Toy Story - Mafia Game Thread

I'm happy to go for db on the basis of inactivity alone. I can't really understand why people spend a long time building a case on someone, based on nothing but conjecture and basically a stab in the dark. Look at how much effort Ludo put in to try and put mcg in the frame only to be proved wrong within minutes

To be fair, that's the first time I've ever been so majorly wrong. Obviously been wrong on things before - such is the nature of the game - but I've never been so wildly off the mark. I built a reputation as a good player by being able to snuff people out. I think rustiness combined with being overly keen to get stuck in led me down the first path available.

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vote MarkoRaj just for the sentence in bold, it stinks of mafia.

I'm off to work now, doubt I'll get on until after my shift.

Does this not strike anyone else as a bit of deflection? It is pointed out that GY is unusually quiet and suddenly he points the finger at Marko for flagging it up.

Vote GYdiamond

Always think it's a good idea to be suspicious of those who are on p&b but don't post

Loving the early discourse here.

Personally quiet ppl make me suspect and they always has in mafia games. But the problem here is we have so many "experts" that so many of the tactics are known and played against ppl.

There was one game where one of the mafia members only posted once a day to vote and never said anything else. Think they lasted over a week using that tactic while everyone else voted each other off.

A nice little three-way discussion at the start of the thread. On the surface, a perfectly innocent conversation.

On the other hand, doesn't it seem a little too self-aware? Airdrie Onions and AK, perhaps in the knowledge that they are Mafia and both planning to post fairly regularly throughout the game, begin by mentioning that we should be looking at quieter players throughout the remainder of it. GY then jumps on the bandwagon and brings up an example of a past game in which one of the Mafia members was very quiet. This is all very early in the game and could be seen as an attempt to paint a picture of 'the typical Mafia member' which distances themselves from any suspicion.

Now.. Let's take my previous post into account. Airdrie Onions is certainly someone who has been posting more than others. Interestingly, however, he never really says too much. He has played it quite safely, not throwing out any rash accusations, stating that he is 'confused' and not having a great game etc. By his own reasoning, he is active and therefore not 'suspicious', but the quality of posts should be taken into account as well. It doesn't matter if you're active. If you're not saying much of any note, you're providing just as much as the inactive players who are apparently 'playing it safe.' Airdrie Onions has played it safe and not drawn attention to himself whilst remaining somewhat active. Now, let's look at this post by ArmadaleKillie.

If my opinions are correct, and AK and Airdrie Onions are both in the Mafia, it could partially explain this post. AK begins by addressing the general suspicions against Ludo, Airdrie Onions and Bonksy. He is quick to say that their suspicious behaviour is probably meaningless. We now know that, indeed, Ludo and Bonksy were innocent. However, was AK defending someone here? The only other option would be Airdrie Onions.O

Of course, AK then diverts the attention towards GingerSaint and DavidMcG, two strong players who turn out to be innocent. He then seems happy enough to jump on my wee bandwagon and vote for numberonewasp, who turns out to be innocent also.

The problem I have with the comments on the Ludo/AO/Bonksy/etc. interaction is that the initial elements of this discussion started pre-game. Therefore, we don't even know who out of them even knew what their roles were at that time. It therefore may be wrong to try and base opinions on those sections.

Personally, I would therefore take that element of the discussion with a huge pinch of salt and I am more likely to look at what happened after the game actually started. In particular, people who wanted to press the suspicions against these people, based mainly on those initial interactions.

So who do we have that fits the bill, DavidMcG & Gingersaint.

Interesting enough, the moment GS posted about it, DavidMcG was one of the first to respond, mentioning that he is confused by what GS is saying when to me it seemed pretty clear. Is this an attempt to show they don't know what each other are thinking and aren't on the same team? In addition it will again re-iterate a belief that Bonksy & Airdrie are mafia in the thread.

In all honesty however, I don't really think these guys had much else to go on so I can understand the reason for looking at that initial discourse and why it may raise their own suspicions because it is after all still more than possible they did know their roles.

Either way, it has raised my suspicions and I will likely be watching them closely as the game progresses. For this round however, unless something fundamentally changes I am still likely to go after someone who has tried to stay out of the overall discussions etc. or at least someone who appears reticent in getting involved. Of course, I am going to wait until the early evening before making that call as several people probably still haven't even read the thread yet.

Does this not strike anyone else as a bit of deflection? It is pointed out that GY is unusually quiet and suddenly he points the finger at Marko for flagging it up.

Vote GYdiamond

I picked that up too.

Must admit - I think everything is a bit weird about this game :lol:

Markoraj - doesn't like people building cases against other players. Isn't that the entire point of the game? It seems a bit fishy to me that you wouldn't want that? :huh:

AK - get rid of the inactive players - That's a risky tactic. Whilst that can be a mafia tell sign, it can also be because they don't have a very interesting role. DB62 definitely falls into one of those two categories, as does Sooky.

Mr Brightside - the whole way he's gone about this game is a bit weird. The late DavidMcG save was definitely a bit fishy at the time, but he was actually vindicated with that decision. Certainly one to keep an eye on.

