William Hill Scottish Cup 2015-16 - Big Thread

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway, Clyde fans. Im from that area so shout if you need travel advice.

The club are based in a village called Pitmedden. Your best bet would be either to get a bus from Aberdeen (not a great service) or get train from Aberdeen to Inverurie then a taxi out to Pitmedden. Not a great ground to get to by public transport, its a wee village.

Hotel wise if making a weekend of it stay in Aberdeen.

Two decent wee pubs in the village though, both within 10 min walk of the ground.

Anyway, Clyde fans. Im from that area so shout if you need travel advice.

The club are based in a village called Pitmedden. Your best bet would be either to get a bus from Aberdeen (not a great service) or get train from Aberdeen to Inverurie then a taxi out to Pitmedden. Not a great ground to get to by public transport, its a wee village.

Hotel wise if making a weekend of it stay in Aberdeen.

Two decent wee pubs in the village though, both within 10 min walk of the ground.

I got the bus from Inverurie last time, easy enough. Worst bit was walking to the ground from the bus stop, no pavements, bit frightening when you're staggering inbetween the traffic.

id seen someone mention a lack of floodlights. I thought this was wrong or they wouldn't have been able to play in the play offs(?) so just thought I'd check

Nah, Brora's had lights for a long time. Decent day oot if you ask me :lol:

Ah, I see. No, the claim was something along the lines that Brora would deliberately mutilate or otherwise downgrade their own floodlights, so as to fail the licensing criteria for SPFL1/2 :lol: (which is 300 lux compared with 200 lux outwith SPFL). In reality I think they have actually been upgrading them.

All clubs in HL are lit as are most in LL. In EOSL and SOSL it's about 50/50 - Lothian Thistle one of those with them. Rarer in Juniors, partly due to the 'ban'.

FAO Mo fans- Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale play at the Edinburgh Council owned Saughton Enclosure.

This is in the West of Edinburgh near to Murrayfield and Tynecastle. In fact you can get off at Balgreen Tram stop and walk there, making it probably the only ground in Scotland you can get to by tram!

The pitch is surrounded by an athletics track and has no cover unless you like sheltering under trees.. Refreshments are usually provided by vending machines in the dressing room complex although there was a burger van there when we played them last.

LTHV had a good result against Kelty in the last round and it isn't an easy match for the Gable Endies.

Ah, I see. No, the claim was something along the lines that Brora would deliberately mutilate or otherwise downgrade their own floodlights, so as to fail the licensing criteria for SPFL1/2 :lol: (which is 300 lux compared with 200 lux outwith SPFL). In reality I think they have actually been upgrading them.

All clubs in HL are lit as are most in LL. In EOSL and SOSL it's about 50/50 - Lothian Thistle one of those with them. Rarer in Juniors, partly due to the 'ban'.

I thought they would have had to upgrade them for the SPFL so they could avoid promotion by not doing so?

FAO Mo fans- Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale play at the Edinburgh Council owned Saughton Enclosure.

This is in the West of Edinburgh near to Murrayfield and Tynecastle. In fact you can get off at Balgreen Tram stop and walk there, making it probably the only ground in Scotland you can get to by tram!

The pitch is surrounded by an athletics track and has no cover unless you like sheltering under trees.. Refreshments are usually provided by vending machines in the dressing room complex although there was a burger van there when we played them last.

LTHV had a good result against Kelty in the last round and it isn't an easy match for the Gable Endies.

No game is an easy match for us. I doubt the management will allow any complacency from the team.

Thanks for the info.

After a run of years where we only seemed to get Montrose, it's been good to visit Gala, Spartans, Turriff and Nairn I'm recent years, with mixed results. Should be a tough game.

As David says, we've drawn some decent Lower/Highland League teams in the past few years and have always been promised a potential banana skin tie, but we've had a decent bit of success. They are looking quite strong in the HL this season, but as I recall, so we're Turriff last year and we swept them aside with relative ease. Brora the year before (?) that as well.

From a day out perspective, it should be a belter. Train prices are quite steep so hoping we can scrape enough numbers together and get a bus booked.

Archived