Heart of Midlothian v St. Johnstone, 02/08/2015

Great entertainment but we should have had a bit more of it. Six second half goals and no time added for the time taken to re-start, probably around 3 and a half - 4 minutes. Three added, presumably two for the four subs and one for the physio treatment. Happens all the time in our game and it really pisses me off.

Walker and Paterson look like future Scotland players. Hearts need a keeper though.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hearts trolling the utter diddies on here into oblivion. Can't remember so many nightmares in one thread for a while tbh.

Seriously though, we never should have let the game pan out the way it did. If Nicholson scored that chance to make it 4-1 we'd have strolled the rest of the game and possibly scored more. Thank f**k he made amends.

Getting that first win in the bag so early will settle us and we should continue to grow in confidence as the season progresses.

Hartley looked totally suave in real life as we were leaving.

Just as today saw us face opposition of a higher standard than we were used to seeing last season, next week will see Hartleys debonair dress sense finally give Robbie Neilson the challenge he's missed up till now

That should've been far more comfortable. Juanma and Nicholson missing really good chances spring to mind. However, 4 goals, 3 points, a lot of work to do to improve defensively, but it's a decent enough start. Juanma looked really good in the second half, excellent touch on him. Walker is only going to get better which will be worrying for the rest of the league, and Paterson after an indifferent first half came on to a game and won everything in the air. Good result.

Bizarre match. Dire first-half and unbelievable second-half. It was very unlike Saints to concede AND score so many goals in one match. I guess we have to take the latter as a positive. Hopefully Sutton and Cummins can push on now.

Brad McKay had a bit of a shocker, as did Scobbie. Hearts looked more dangerous than us in an attacking sense and we were constantly outmuscled by their big strikers. On the whole, I wasn't really impressed with either team.

McKay needs a more experienced pro like Wright beside him. Shaughnessy was actually better when going forward today, so hopefully I've judged him prematurely.

I thought we deserved that narrow win in the end, looked consistently dangerous with Juanma and Sow up front, don't miss the days of having John Sutton up front. :lol:

Seemed a lot more direct than last season which made the match a bit more exciting, only poor performance today was Alexander.

On the basis of that top 6 is a minimum and top 4 is definitely achievable, and without sounding disrespectful there is no team we should be fearing apart from Celtic in this league.

Would like to think we'll take a massive support to Dundee on the back of that.

I'd expected a hearts win to spark massive overoptimism and predictions of Aberdeen being left trailing or a Saint Johnstone win to cause "long hard battle for survival" doom Sayers.

As it turns out we won by the odd goal in seven so even the most manic depressive Jambos have to retain some perspective

3-0 Saints. Piss easy 3 points.

Juanma.png

Got to imagine Hearts will be brought back down to earth with a shuddering bump here.

2-0 Saints. O'Halloran early doors before Chris Kane wraps it up late on. Welcome to the big boys league.

I'd imagine we should sell out our section easily, full house.

Juanma.png

Hearts :lol:

Juanma.png

Can't wait until Sunday. Watching our players patronisingly applaud Hearts on to the pitch for winning a league we are too good to be in is going to be glorious.

Didn't even happen. :lol:

Juanma.png

Saints are winning this one nil, fucking cert. Thinking you can score in to Mannus, Joshau, Bad Brad, Scoberesi and Beast. :lol:

Juanma.png

Great start to the season.

Thought 4-3 made it seem closer than it was, or should have been - three shitey goals conceded, and what the f**k was Alexander playing at?

I'm probably biased, of course.

The referee was an idiot all day.

Three points, though, and four goals scored - great start.

Calum Paterson cannae cross the ball, though, eh? :rolleyes:

A 17000 sell out :lol:

Erm, all home end match tickets were sold out. Minus hospitality (12:30 Sunday kick-off on the box), segregation and a few empty seats in the away end, it was a fantastic crowd. Certainly the sort of attendance that all other non-entities outside of Glasgow can only dream about getting on a regular basis.

No more goals plz. I have Hearts 3-1 and Hearts -1 on separate lines today

jj.png

Thought the Better team won, Saints looked very shaky at the back throughout although their midfield and attack looked decent with a few good moves. Suttons goal was a great cross and header. Hearts missed pallardo in the middle and the defence needs time to gel but I think it was a decent performance. Paterson was my Motm nmmm

Archived