The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

On 15/04/2018 at 22:46, Loonytoons said:
On 14/04/2018 at 12:22, DA Baracus said:
That's how they all think though. They genuinely believe that fans of other teams have Celtic or Sevco as their 'big team'.

I've also heard the phrase that Partick Thistle is everyones favourite second team. Same mind set.

It's a long standing staple of the crap BBC 'Scotland' comes out with.

5 hours ago, Mr Heliums said:

An odd piece on the BBC about Hearts signing Steven MacLean 'despite his problems with injuries this season' and then goes on to mention he's played 30 times. He's our only striker who's remained injury free all year.

There is a slight/good chance Levein means before McLean wants a transfer from sitting on the bench gagging for a game.

3 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

There is a slight/good chance Levein means before McLean wants a transfer from sitting on the bench gagging for a game.

It's not a quote though. It's what the BBC journalist wrote. And it's wrong.

1 minute ago, Mr Heliums said:

It's not a quote though. It's what the BBC journalist wrote. And it's wrong.

Do excuse, Quotation marks eh? I had assumed that Levein had made all the comments but then again the fucking SMSM make up most things anyway.

I'm sure I heard Jim Spence coughing into his mic like he always does on open all mics, confusingly also he seems to have got lost on his way to Inverness and ended up at East End Park for today's match and still managed to watch the game according to the BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43763116

22 hours ago, hellbhoy said:

Do excuse, Quotation marks eh? I had assumed that Levein had made all the comments but then again the fucking SMSM make up most things anyway.

The dreaded smsm at it again, eh....

You just stick to Philip MacThingy, he never gets it wrong.

Not sure where this falls but I just saw a YouTube video on Copa 90 with a clickbaity title claiming a) Scottish Football is dying and b) it's Celtic's fault.

Special guest appearance from our friend and overlord @Div who stood up for the Scottish game admirably!

23 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Not sure where this falls but I just saw a YouTube video on Copa 90 with a clickbaity title claiming a) Scottish Football is dying and b) it's Celtic's fault.

Special guest appearance from our friend and overlord @Div who stood up for the Scottish game admirably!

Div is turning into.....

CharlesMontgomeryBurns.jpg?w=280&h=210&f

1 minute ago, Pie Of The Month said:

The title is clickbait but I don't really see what's wrong with the content of the video that puts it in this thread.

It's fucking garbage. "English lad comes to Scotland" is a better name.

2 minutes ago, HaikuHibee said:

It's fucking garbage. "English lad comes to Scotland" is a better name.

And asks leading questions in order to get someone to deliver the answer he wants to hear.  

Scottish Football is healthier than it has been in a long time, even with Celtic winning the title every year.

10 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

The only English person in the entire video is a voiceover at the start, the interviewer is quite clearly Scottish.

Who is it pitched to? And what purpose does it serve? It's just utter crap.

11 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

And asks leading questions in order to get someone to deliver the answer he wants to hear.  

Scottish Football is healthier than it has been in a long time, even with Celtic winning the title every year.

Completely agree. Complete and utter drivel. Contibutes nothing.

Edited by HaikuHibee

1 minute ago, HaikuHibee said:

At least our fearless leader stood up for Scottish Football!

1 minute ago, HaikuHibee said:

It's pitched at Copa90's 1.5m youtube subscribers from all over the world. You obviously dived right in here with the English looking down on Scotland angle when it was a Scottish woman who produced it, it's OK we can move on if you want?