Toy Story - Mafia Game Thread

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get what made Ludo suddenly think David is innocent... very confused by him jumping tack again.

I am going to vote, can someone bold please.

Vote Ludo

Sorry, the random changing he is doing is to much for me. I posted my thoughts earlier on this in relation to him and Now. GS posted about it looking at the Ludo / David interaction. Whilst we both may disagree about the potential partner it does look to me like Ludo is playing with us.

Ludo jumped on GingerSaint for not cottoning on, but ArmadaleKillie seems to have largely gone ignored after a similar response.

Gy diamond seems like a reasonably place to start as he was flagged by both Ludo and David, although they've both accused people we now know to be innocent.

Neither of them would of had any info on me at all since gtg investigated Ludo on the first night and died tonight.

Their record in this game at picking out Mafia has been pathetic as well,

Ludo voted for- gtg (investigator) NOW (civil) GS ( civi)

Gtg voted for- Turbo (civi) GS (civi)

So following their lead is clearly the best thing to do :1eye:

Ludo jumped on GingerSaint for not cottoning on, but ArmadaleKillie seems to have largely gone ignored after a similar response.

The mafia killed Ludo and David so there wouldn't be any reason for them to try and influence the voting. None of the 3 or 4 suspects we had were mafia so it wouldn't have made sense for them to stick their necks out.

I reckon we should be targeting bandwagonners who kept under the radar

The mafia killed Ludo and David so there wouldn't be any reason for them to try and influence the voting. None of the 3 or 4 suspects we had were mafia so it wouldn't have made sense for them to stick their necks out.

Unless it's a double-bluff, of course..

I assumed Ludo felt I was not mafia so went after the guy he wasn't sure about? I honestly don't know though.

Personally I was wrong on ludo myself and stuck to it against all the cap because I decided to listen to GS. I feel a bit of an idiot now for doing it although at least I was following another Townie.

I keep wondering if I was right about my posts on Day 1 when I suggested the quiet people or at least those who seem cryptic or limited in what they post. I guess tomorrow morning I am going to need to look at everything again.

I assumed Ludo felt I was not mafia so went after the guy he wasn't sure about? I honestly don't know though.

Personally I was wrong on ludo myself and stuck to it against all the cap because I decided to listen to GS. I feel a bit of an idiot now for doing it although at least I was following another Townie.

I keep wondering if I was right about my posts on Day 1 when I suggested the quiet people or at least those who seem cryptic or limited in what they post. I guess tomorrow morning I am going to need to look at everything again.

I have looked at everything and fully believe that you are Mafia. I am almost certain of this, and I'll back up my opinion with selected quotes tomorrow.

So, whilst I wait TRS giving us all a breakdown on why I am mafia I thought I would just go through things myself and post my own thoughts. I would rather do this and so far one the whole we have gotten bogged down in just a couple of people attacking each other. I want to put my thoughts out there before I get drawn into the inevetable defend myself mode that we all get drawn into when accused as I want my honest thoughts out there and not those that may be moulded by what TRS says.

Anyway, as I noted above, what has happened is those that have been trying to drive discussion have been knocked off. It appears as always that speaking up has resulted in people being cut out whilst those who stay quiet have passed on through. More importantly, those of us who are town need to start talking more and bringing out those who seems to be passing through the game without adding much discourse. It seems to me that the mafia have been happy to let are noisy people just chat amongst each other and accuse themselves so I wonder if we should look for those who didn't really offer much on those discussions and just happily bandwagoned in some way.

First up I was drawn to Mr Brightside.

On Day 1 he appears to have initially jumped on the David vote without really giving an explanation. When de does post, we get the explanation below.

In all honesty I didn't really have much reasoning, there's a few suspicious people IMO, GTG just seemed slightly more suspicious is all.

It is day 1 though so it being rather limited isn't always an issue but it interesting to note that he posts several times letting some other aspects of the discussion move on and become more prominent before he even decides to give this explanation. Then, at the last moment he then decides to switch and make sure that Turbo was knocked out of the running. It all seemed a little bit convenient to me and I know from other posts at the time it did perplex people then as well.

Then after the vote we get these two comments.

Well, I hope this works out.

Aye, that went well, eh?

His attitude here appears to be based upon him hoping his last minute push on Turbo works and then after it, he is quick to add a one liner about it not turning out well. Is this an attempt to make sure we all know that he was just taking a bit of a leap and that he isn't happy with the outcome he helped create. It seems un-needed, and it was interesting to note that Albino Rover jumped on NOWs unhappy face but didn't jump on this.

