William Hill Scottish Cup 2015-16 - Big Thread

Yip, beating one of the poorest HL sides is excellent. Your comment on the mighty Talbot result against a made-up team is keenly awaited. You do set yourself up, my man.

Clach - Linlithgow was close in the first half and only the last half hour that Linlithgow pulled away. I think if Clach had the two injured strikers available they would have been capable of winning that game. Linlithgow certainly deserving winners though and played some nice football at times, their third goal was a cracker.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well noticed sir al comment on my club as and when on appropriate thread :D Remind us yer definitions of Cumbernauld Colts from other threads :D

They are a club of convenience.

Only proper clubs of a certain stature should have been allowed in.

I stand by that no matter 1 result.

The Highland League teams did well today. P8 W4 D2 (although 1 involved 2 HL sides) L2. And a postponed game involving 2 more HL sides to be played, so at least 6 Highland league teams in the next round. (Plus Elgin!).

Lowland League not so impressive P7 W1 D2 L4.

Clach - Linlithgow was close in the first half and only the last half hour that Linlithgow pulled away. I think if Clach had the two injured strikers available they would have been capable of winning that game. Linlithgow certainly deserving winners though and played some nice football at times, their third goal was a cracker.

Man for man I thought Clach were ok but just punting the ball up miles away from Blair on his own was never going to accomplish much, we were deservedly beaten by a much more organized and confident side. Having Morrison and McLennan back from work commitments and injury could have made a big difference. Great turnout from the Lithgae boys, very poor from Clach I thought.

Given the exponential rate at which Auchinleck are being turned over by diddier and diddier teams, it seems conclusive that the Lowland League is a higher level than the Juniors despite running only a few years. The Juniors missed their opportunity to get involved in the national leagues when they could have contributed through their arrogance - now they can't even match the newcomers. Which is marvellous.

Given the exponential rate at which Auchinleck are being turned over by diddier and diddier teams, it seems conclusive that the Lowland League is a higher level than the Juniors despite running only a few years. The Juniors missed their opportunity to get involved in the national leagues when they could have contributed through their arrogance - now they can't even match the newcomers. Which is marvellous.

^^^^^Trying to pretend he's intelligent and failing miserably.

As I said fluke resuts happen.

I wasn't at Fortmartine game either but I can still describe it as a fluke result.

Was your incorrect spelling of Formartine a fluke too?

Clyde lost to Nairn too a couple of years ago so they've been the victim of two once-in-a-hundred-year results in this decade. Careless that.

As I said fluke resuts happen.

I wasn't at Formartine game either but I can still describe it as a fluke result.

How the fcuk can you say a result was a fluke without seeing the game, or even reading a report of it?

P.S. I've kindly corrected your spelling of the team you clearly have no knowledge of.

Man for man I thought Clach were ok but just punting the ball up miles away from Blair on his own was never going to accomplish much, we were deservedly beaten by a much more organized and confident side. Having Morrison and McLennan back from work commitments and injury could have made a big difference. Great turnout from the Lithgae boys, very poor from Clach I thought.

Yeah I was a wee bit surprised by the Clach turnout, was expecting that it being the Scottish Cup would bring in a few more. Certainly has in the past. Perhaps ICT being at home and the shinty hurling international at the Bught took a few potential fans away.

MacLennan is a big miss, on the occasions I have seen Clach lately he has been by far and away the biggest (at times only) threat in attack, although it would help if he didn't try to do it all by himself. That's the way he plays shinty as well :lol: . To be fair Blair Lawrie did well today in attack, took the goal very well and denied by a great save from the free kick. Particularly impressive given he was having to work on long punts from the back.

Archived