The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

2 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Maybe, but the shortened season, plus the reportedly low ST uptake for Dundee plus the prospect of playing behind closed doors for part of the season does make a forecast of halved revenue plausible. There's also the possibility of Hearts' fantasy island figure of £10 million being removed from next year's SPFL prize pool.

It's even possible that he has been speaking to people ITK in Dundee FC who are thinking that revenue will be halved, but didn't bother to write down the source for an offhand aside in a story about a tangentially related matter.

He doesn't need to be ITK.

John Nelms said just a few weeks ago that Dundee were "looking likely to have less than half" of their normal income.

Screenshot_20200717-183838_Chrome.thumb.jpg.62edaf5610a72a93f7a6a339f33cd172.jpg

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He doesn't need to be ITK.

John Nelms said just a few weeks ago that Dundee were "looking likely to have less than half" of their normal income.

Screenshot_20200717-183838_Chrome.thumb.jpg.62edaf5610a72a93f7a6a339f33cd172.jpg

As I said on the other thread, fair enough on that one. That quote is 2 weeks prior to the October 17th start date being given though.

To not be getting simple things such as how long a players contract has left to run when his entire article's subject is that said players' contract situation then it's piss poor.

Edited by Ludo*1

23 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:

Wit the f**k 😂😂

CF8F11F2-2F47-45E8-9824-EF1C91212BEE.jpeg

I thought it was utter tosh until I noticed they put us top of the league, so... you know maybe it's not such a bad piece after all.. ;)

9 hours ago, Golden Gordon said:

This week I have been mostly wearing Speedos on my face...

To be fair, Rangers* won the friendly cup, so it had to be evened out by Celtic beating them at face-masks

Balls.ie on Twitter: "IRA-style balaclava from Floyd?… "

2 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

That's a shocking article. Yet more evidence of the anti-County agenda from the fake news BBC.

That so-called fashion expert is from the Black Isle and she failed to review the far more stylish mask that County are also selling.

Picture of PRE ORDER - RCFC Face Mask

I'm surprised the elastic stretched round those lugs.

So let me get this right.

Kris Boyd spent week after week slagging AFC off and was so angry that AFC players were considered good enough for Scotland squads.

States this morning Kenny McLean, Shinnie and Lewis Ferguson would stop 10IAR if they signed for Rangers.

🤡

57 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

So let me get this right.

Kris Boyd spent week after week slagging AFC off and was so angry that AFC players were considered good enough for Scotland squads.

States this morning Kenny McLean, Shinnie and Lewis Ferguson would stop 10IAR if they signed for Rangers.

🤡

He said that a few weeks ago. Has he said it again?!

He said that a few weeks ago. Has he said it again?!

Not sure it appeared on my “Newsnow” feed. Maybe was an old article appearing today for some reason.

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Celtic are among a number of European clubs chasing Philadelphia Union teenager Brenden Aaronson, who has been dubbed 'the US Kai Havertz', by the German media (mlssoccer.com via Daily Record).

Ehm.......who and who?

Havertz is a young hot shot midfield/forward in the German national team and with Leverkusen. Heading to Chelsea apparently for a bizillion pounds. Had to Google it to be honest.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Celtic are among a number of European clubs chasing Philadelphia Union teenager Brenden Aaronson, who has been dubbed 'the US Kai Havertz', by the German media (mlssoccer.com via Daily Record).

Ehm.......who and who?

He might turn out to be the US Kai Ellafferti....