But instead of delving into this to try and help rectify the Day 1 results which I feel I would have done had it been my final move that removed a town member, he decided to continue to his previous days tactic of adding as little as he can get away with.

When he does post something to move the discussion on we get the following.

Does the Mafia kill strike anyone else as odd?

He mentions the Mafia Kill which drives certain people to look at what CountyFan said which to me was a huge red herring as it seemed that the mafia would probably have just picked a random kill to avoid suspicion. Was he just trying to drive people to once again look at NOW who it now turns out was innocent? If NOW had been the lynch target it would have been easy for Mr B. to have just moved on again as I think all of us suspected him on some level and no one would have wondered about who it was who first tried to raise the issue about why CountyFan was targeted.

We then have this strange comment that includes two interesting points.

I was beginning to suspect GS last night but was a wary about coming forward with this, however if Ludo is lynched and turns out to be Mafia, I'm fucked.

Firstly the one about if Ludo is mafia and him being fucked. Is this because he knows Ludo is Town and he knew the Mafia were going to target him. Therefore by Ludo turning up town people can think that it means Mr B. isn't fucked and he must be town? I know he implied that it was because people would think he was working with Ludo, but to be honest this never really crossed my mind at the time. I still don't really see it but of course I am now looking at it from the point of knowing Ludo is innocent.

In the end he voted for GS last night which takes me to his second point in that comment. All we get is him saying he was wary of him last night but conveniently didn't bring it forward for people to discuss. Then he doesn't actually vote for him at the time and waits until GS is an even easier target to vote on.

Finally, after the vote, he once again make sure we all know he isn't happy and therefore most be town. Before putting out a one liner to us all that DB is probably mafia. Again with Mr. B there is no real reasoning, I suspect he will end up using the DB being very very very quiet as a reason and whilst on the whole I can agree with that. DB isn't the only one who could fill that role. Maybe this is the one time that Mr. B is going to vote for a fellow mafia knowing it is unlikely enough people will probably pick on his silent partner?

I have a couple more people I want to bring up but I need to actually do some work first :-)

I actually was hoping I wouldn't pick out TRS as a target here as it falls into the exact trap I wanted to avoid of targeting someone who is targeting me. But I can't help but be curious about some of his actions throughout the game.

I was quite shocked to see how few times he has posted, for someone who I believe is meant to be one of our main players it seems rather low. Especially when you see how GS, Turbo, Ludo and DavidMcG went at the game. They went at it in the completely opposite manner to him, TRS could be busy of course or he was intentionally staying under the radar.

Anyway, on Day 1 we get a couple of non offensive posts. We Initially get the odd interesting comment on Bonksy and Ludo but overall he pretty much stays relatively neutral on the whole thing. The only time he picks up on something is in relation to Kyle, but with only 1 post it is more a place setter to highlight a query on Kyle's actions which I will come on to later.

He then does the following:

DarkBlue62's post didn't sit right with me either. Typical sort of post that a Mafia member would make at the start of the game IMO.

For tonight, I'm going to vote numberonewasp.

He has been fairly quiet. I'm sure he used to post a lot more frequently in these games, so it could possibly be a tactical move to avoid giving much away at this early stage. His first post didn't really add anything to the debate. He just agreed with me that Ludo seemed suspicious. He knows that Ludo is a strong player. He probably knows that I am an absolute Mafia master who can influence people to vote the same way as myself. If Ludo isn't Mafia, I'm sure that they would LOVE him to be lynched on the first night.

Apart from this, numberonewasp's other post made it clear that he doesn't want anyone to be looking at user profiles during the game. Does he simply like to play by the rules? Or is this more of a 'panic' move?

This one of line highlighting Darkblue's first post as being the type a mafia would make didn't really catch my attention at first. However now with Mr. Brightside's post last night I begin to wonder if there is anything in the fact that both TRS and him have made comments about DB but not followed them up and done them in a way and at a point which means nothing is likely to come of it.

His final vote in the end for NOW is an easy one considering what happened that day and he makes sure he gets in there and votes up front so there is no accusation of being on a bandwagon. Again, it is Day 1 so there is nothing particulary sinister about this vote and overall it has been a rather bland performance from him.

The only other interesting pre-vote post is the following:

True colours begin to get shown as the deadline approaches.. Contrary to what some others have said, I'm suspicious of quite a few people right now.

This is no help to anyone, it just lets everyone know he is suspicious of lots of people but won't actually say who. So we the town know he is working away to help us out but won't actually share it with us.

Finally, he turns his attention back on Kyle with the following:

I always find it a bit suspicious when people make posts like this in advance of the deadline, especially in such quick succession. Already identifying posters we should go for if Turbo is found guilty, before naming other posters we should go for if Turbo is innocent.. Of course, neither of these scenarios could possibly involve YOU being guilty.

