When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

In 2015 the SNP got 1,454,436 votes. Their best ever result in a Scottish General Election. It was notable that was an election held soon after Scotland had delivered a resounding NO to Scottish Independence the year before. Since then the SNP vote has fallen to 977,569 in the 2019 election. Momentum, whichever way you look at it, is away from Scottish Nationalism and Scottish Independence. 

It is true to some extent that the rise in support from the Conservatives comes from a transference of Unionist vote, but the total vote for Nationalist Parties remains stuck at around 45% - 46% of the total vote, and in terms of individual votes is considerably down on 5 years ago. 

You're getting the '17 & '19 elections confused Stu. :rolleyes:

That aside it's your comparison of GE results with to a potential second IndyRef that I am questioning -  Apples & Oranges! If/when there is a second IndyRef Yes will start from a far higher point than at the beginning of the first one so I maintain momentum is on our side.

Edited by btb

1 hour ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Well, we're not in the 1600s so fair to say it's not mercantile colonialism that Kincardine likes to point to. Neither is it the grab for land and mineral resources by the military (with slaughter) like America against the Native American population. Maybe it's a less obvious colonialism, one that convinces you that serfdom is your destiny and an inability to take control is your nature, a colonialism that convinces you that it's not possible to speak, not possible to act, not possible to exist. We saw the Westminster and the UK government do it last time, they'll do it again this time. Alister Jack is already using this language. Next up will be the PM refusing a referendum. 

Neo-colonialism?  

If, as expected, the London Government will not agree to a Section 30 order this week.
They will not recognize the mandate of the democratically elected Scottish parliament.
Would it be fair to say Unionism is now Colonialism?
Sturgeon should resign as FM and, assuming they can't get a new FM within 28 days, then an emergency Scottish election.

Guest Bob Mahelp

So let's see. 

The SNP accuse Westminster of causing a democratic deficit.....that Scotland's voice counts for nothing, and Scottish opinion is irrelevant. The uber-Yoons accuse the SNP of grievance politics and state that Scotland has an equal voice in the UK.

Pause for laughter.

Then along comes a right-wing Tory government and effectively rubber stamps and confirms everything that the SNP have said. 

These Unionists are mental. Governing Scotland by decree is manna from heaven for the SNP and the Yes movement, as our imperial governor and his like are surely about to find out in next year's Scottish elections.

The SNP are pishing themselves laughing.....all the way to independence. 

4 hours ago, Malky3 said:

I think this is really telling about the real reason as to why the SNP are desperately trying to revive an Independence argument. 

In 2019 the Scottish Parliament only passed four bills into law. That's it. That is the sum total of the work done by a Scottish Government that is quick to tell us everything in the UK is wrong.

https://www.parliament.scot/parliamentarybusiness/Bills/111325.aspx

There is a real credibility gap in the Scottish Parliament but haranguing Westminster about Brexit and about Indy Ref 2 seems to be doing a good job of hiding the fact that Sturgeon and Co have clearly ran out of ideas as to how to make Scotland a better place to live. 

It didn't take long to get back to the lies, did it Malky.

