The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

Rather than continuing to whinge about unfairness and his personal agenda against Doncaster, how about you show some humility Tom , apologise and / or extend the olive branch to those you queried, challenged and verbally assaulted only to be proven spectacularly wrong ? 

No chance - ego to match Levein’s and similar success in their “careers.” Definitely yesterday’s news - beeb shown up as third rate hack by his one dimensional and repetitive “ thinking” throughout this. Embarrassment to a once noble profession. 

19 minutes ago, Cardiff Hibs said:

Rather than continuing to whinge about unfairness and his personal agenda against Doncaster, how about you show some humility Tom , apologise and / or extend the olive branch to those you queried, challenged and verbally assaulted only to be proven spectacularly wrong ? 

No chance - ego to match Levein’s and similar success in their “careers.” Definitely yesterday’s news - beeb shown up as third rate hack by his one dimensional and repetitive “ thinking” throughout this. Embarrassment to a once noble profession. 

Listened to yesterday's podcast and sometimes the silences were very telling, when the RR chairman was asked about the 28 days deadline.  He replied I would hope that every single club chairman or club secretary knows that all company resolution vote has a 28 day time limit. There was a few seconds of dead air, you know that in some of the heads they are trying to spin it another way. 

I really would have liked yesterday if one of them had asked Levein, if he feels any responsibility to the mess Hearts got themselves into. 

1 hour ago, buddie06smfc said:

BBC lists St Johnstone’s main attacking threat as a Jason O’Halloran for this season:

IMG_2731.jpg

Either a motorcyclist or a rugby union coach. Could be the same Jason O’Halloran doing all 3 sports.

That just takes the Michael. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53298175

This cringeworthy article is presumably aimed at English football fans for something to watch during the PL shutdown.

The problem is it doesn't appear anywhere on the main bbc sport football page and I can only see it in the Scottish football section, so it will only be read by miserable scots like me shaking my head at the tragic nature of it.

This cringeworthy article is presumably aimed at English football fans for something to watch during the PL shutdown.
The problem is it doesn't appear anywhere on the main bbc sport football page and I can only see it in the Scottish football section, so it will only be read by miserable scots like me shaking my head at the tragic nature of it.
Tragic is the right word. What a load of patronising, condescending shite.

18 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

That was painful. The "it's off the scale daft" line had my arsehole like a decimal point.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
24 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Tragic is the right word. What a load of patronising, condescending shite.

Good to know BBC Scotland want to sell us as the novelty, comedy act of football to the rest of the UK.

Started clicking around from that brutal article and read this from English, https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52707152, on 19th May allegedly.  I mustn't have bothered first time round.

"So they'll praise the Lord for dismal Hearts, the most expensive basket case since Elton John ordered a hamper of champagne and roses. It would be hard to catalogue all the failings throughout the season without crashing this website, but from Craig Levein to Austin MacPhee to Jon Daly, from Donis Avdijaj to Loic Damour, from Marcel Langer to Glenn Whelan and onwards to the appointment of Daniel Stendel, it's been one huge misstep after another. Everything has turned to dust for the one-time queen of Hearts, Ann Budge."

To be fair, that's pretty super.  I'm wondering how he went from this to having his tongue in her arse as his default position.

39 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

team america vomit GIF

14 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Good to know BBC Scotland want to sell us as the novelty, comedy act of football to the rest of the UK.

I dont know where to start really. I cant sufficiently write the words to convey how bad that is. But you are correct, it is a very telling admission on their part. Every manager in Scotland should be targeting them at their next press conferences and getting them telt. Wankers. 

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont know where to start really. I cant sufficiently write the words to convey how bad that is. But you are correct, it is a very telling admission on their part. Every manager in Scotland should be targeting them at their next press conferences and getting them telt. Wankers. 

I believe their chief sports writer is very keen for Scottish football to 'do much better' so I'm sure he'll be on this and discouraging such patronising dribble in future.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Just read that. Absolutely dreadful, condescending shite.

If they want to do an article on why watch Scottish football, why not do one that educates the I'll informed and breaks the stereotype of "shit hootball", because be fair it isn't. Boils my piss!

23 hours ago, WALMOT said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53568066

Tom English's latest BBC tirade.

Embarrassing. English loves quoting the "31% of clubs voted for an inquiry In to the running of the SPFL" and conflating it with his argument that the resolution passed is grossly unfair on Hearts. 

Firstly, 31% is a pretty small minority. Secondly, you can believe that the SPFL can be run better AND also believe that the resolution on ending the season (that hearts voted in favour of) and the subsequent relegation of hearts was the best way forward. 

While banging on about the 31% minority, he also keeps saying the resolution to call the season only passed by "1 vote". While true, 81% of clubs voted in favour. A huge majority of clubs. He's all over the shop and prevents totally conflicting evidence and spins them both in favour of his narrative. 

English used to be decent on sportsound but he's completely lost it on this issue.