.

Love him, or hate him he was one of the game's great characters. Perhaps in an independent Scotland we will produce more of his ilk.

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I will admit I lost interest in St Mirren after Big Jim Clunie left.

Love him, or hate him he was one of the game's great characters

Aye well to this extent we can agree.

Seriously though, and in context, have a look around. How do you think a man like Clunie would get on in Scotland today? The modern Scotland doesn't look for winners, does it? These days the modern Scotland is more concerned about how we put a positive spin on our losses and football fans lap it up. So long as their bosses and players remember to thank the fans and to kiss the badge. It's much more important that they feel good and that their ego is massaged. 

Clunie was a gruff big b*****d! He told the press to f**k off, swore live on the radio, told fans to go f**k themselves when they jeered his team, and he told the Chairmans wife to "f**k off" when she asked him to cut the wage bill. Yet during his time at St Mirren he assembled by far the best squad of players in St Mirren's history, he delivered the clubs highest ever league finish, took St Mirren into Europe for the first time in the clubs history, and had a team that could stand toe to toe with Celtic, Rangers, Dundee United and Aberdeen, home and away, and match them in ability, character and fight. St Mirren sacked him you know, straight after beating Celtic 2-1 at Parkhead. Unforgivable really but more St Mirren fans seem to pine for the Fergie days, away day trips to Dundee and fights at Clydebank than they ever do for the clubs most successful manager. 

I see my politics in the same way. Forget the polish that The National like to put on the turd that is the Scottish Government. Forget the flag waving and face painting kids party for silly adults nonsense. And to hell with the man in a white beard promising gifts you can't afford for Christmas. I'm quite happy to have more of the same steady growth, low interest rates, low inflation and near full employment that we have had since David Cameron replaced Gordon Brown as Prime Minister. But then I appreciate when the going is good even if the leader looks and sounds a bit silly on the telly. 

1 hour ago, Malky3 said:

Seriously though, and in context, have a look around. How do you think a man like Clunie would get on in Scotland today? The modern Scotland doesn't look for winners, does it? These days the modern Scotland is more concerned about how we put a positive spin on our losses and football fans lap it up. So long as their bosses and players remember to thank the fans and to kiss the badge. It's much more important that they feel good and that their ego is massaged. 

Clunie was a gruff big b*****d! He told the press to f**k off, swore live on the radio, told fans to go f**k themselves when they jeered his team, and he told the Chairmans wife to "f**k off" when she asked him to cut the wage bill. Yet during his time at St Mirren he assembled by far the best squad of players in St Mirren's history, he delivered the clubs highest ever league finish, took St Mirren into Europe for the first time in the clubs history, and had a team that could stand toe to toe with Celtic, Rangers, Dundee United and Aberdeen, home and away, and match them in ability, character and fight. St Mirren sacked him you know, straight after beating Celtic 2-1 at Parkhead. Unforgivable really but more St Mirren fans seem to pine for the Fergie days, away day trips to Dundee and fights at Clydebank than they ever do for the clubs most successful manager. 

I see my politics in the same way. Forget the polish that The National like to put on the turd that is the Scottish Government. Forget the flag waving and face painting kids party for silly adults nonsense. And to hell with the man in a white beard promising gifts you can't afford for Christmas. I'm quite happy to have more of the same steady growth, low interest rates, low inflation and near full employment that we have had since David Cameron replaced Gordon Brown as Prime Minister. But then I appreciate when the going is good even if the leader looks and sounds a bit silly on the telly. 

Staying up to 4:30 in the morning to post this.

QLFMjQU.png

2 hours ago, Malky3 said:

Hahaha. You are a riot.

2 hours ago, Malky3 said:

Image result for choose life gif