Darwins's Law - Selfie Stick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 29/10/2019 at 14:39, MixuFixit said:

After starting forest fires and other shenanigans we now have the world's first death at a gender reveal party.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/oct/29/homemade-pipe-bomb-caused-accidental-death-at-gender-reveal-party

:lol: Fucking idiots. 

I have two mates whose partners fell pregnant for the first time within a week of each other. Both of them had gender reveal parties recently and it turned out both of them are having girls. One of their partners posted the video of their gender reveal online and it wouldn't take a body language expert to work out that he was gutted when the pink confetti burst out the balloon. When I asked my other mate how he felt he said he was "fucking devastated" and felt as if his life was ruined :lol:

I just assumed a "gender reveal" party would be for trans folk announcing their switchover.

Presumably lassies wanting a party for finding out their baby's sex will also be expecting a baby shower too.

6 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Presumably lassies wanting a party for finding out their baby's sex will also be expecting a baby shower too.

This whole thing came up in conversation recently as we have not long found out she is up the duff. Finding out what it is in a couple of weeks. Every c**t else can find out if and when they ask us after that point. The concept of a baby shower can get in the fucking sea as well. If you really want to buy the wean something, wait until the little c**t falls out of her and get it something half useful then.

FWIW, I actually cannot wait to be a father and I am incredibly excited by the whole thing, even if my language suggests something altogether fucking different.

Edited by Ross.

Do you not think if it was the former that the previous gender might be a wee but of a clue? [emoji38]
I wasn't thinking it's be, "hey, Doug's reassessed his gender alignment! What will it be?" [emoji1]

More of a coming-out kind of thing. Hey folks, I'm actually a lassie, and I'd appreciate being called Semolina from now on, thanks. Bound to be something some folk do.

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I wasn't thinking it's be, "hey, Doug's reassessed his gender alignment! What will it be?" emoji1.png

More of a coming-out kind of thing. Hey folks, I'm actually a lassie, and I'd appreciate being called Semolina from now on, thanks. Bound to be something some folk do.

My nephew-in-law, if that is a thing, arranged a get together for family a few years back. When everyone was in the room he announced that he was gay, only to be greeted with an anti-climatic, "Yes, we know".  Poor boy must have been apprehensive about coming out for ages only to find out that his family had known for a long time but hadn't deemed it necessary to mention it. 

6 hours ago, Ross. said:

This whole thing came up in conversation recently as we have not long found out she is up the duff. Finding out what it is in a couple of weeks. Every c**t else can find out if and when they ask us after that point. The concept of a baby shower can get in the fucking sea as well. If you really want to buy the wean something, wait until the little c**t falls out of her and get it something half useful then.

FWIW, I actually cannot wait to be a father and I am incredibly excited by the whole thing, even if my language suggests something altogether fucking different.

Thing about baby showers is, what happens if something, sadly goes wrong?
You’ve then got a room of presents to deal with.

I never had any gender reveal/baby shower type things, partly cause I’m not really a people person with loads mates to organise it! 
good for the likes on social media though!

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

My nephew-in-law, if that is a thing, arranged a get together for family a few years back. When everyone was in the room he announced that he was gay, only to be greeted with an anti-climatic, "Yes, we know".  Poor boy must have been apprehensive about coming out for ages only to find out that his family had known for a long time but hadn't deemed it necessary to mention it. 

Years ago, one of the wife's friends did a coming out tour round everyone she knew, including us. She seemed really nervous about how the wife would react.

...which is a bit odd, considering that she'd tried to get my missus into bed before I got together with her, and asked me for tips on how to get into my ex's pants  :huh:

35 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Years ago, one of the wife's friends did a coming out tour round everyone she knew, including us. She seemed really nervous about how the wife would react.

...which is a bit odd, considering that she'd tried to get my missus into bed before I got together with her, and asked me for tips on how to get into my ex's pants  :huh:

Abd you didn’t encourage threesomes??

1 minute ago, RH33 said:

Abd you didn’t encourage threesomes??

The wife don't play that shit. I may have married the only exclusively heterosexual woman in Arizona, judging how most of her friends have gone.

Apparently my ex wasn't so choosy.