The Scottish Parliament passed 17 bills into law during 2019

Linky

Transport (Scotland) Act 2019    2019 asp 17    Acts of the Scottish Parliament
Children (Equal Protection from Assault) (Scotland) Act 2019    2019 asp 16    Acts of the Scottish Parliament
Climate Change (Emissions Reduction Targets) (Scotland) Act 2019    2019 asp 15    Acts of the Scottish Parliament
Management of Offenders (Scotland) Act 2019    2019 asp 14    Acts of the Scottish Parliament
Planning (Scotland) Act 2019    2019 asp 13    Acts of the Scottish Parliament
Census (Amendment) (Scotland) Act 2019    2019 asp 12    Acts of the Scottish Parliament
Human Tissue (Authorisation) (Scotland) Act 2019    2019 asp 11    Acts of the Scottish Parliament
Fuel Poverty (Targets, Definition and Strategy) (Scotland) Act 2019    2019 asp 10    Acts of the Scottish Parliament
South of Scotland Enterprise Act 2019    2019 asp 9    Acts of the Scottish Parliament
Vulnerable Witnesses (Criminal Evidence) (Scotland) Act 2019    2019 asp 8    Acts of the Scottish Parliament
Age of Criminal Responsibility (Scotland) Act 2019    2019 asp 7    Acts of the Scottish Parliament
Health and Care (Staffing) (Scotland) Act 2019    2019 asp 6    Acts of the Scottish Parliament
Hutchesons' Hospital Transfer and Dissolution (Scotland) Act 2019    2019 asp 5    Acts of the Scottish Parliament
Damages (Investment Returns and Periodical Payments) (Scotland) Act 2019    2019 asp 4    Acts of the Scottish Parliament
Budget (Scotland) Act 2019    2019 asp 3    Acts of the Scottish Parliament
Pow of Inchaffray Drainage Commission (Scotland) Act 2019    2019 asp 2    Acts of the Scottish Parliament
Scottish Crown Estate Act 2019    2019 asp 1    Acts of the Scottish Parliament

In comparison, during the same period, Westminster passed 31 acts, many of which don't even apply in Scotland

In addition, you've ignored the fact that the Scottish Parliament also passed 435 pieces of secondary legislation (regulations, orders etc) during 2019. Over the same period, Westminster passed 1409 (again, many of those have no relevance to Scotland)

Why do you persist in posting out-and-out lies?

So let's see. 
The SNP accuse Westminster of causing a democratic deficit.....that Scotland's voice counts for nothing, and Scottish opinion is irrelevant. The uber-Yoons accuse the SNP of grievance politics and state that Scotland has an equal voice in the UK.
Pause for laughter.
Then along comes a right-wing Tory government and effectively rubber stamps and confirms everything that the SNP have said. 
These Unionists are mental. Governing Scotland by decree is manna from heaven for the SNP and the Yes movement, as our imperial governor and his like are surely about to find out in next year's Scottish elections.
The SNP are pishing themselves laughing.....all the way to independence. 

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

1 hour ago, Mastermind said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

you're like some sort of shite cyborg that's programmed to make about 3 different kinds of post, and it's all you've been doing on here for several years now.

Not wanting to go all Andrew Wells but you're pretty much the most pointless poster on this website, which is quite a feat.

you're like some sort of shite cyborg that's programmed to make about 3 different kinds of post, and it's all you've been doing on here for several years now.
Not wanting to go all Andrew Wells but you're pretty much the most pointless poster on this website, which is quite a feat.

Cheers m8.

The cyborg minority Nats have also been bleating on for years about how independence is imminent, it really is quite the journey. Pointless really.

3 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

It didn't take long to get back to the lies, did it Malky.

The Scottish Parliament passed 17 bills into law during 2019

Linky

Transport (Scotland) Act 2019    2019 asp 17    Acts of the Scottish Parliament
Children (Equal Protection from Assault) (Scotland) Act 2019    2019 asp 16    Acts of the Scottish Parliament
Climate Change (Emissions Reduction Targets) (Scotland) Act 2019    2019 asp 15    Acts of the Scottish Parliament
Management of Offenders (Scotland) Act 2019    2019 asp 14    Acts of the Scottish Parliament
Planning (Scotland) Act 2019    2019 asp 13    Acts of the Scottish Parliament
Census (Amendment) (Scotland) Act 2019    2019 asp 12    Acts of the Scottish Parliament
Human Tissue (Authorisation) (Scotland) Act 2019    2019 asp 11    Acts of the Scottish Parliament
Fuel Poverty (Targets, Definition and Strategy) (Scotland) Act 2019    2019 asp 10    Acts of the Scottish Parliament
South of Scotland Enterprise Act 2019    2019 asp 9    Acts of the Scottish Parliament
Vulnerable Witnesses (Criminal Evidence) (Scotland) Act 2019    2019 asp 8    Acts of the Scottish Parliament
Age of Criminal Responsibility (Scotland) Act 2019    2019 asp 7    Acts of the Scottish Parliament
Health and Care (Staffing) (Scotland) Act 2019    2019 asp 6    Acts of the Scottish Parliament
Hutchesons' Hospital Transfer and Dissolution (Scotland) Act 2019    2019 asp 5    Acts of the Scottish Parliament
Damages (Investment Returns and Periodical Payments) (Scotland) Act 2019    2019 asp 4    Acts of the Scottish Parliament
Budget (Scotland) Act 2019    2019 asp 3    Acts of the Scottish Parliament
Pow of Inchaffray Drainage Commission (Scotland) Act 2019    2019 asp 2    Acts of the Scottish Parliament
Scottish Crown Estate Act 2019    2019 asp 1    Acts of the Scottish Parliament