Reading over this now, this is actually quite a valid point about how Kyle very much played the neutral maybe these guys are bad but maybe the other guys are bad. A sure fire way to try and ensure he doesn't come into the firing line for being "wrong". What I find really interesting here is that whilst he later states he is keeping his eye on Kyle he never follows through on it. He promises to get back to him on his accusation and yet we see nothing from him on this. In fact when he does post, he decides to get bogged down reading the David vs Ludo stuff but ends up just sticking with a vote on NOW which was a nice easy option for him and ensures he doesn't get involved or accused of being involved in that debate. It also means he can once again not show any real in depth analysis of Kyle or anyone else in the game which could results in him coming unstuck but instead leave it to cryptic posts or implications he just confused by the whole thing.

Then we get the horrific results of the night and this post.

It's fair to say that this has gone quite disastrously.

I'm changing my way of voting. I still suspect NOW. However, we can save him for later. Even if he's in the Mafia, I doubt the other members will care too much if he ends up being lynched.

I will now focus on four suspects, based on my re-reading of the thread today: Kyle, ArmadaleKillie, gy diamond and Airdrie Onions. It's imperative that the next lynch is correct, and I firmly believe that there are at least two mafia members in that group of four.

Suddenly now that all our previous "masters" of the game have been voted out he is going to come out of his shell and do something different. Is this him now coming out in confidence because the people he feels could tie him down are gone?

He even highlights this with the following post:

Most of the high-profile Mafia players are gone. I feel under a bit of pressure to turn this around.

Is this a reach out to the other players to make sure we know he is a past master and we should make sure we listen to him and follow his lead. Personally, following the past masters so far has been a disaster for us and I am not sure following one who now suddenly decides to try and take control when some of the biggest perceived threats to the mafia are gone is potentially a good idea.

I think there is at least another person out there who is sneaking under the radar in quiet mode and that leads me to three people.

diamonds2002
DarkBlue
Sooky

diamonds2002 is a funny one, I tried to have a look at his posts and half of them appear to be chatting without adding anything much to the discussion. He does highlight that the mafia like to stay under the radar early on which is quite interesting being that is exactly what he is doing. Is this just a false flag in regards to him wanting us to assume he can't be mafia as he highlighted that potential?

He voted for GS on both days without any real in depth discussion or analysis. Day 1 could have just been a throw away vote but Day 2 looks like it could be an attempt to join the bandwagon.

He was also quick to try and point out to the Mod that the town should lose another player, I had noticed that but didn't want to say anything in the hope we could sneak on through. Perhaps a bit naughty of me but I didn't want to lost another player. The mafia however would want this so it does raise my suspicions some more.

DarkBlue has posted a total of 4 times, two of which were his votes. With this and the actions of TRS and Mr B. in regards to him he is without doubt my favourite here for being the under the radar sneak.

Sooky is only slightly better than DarkBlue although at least he has posted an excuse for his rather weak performance so far and added a bit more depth to his voting reasons. To be honest, I think Mr B. and TRS have both ignored him completely so maybe he is the alternative option to DB. Do the Mafia do the odd post against their silent partner or do they ignore him?

At the moment though I am going to go with the one who caught my attention the most with my review which is Mr Brightside and is the one I am probably most sure about in my head.

Vote Mr Brightside

You're barking up the wrong tree here.

OKay then, tell us what you think.

What are your observations and thoughts? Do you agree with TRS that it might be me or the others he highlighted? Do you agree with any of my other observations and can you add to them or show that I am flawed in my thinking? Do you think there is something that both me and TRS are missing? Is there some things that are right from me and right from him?

My biggest issue with TRS stems from the fact that he hasn't really backed anything up or delved into anything yet. At least when he produces his promised breakdown of my posts it will show him trying to provide some real in depth observations and analysis and I can at least begin to consider that I am just being tenuous in my attempts to identify the mafia. (And perhaps there is still the bias from me because he is targeting me which has pushed my thoughts in a certain way).

Show us what you are actually thinking and show that you are trying to actually find the mafia here. We have had a lot of single lines and odd comments from you and many others. We need to pull out there people because some of them surely have to be mafia.

Who killed Ludo and why? Most of us realised yesterday that Ludo and David were most likely innocent or at least they were either both innocent or both guilty and it would be obvious by the end of today. It seems strange to kill off a player who might be definitely a good guy, who has a good reputation at this game, who was quite clearly coming close to being unmasked one way or the other.

Archived