The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

10 hours ago, gannonball said:

Qué? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c80xk4vx0q5o

I've been reading this shite for 25 years, and I really have to wean myself off it sooner or later! See "Johnny Foreigner X and Johnny Foreigner Y seal/don't seal deal that Celtgers could never afford in a million years" story, every single day. 

I'm amazed people still use the BBC website for anything relating to Scottish football. If you want details on fixtures, results, lineups and stats, use an app/website like FlashScore or FotMob which are quicker, more detailed and more accurate. If you want brainless gossip about the Old Firm, use social media.

The only thing BBC had going for it which you couldn't really find anywhere else was match reports across the divisions, and the quality of those has reduced drastically as well, to the point that I'm not sure there's a single redeeming feature left on there. Unless us being able to moan about their embarrassing content output on this thread is a redeeming feature, I suppose.

Edited by Nightmare

I'll not bother with the multiple screen shots, but the media have been going ham for this lad from Sevilla. He was either already signed, about to sign or has already had contact with Rangers. This has been going on for about 2 weeks. When the player and agent were asked? They knew nothing of this, and hadn't had any contact from Rangers.

19 hours ago, Parttimesupporter said:

As far as I can tell there has been no serious investigation into the developing car crash in Inverness from the BBC or any of the national newspapers.  A bigger example of terrible journalism than most of the guff highlighted in this thread IMHO.

Ex-Celt Charlie Christie reveals his worry for Ex-Ger's future at Highland club. ITC who once lost to Celtic in a cup final are on the verge of bankruptcy, similar to what happened to Rangers. Rangers survived, but it looks less likely for CTI who now play in a lower division with other teams.

Old Firm fans in the highland town have arranged a whip round and hope to arrange a charity match between Rangers and Celtic old boys to raise funds for the stricken club. Ally McCoist and Frank McAvennie have already pledged their support.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Ex-Celt Charlie Christie reveals his worry for Ex-Ger's future at Highland club. ITC who once lost to Celtic in a cup final are on the verge of bankruptcy, similar to what happened to Rangers. Rangers survived, but it looks less likely for CTI who now play in a lower division with other teams.

Old Firm fans in Thailand town have arranged a ship round and hope to arrange a charity match between Rangers and Celtic old boys to raisefunds for the stricken club. Ally McCoist and Frank McAvennie have already pledged their support.

👏

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

That fucking headline:

Screenshot_20240731_131439_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.00bd5f5ff225ca584b4d76188382ce65.jpg

See they got the Austrian team's name wrong too, pretty sure it's Admira

9 hours ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Another day, another Keith Jackson article mentioning Lawrence Shankland.

It all seems rather unhinged now. Particularly when you consider Jackson hasn't been fed anything Rangers related in god knows how long.

Keith Jackson was named reporter of the year at the Scottish Press Awards not too long ago. Not just sports reporter, but the best reporter in the country.