When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Flesh out those bones for us please. What exactly did who order and what exactly did they want ????

What I want to know is why the Scottish Government hired an adviser - Luke van Beek - to look into the situation at Fergusons and then chose to repeatedly ignore his advice for arbitration between the government quango and Fergusons to take the most expensive option -and the option that would cause the biggest delay in the completion of the ferries - of nationalisation?

Edited by Malky3

Oh now an Independent Scotland will be 'controlled' by the EU...haud the bus, an admission that an Independent Scotland WOULD be in the EU? (thought that was impossible).

SNP and Green votes still outweighed by all those fervent Unionists voted Con,Lab and Lib, yet 48% backed Brexit supporting parties and of course that is a mandate to shove through the deal.

Still return to the point, prior to the first Indy Ref, support was at 25% which of course rose by 20% during the campaign. This time round, might not be a 'majority' (yet), but a starting point pre-campaign (and Brexit unraveling) of 50%...

Just now, Jedi said:

Oh now an Independent Scotland will be 'controlled' by the EU...haud the bus, an admission that an Independent Scotland WOULD be in the EU? (thought that was impossible).

SNP and Green votes still outweighed by all those fervent Unionists voted Con,Lab and Lib, yet 48% backed Brexit supporting parties and of course that is a mandate to shove through the deal.

Still return to the point, prior to the first Indy Ref, support was at 25% which of course rose by 20% during the campaign. This time round, might not be a 'majority' (yet), but a starting point pre-campaign (and Brexit unraveling) of 50%...

I'm just following the SNP mantra. Scottish Independence would see Scottish Fiscal policy controlled by the Bank of England, and our laws being made for us by the EU. Scottish Independence will NEVER happen. 

And the 27 other countries which choose to be part of the EU (none of which have a majority in favour of leaving it, 'Fact Check' that..other than an insignificant island off its western coast), are 'controlled' by it as well?

Fiscal Policy controlled by the Bank of England...despite the plan for an Independent Scottish currency once the conditions permit. Why the Scottish economy would want to be harnessed to what will be a basket case economic model which is contracting by 7% on a good day in the long term, I'm not sure.

At no stage - apart from one single heavily weighted poll in August 2015 - has polling on Scottish Independence shown a majority of Scots in favour. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_on_Scottish_independence
I might be off my trolley and scattergunning, but it's clearly at an army that is in retreat. 
The SNP couldn't stop Boris - as they promised just two weeks ago, they haven't been able to stop Brexit, they won't get a second Independence Referendum, and they've got no chance of convincing the majority of Scots we'd be better off in an Independent Scotland controlled by the EU. 
Game over, goodbye! 

That’s not quite right.

Do you not remember the poll on the eve of the independence referendum that showed ‘Yes’ in front? Unfortunately for the Nats it wasn’t to be and they were given an absolute telt.

7 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

Do you not remember the poll on the eve of the independence referendum that showed ‘Yes’ in front? Unfortunately for the Nats it wasn’t to be and they were given an absolute telt.

Were you a member of the forum in 2014, mate?  It was absolutely delicious.  On the evening of 18th Sep we had "Me and my mrs, my maw, my gran and my entire family walked to the polling station together and all voted for FREEDOM"

Come Friday 19th Sep they all had long faces were all banging on about Rangers fans, Tories, Orangemen and auld c***s.

A delightful P&B episode.  One I hope will be repeated in about a decade.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Were you a member of the forum in 2014, mate?  It was absolutely delicious.  On the evening of 18th Sep we had "Me and my mrs, my maw, my gran and my entire family walked to the polling station together and all voted for FREEDOM"

Come Friday 19th Sep they all had long faces were all banging on about Rangers fans, Tories, Orangemen and auld c***s.

A delightful P&B episode.  One I hope will be repeated in about a decade.

And your face has been a gammony hue ever since.  Peculiar.

5 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

At least Hugh Gammony denied an empty-headed Natter scum hegemony.

'Mon the 55.

Gin goes in, hatred comes out. Genuinely, knock the drinking on the head for a bit. It doesn't seem to be healthy for you.