Toy Story - Mafia Game Thread

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My thoughts are that I have three suspects of potential Mafia, DB as previously stated is very quiet, as well Onions he's fairly quiet too but less quiet than DB, they are two people I am relatively convinced could be Mafia. The third suspect is a few people who have been more active, AK would maybe be top of that, especially with his long accusatory posts, or TRS he's been quite quiet as well but maybe slightly more active than the other two, he was also quick to call me Mafia twice I think now. Interesting and tough times ahead.

Is the Hunter usually a good guy? I'm really quite annoyed with David's death, not only was he a major role, it looked for all the world that he would be whacked if he was telling the truth anyway. Why waste a kill? Now we've lost 2 major characters with no info in return

My thoughts are that I have three suspects of potential Mafia, DB as previously stated is very quiet, as well Onions he's fairly quiet too but less quiet than DB, they are two people I am relatively convinced could be Mafia. The third suspect is a few people who have been more active, AK would maybe be top of that, especially with his long accusatory posts, or TRS he's been quite quiet as well but maybe slightly more active than the other two, he was also quick to call me Mafia twice I think now. Interesting and tough times ahead.

I've probably been less quiet than before (although I did give reasons on why I was going to be quiet yesterday). But then I'm older now, maybe it's also the fact that we don't know when the next game is going to be, but I want to play this game right and actually try and work out who is mafia. That's why I was annoyed we went for Turbo/Ludo/David as at least they were active

Hands up I called it wrong on ginge but as stated he was unusually honking in the game.

Most of the dead have sent the last two days knocking lumps out of each others. Most of the remaining players seem to be the quieter ones (myself included) with little to go on at the moment.

Of the prominent mafia players gydiamond hasnt been playing with his usual panache and AK seems to trying to take a leading role as chief prosecutor

OK, let's begin.

THE CASE AGAINST ARMADALE KILLIE

Loving the early discourse here.

Personally quiet ppl make me suspect and they always has in mafia games. But the problem here is we have so many "experts" that so many of the tactics are known and played against ppl.

This didn't really stand out to me at the time of posting, but it's certainly interesting in hindsight. Armadale made his voting tactics very clear from the outset. Whilst it may be a good idea to vote for the quieter posters at the start of the game, when certain players aren't contributing enough and there isn't much else to go on, Armadale has remained very consistent throughout the thread. Even at this later stage of the game, he insists that we should be looking at the 'quieter' ones.

Either way, it has raised my suspicions and I will likely be watching them closely as the game progresses. For this round however, unless something fundamentally changes I am still likely to go after someone who has tried to stay out of the overall discussions etc. or at least someone who appears reticent in getting involved.

At least with the chatty, noisy guys, they are going to be easier to catch in a lie at a later date. Those quiet, sleekit guys are not as easy to catch out as the game progresses and people can become more and more paranoid.

So I was looking over things, because as I said I was wanting to target the people who were being quiet etc. even though Turbo doesn't like that strategy :)

I keep wondering if I was right about my posts on Day 1 when I suggested the quiet people or at least those who seem cryptic or limited in what they post. I guess tomorrow morning I am going to need to look at everything again.

Armadale has been constant in his desire to get rid of the 'quieter' ones. In a game like this one, where we've seen so much suspicious behaviour from people who are posting more often, it seems strange to me. We are now at a stage where we desperately need the next lynch to be a Mafia member. Would we rather go for a gamble on a quiet poster who hasn't yet said anything to make himself look guilty, or should we actually be looking at people who have posted more and made themselves look suspicious? At this stage in the game, and particularly on a day like today when we NEED to be correct, Armadale is still sticking with his 'quiet players' philosophy. I find this strange.

From a personal point of view, I tend to post less when I don't have an important role. I imagine that quite a few others are the same. I wouldn't say that there's a distinct correlation between posting less and being in the Mafia. I'm not saying that one of the quiet ones ISN'T necessarily guilty. But to suggest this tactic, on a day like today when we need to be correct, strikes me as being very odd.