In comparison, during the same period, Westminster passed 31 acts, many of which don't even apply in Scotland

In addition, you've ignored the fact that the Scottish Parliament also passed 435 pieces of secondary legislation (regulations, orders etc) during 2019. Over the same period, Westminster passed 1409 (again, many of those have no relevance to Scotland)

Why do you persist in posting out-and-out lies?

Hardly a lie. :rolleyes: You can see where I got my information from - The Scottish Parliament website. If it's wrong then it's the Scottish Parliament who has it wrong. But then the Scottish Parliament has never been a beacon of competence has it?  

Edited by Malky3

7 hours ago, btb said:

You're getting the '17 & '19 elections confused Stu. :rolleyes:

That aside it's your comparison of GE results with to a potential second IndyRef that I am questioning -  Apples & Oranges! If/when there is a second IndyRef Yes will start from a far higher point than at the beginning of the first one so I maintain momentum is on our side.

True - I did. However I didn't for the purpose of the percentage calculation. The SNP polled down 15% in 2019 on their 2015 results. Support is ebbing away. 

How do you know that any Indy Ref 2 would start from a far higher point? It could be 30 years till Indy Ref 2 by which time the UK economy will be one of the biggest, diverse and booming in the world, and Scots would have to be mentally deranged to back a government proposing we be financed by a failing oil dependent economy. 

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
9 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

I like going to Lake Garda and I think independence is the only way forward for the country. The two aren't incompatable. Going to places like Lake Garda aren't the preserve of the wealthy, for a start.

Seconded, as a Bardolino regular. Como and Maggiore are much more the preserve of the wealthy.

Oops, I've been those as well and I'm off to Lake Orta later this year. Maybe I am fabulously wealthy.

Edited by Baxter Parp

4 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Sturgeon should resign as FM and, assuming they can't get a new FM within 28 days, then an emergency Scottish election.

This might actually happen you know. 

What date is Alex Salmond due in court? 

Edited by Malky3

10 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Hardly a lie. :rolleyes: You can see where I got my information from - The Scottish Parliament website. If it's wrong then it's the Scottish Parliament who has it wrong. 

So you're suggeastng that 13 of the 17 statutes I've listed were not passed by the Scottish Parliament in 2019?

You're a liar, Malky. Full stop.

However, the Scottish Parliament website you refer to is maintained by the UK Civil Service. No wonder it's wrong.

3 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

So you're suggeastng that 13 of the 17 statutes I've listed were not passed by the Scottish Parliament in 2019?

You're a liar, Malky. Full stop.

However, the Scottish Parliament website you refer to is maintained by the UK Civil Service. No wonder it's wrong.

Oh dear - are you lying again? You are the biggest liar on here! 

Here's what the Scottish Parliament says about who administers the Parliament.scot website. 

The Scottish Parliament Web and Social Media Team:

• manages and develops the Parliament’s web services, including editorial responsibilities
  • manages access to and training in use of electronic resources
  • produces, edits and publishes material and current awareness services on the website and intranet
Edited by Malky3