The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

6 minutes ago, yehyehyeh said:

Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 09.27.38.jpg

I assume we'll get numerous articles about how Brown deserves a ban for lunging in late, from behind, nowhere near the ball

10 minutes ago, yehyehyeh said:

The only person not looking at the ball in that photo is the Dundee player, he should be booked for not participating while the ball is still in play.

1 shot of photo tells nothing,  That's what I'm trying to tell the wife.

6 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Seen this belter from Jim Craig in the record this morning. 

Mon the celtic tomorrow (according to him) :blink:Snapchat-1113984351.thumb.jpg.84d6eaf881b234701bb8a07babbf7c78.jpg

That's how they all think though. They genuinely believe that fans of other teams have Celtic or Sevco as their 'big team'.

2 hours ago, C. Muir said:

Seen this belter from Jim Craig in the record this morning. 

Mon the celtic tomorrow (according to him) :blink:Snapchat-1113984351.thumb.jpg.84d6eaf881b234701bb8a07babbf7c78.jpg

The fact they have a "teaser" question with the answer printed in the exact same place, probably hints at the intellect of reader he's trying to attract. 

43 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

I’d have thought Jim Craig was a bit more educated than that.
He’s always came across as a good guy.

It reads – to me – like a lot of intro filler written by a journalist. I don't expect Jim Craig really spends his retirement trawling the internet looking for the top derbies in world football. Daily Record journalists on the other hand …

On SSN tonight, they have a nice sidebar previewing May 19th's Scottish Cup Final.  It's got Celtic's badge alongside Motherwell's.  Just a shame that the written bit says 'Celtic v Rangers'.

Does SSN count as journalism?

I don’t have Sky these days but I’ve always just thought it’s a glorified advert for what’s on sky sports

In one Tweet, everything that is wrong with the Scottish football media.

If Aberdeen had lost to Celtic, little would have been said about it. Ditto Hibs. Or Hearts. Or any other team in the top flight.

But the media just can't see past Celtic and "Rangers".  Unless they're on an equal footing, with the title decided by the games between them, there's some kind of "crisis" that must be given airtime. There's a complete unwillingness to accept that "Rangers" are just a run-of-the-mill top 6 side.