For the moment, I'm working under the assumption that Wilkinson1998 doesn't have an important part to play in this game. That role has been passed around like a worthless prostitute.

As far as I'm aware Shelldon didn't even find out what the role was? I thought it a bit odd that Albino Rover handed it over but not sure what to read into it.

Even though I've just joined this game I have been following it from the start and it has interested me. The first thing that stands out for me though is dark blues inactivity and how it has flew under the radar for the most part. Its not just the inactivity though if you look at his only 4 posts there is absolutely no insight whatsoever, nothing that could even partly bring the game forward or help us townies in anyway.

Hi boooys. So who is baaad here?!
This was his first post, this done nothing except maybe hint at a character which we have since discussed means nothing in this game.
I always do something wrong eh? I've got no idea who I'm voting for. As I may not be on later I will make my vote now. vote Airdrie Onions
Hi us second post was quite defensive aswell talking about doing stuff wrong then voting for someone for no reason at all.
Having briefly read over the past 12 pages that I've missed due to P&B not working on my phone, I have a few suspicions of my own. At the minute I don't have time to post a big rant as I've seen the deadline is at 10pm. However, I will be voting NoW. See what happens after tonight! Vote NumberOneWasp
This third post was an interesting one and this is the one that makes me feel he is guilty. Firstly the vote itself for NOW who had been in the firing line since day 1 could be a distraction from himself as everyone was targeting him. He also mentions how he has his suspicions but has never even hinted at what these suspicions are. If he is indeed a townie wouldnt he want to help his fellow townies out?
Madness!
I have no idea what the need for the 4th post was but I assume it was just to look like he was posting.

As far as I'm aware Shelldon didn't even find out what the role was? I thought it a bit odd that Albino Rover handed it over but not sure what to read into it.

I think Sheldon had the offer waiting and never responded so I got a pm asking if I would sub in instead

I'm happy to go for db on the basis of inactivity alone. I can't really understand why people spend a long time building a case on someone, based on nothing but conjecture and basically a stab in the dark. Look at how much effort Ludo put in to try and put mcg in the frame only to be proved wrong within minutes

I'm happy to go for db on the basis of inactivity alone. I can't really understand why people spend a long time building a case on someone, based on nothing but conjecture and basically a stab in the dark. Look at how much effort Ludo put in to try and put mcg in the frame only to be proved wrong within minutes

Tbf this is my first game but I feel that a case needs brought to the table to have a discussion on it and so everyone gets a say, it lays out peoples ideas and can easily be seen by all.

Tbf this is my first game but I feel that a case needs brought to the table to have a discussion on it and so everyone gets a say, it lays out peoples ideas and can easily be seen by all.

But the problem is no one has any actual evidence. Most if not all of the people killed so far have 2 things in common:

1. They're all townies

2. They've been relatively active.

Let's face it you've got 4 posts on DB, that's suspicious in itself, but there's no real evidence there at all. The less times you post; the less you'll have to go on. Let's just start bumping off the inactive players until we get somewhere. They're not adding anything productive anyway

But the problem is no one has any actual evidence. Most if not all of the people killed so far have 2 things in common:

1. They're all townies

Let's face it you've got 4 posts on DB, that's suspicious in itself, but there's no real evidence there at all. The less times you post; the less you'll have to go on. Let's just start bumping off the inactive players until we get somewhere. They're not adding anything productive anyway

I feel we are in the same ballpark here but so far away from each other. My initial suspicions were his inactivity then a closer look at the posts heightened the suspicions and they seemed suspicious in themselves.

1. They're all townies

I would have to agree and have been saying this, I was thinking diamonds but can see Wilkensons reasoning behind DB.

1. They're all townies

Vote MarkoRaj just for the sentence in bold, it stinks of mafia.

I'm off to work now, doubt I'll get on until after my shift.

Archived