Toy Story - Mafia Game Thread

Wilkinson, don't let Marko influence you. We are currently in a position where one false move could result in a Mafia win.

Armadale and Marko are saying we should target the quieter players. Why?

'Let's just start bumping off the quieter players until we get somewhere' is a very strange thing to say. It may not be a case of 'until'. If we get rid of one of the quiet ones and it turns out that he is innocent, it could be too late for the civilians to turn things around. Armadale and Marko know this, so why are they being so insistent?

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vote MarkoRaj just for the sentence in bold, it stinks of mafia.

I'm off to work now, doubt I'll get on until after my shift.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. How many times over the last 2 days have we picked up on something trivial like this and twisted it to look sort of dodgy and where has it gotten us?

Wilkinson, don't let Marko influence you. We are currently in a position where one false move could result in a Mafia win.

'Let's just start bumping off the quieter players until we get somewhere' is a very strange thing to say. It may not be a case of 'until'. If we get rid of one of the quiet ones and it turns out that he is innocent, it could be too late for the civilians to turn things around. Armadale and Marko know this, so why are they being so insistent?

We have no information. We're an investigator, a stalker and 2 lovers down, we are literally taking a stab in the dark no matter what.

Surely we can't let the mafia keep silent until the end, that would be the easiest game ever. We've already taken out some of the supposed good players just because they were active.

I'm happy to go for db on the basis of inactivity alone. I can't really understand why people spend a long time building a case on someone, based on nothing but conjecture and basically a stab in the dark. Look at how much effort Ludo put in to try and put mcg in the frame only to be proved wrong within minutes

If you're a civilian, why would you be happy to go for someone 'based on inactivity alone'? I can't make it any clearer. If DB is voted out tonight and it turns out that he's a civilian, the Mafia will probably outnumber us. At this stage, is it worth taking that gamble on a quiet player who is impossible to read? With other people, at least we have SOMETHING to go on.

I'm assuming that the quoted post refers to the first part of my ArmadaleKillie analysis. If so, it seems alarmingly defensive.

To be honest, usually I think at this stage of the game, the whole "vote for the quiet players" is a bit of a cop out, however pretty much everyone who people have had suspicions on so far have all been innocent and mostly quite active, so it's gotten to the stage where there isn't actually all that much to go on! I've sort of been struggling to work out who is who in this game and even when people were suspicious of Turbo/David and the likes, I was never fully convinced about that. I do wonder if some players, later in those votes just simply jumped on the bandwagon with that. I do agree though that inactivity probably isn't the way to go.

There's 11 of us left and we started with 19, so we're talking probably 4 mafia? The fact is that we need to get at least one tonight or it's curtains. I reckon it'll be a mixture if I'm honest, possibly a couple of active players and then a couple of quiet players. Both Kyle and Mr Brightside are both jumping out at me slightly, so I think I'll go have a look at their past posts in the thread so far.

So far the mafia are either having a blinder or the rest of us are doing shite. It's probably a bit of both, but the fact that nearly half of the players are dead and none of them are mafia suggest that there is a at least one very experienced player on the mafia team, possibly guiding a couple of non-experienced players who aren't contributing much?

I had my suspicions on AK but i'm not entirely convinced, Marko I am neither here not there with. He's playing his cards pretty close to his chest. I see what you mean about there patterns being quite similar and when I have an hour or two later I will need to look properly into this. Just now I am leaning slightly towards DB but i'm not too sure. When I was looking in from the outside the three I had in mind were NOW, GS and Ludo and we seen how that turned out.

It's 'conjecture and a stab in the dark' for me to accuse Armadale based on the posts I've read? But it isn't a 'stab in the dark' to vote for DB based on absolutely nothing other than inactivity?

Sorry Marko, but that's nonsensical.

No it's a stab in the dark no matter who we lynch.

So far we've lynched 2 active players and they've both been civi. The other players killed have mostly been active and all been civi.

Let's try a different tack. That's all I'm saying. If someone could provide decent evidence then we would have somewhere to go but without an investigator then I highly doubt any will be forthcoming

now thinking back marco being so against a case study being made on someone jumps out as mafia with something to hide.

Exactly. And who was the case study being made against? ArmadaleKillie. I will continue with my thoughts on AK shortly.

What I'd suggest is a lynch against AK. Meanwhile, if there's somebody who has the power to kill people off, he can maybe target a quieter player tonight. That way, we can hopefully get some sort of knowledge one way or the other.

The only thing about focusing on more active players, as TRS wants to do is that if they are found out to be innocent also, there's no one around to actually do any investigating and discussion. At least by taking out more inactive players, there are actually people around to still try and work out who is who. We're short enough on players as it is at the moment. I'll be honest, this sort of makes me slightly wary of TRS as saying all of this would put him at an advantage if he was mafia.

Wasn't it a fairly common tactic to bump off the inactive players until proper information appeared? I find TRS objection to this rather strange tbh

Not at this vital stage of the game. Bump off inactive players at the start and hope for a lucky break, yes. But not now.

Let's not forget that Airdrie Onions has also been saying similar things regarding the quiet players.

Yep I've been saying this since the start though, how random is the first few days so why not try and get rid of quieter players. It's also quite common for mafia to stay quiet as there's less to go on then. If we'd done that instead of jumping on the Turbo/GS stuff then we wouldn't have lost so many civs. I'd agree that by now we need to look at it rather than just bumping off the quieter players though.

Ragrding DB though, he could be mafia and just skirting along watching us aim for other players.

There's the other scenario of course that you're mafia TRS. The rest could be quiet whilst you jump in accusing someone whilst knowing that because you're probably the highest regarded player left and people will go with what you say? I'm not too convinced on that, but it's certainly a bit suspicious that you've become a lot more active now and seem to be jumping on AK without too much evidence.

Exactly. And who was the case study being made against? ArmadaleKillie. I will continue with my thoughts on AK shortly.

What I'd suggest is a lynch against AK. Meanwhile, if there's somebody who has the power to kill people off, he can maybe target a quieter player tonight. That way, we can hopefully get some sort of knowledge one way or the other.

He also said I on my case against DB despite himself wanting him lynched, its as if he has made a crucial mistake in one of his posts and doesn't want us too notice it. I'll have a look at this at about half 5-6 and see what I can find.

I still think we need to turn attention to inactives but maybe put it on the back till tomorrow. Similarly though I don't think this will look good on yourself if it turns out wronfg.

vote markoraj.

The only thing about focusing on more active players, as TRS wants to do is that if they are found out to be innocent also, there's no one around to actually do any investigating and discussion. At least by taking out more inactive players, there are actually people around to still try and work out who is who. We're short enough on players as it is at the moment. I'll be honest, this sort of makes me slightly wary of TRS as saying all of this would put him at an advantage if he was mafia.

You must be feeling quite suicidal if you want to focus on lynching inactive players, Sooks.. If I was Mafia, I wouldn't have suddenly changed my style of play so drastically today. I would have continued playing the way I've done thus far, as I haven't even received one vote during this game. It's now 'panic station' time and we need to do the right thing.

I'd be happy with this strategy. The way things have been going though, chances are we'll end up killing the hunter.

Archived