TRS - sniping from the side lines until today, when he's right into the action. A cynic might think that, now that so many of the big hitters are out of the game, he thinks he can force things over the line for the mafia. I'm not sure that's the case though to be honest - we need someone to force the issue or the mafia are going to win this without actually doing anything. TRS and AK are providing that today at the very least, obviously with the help of quite a few others.

Airdrie Onions - I'm really not sure. His votes have been well out, but considering how the votes have landed, I don't think there's anything to take from that. I can't think of too much to take from his contributions so far...

Each of GY's votes have been a bit strange, and Marko's idea that we shouldn't build cases against players are the two most suspicious things currently in the game IMO.

Going to have a think about it and come back I think.

I don't get what made Ludo suddenly think David is innocent... very confused by him jumping tack again.

I am going to vote, can someone bold please.

Vote Ludo

Sorry, the random changing he is doing is to much for me. I posted my thoughts earlier on this in relation to him and Now. GS posted about it looking at the Ludo / David interaction. Whilst we both may disagree about the potential partner it does look to me like Ludo is playing with us.

As I've mentioned before, Ludo proclaimed that GingerSaint was either Mafia or stupid if he didn't realise what he was hinting at. As it turns out, GingerSaint was indeed being uncharacteristically stupid. Can the same be said for ArmadaleKillie? Nobody seemed to point this out at the time.

Now.. Let's take my previous post into account. Airdrie Onions is certainly someone who has been posting more than others. Interestingly, however, he never really says too much. He has played it quite safely, not throwing out any rash accusations, stating that he is 'confused' and not having a great game etc. By his own reasoning, he is active and therefore not 'suspicious', but the quality of posts should be taken into account as well. It doesn't matter if you're active. If you're not saying much of any note, you're providing just as much as the inactive players who are apparently 'playing it safe.' Airdrie Onions has played it safe and not drawn attention to himself whilst remaining somewhat active. Now, let's look at this post by ArmadaleKillie.

If my opinions are correct, and AK and Airdrie Onions are both in the Mafia, it could partially explain this post. AK begins by addressing the general suspicions against Ludo, Airdrie Onions and Bonksy. He is quick to say that their suspicious behaviour is probably meaningless. We now know that, indeed, Ludo and Bonksy were innocent. However, was AK defending someone here? The only other option would be Airdrie Onions.O

Of course, AK then diverts the attention towards GingerSaint and DavidMcG, two strong players who turn out to be innocent. He then seems happy enough to jump on my wee bandwagon and vote for numberonewasp, who turns out to be innocent also.

TRS you seem to be pointing out that I didn't jump in and accuse people, the game has shown that this hasn't worked. I don't actually think you are mafia, but I get the overriding feeling that the mafia are just going to stay quiet and let another night pass.

Gy diamond

Diamonds

Those two I've been suspicious of, but if they don't post how do we have anything to go on?

Just as a note as to why I have been inactive. To be honest I'm generally quite in these games, I like reading and seeing everyone else's points of view. I'm also a relatively new dad (5 weeks) so sleep is of its importance especially with the job I have.

Anyway, targeting me because of inactivity is just playing into the plans of the Mafia. So far it seems they have played a pretty perfect game apart from Ludo getting killed. Obviously people are aiming at me but there is more people been inactive. One of them would be Sooky who is a veteran of this game yet has not been seen much and not really criticised for being so. Makes me think its him and a few other such as Mr B and AK. At the moment I shall be voting for one of the above but not quite sure who yet.

Is the deadline at 10pm tonight?

VOTE COUNT

Mr. Brightside (1) - ArmadaleKillie

MarkoRaj (2) - gy diamond, Wilkinson1998

gy diamond (1) - diamonds2002

With 11 players, it's 6 votes for an early lynch.

Deadline is at 10 PM tonight.

With everything I've noticed, as well as today's insistence from AK and Marko that we should still target quiet players, my case ends here. I'm going to Vote ArmadaleKillie.

As Wilkinson said earlier, this won't look good for me if I'm wrong. I'm not really thinking about the consequences though. There's quite a possibility that I may be killed tonight or tomorrow. We're now at the stage of the game where players have to stick their necks on the line and go with what they believe, rather than brainlessly jumping on someone else's bandwagon.

If you think I may have made some valid points about AK, have a think about it and vote for him if you think it's the wisest thing to do. I may yet change my vote to one of the other players I've mentioned if it doesn't look likely that Armadale is going. It should be interesting to see how the night develops.

TRS you seem to be pointing out that I didn't jump in and accuse people, the game has shown that this hasn't worked. I don't actually think you are mafia, but I get the overriding feeling that the mafia are just going to stay quiet and let another night pass.

Gy diamond
Diamonds

Those two I've been suspicious of, but if they don't post how do we have anything to go on?

As I mentioned earlier, hopefully there's still someone with the power to kill off one of the quieter ones. I'm also a bit unsure about GY Diamond, I must admit. If the civilians vote for one of the more prolific posters who has made them suspicious, and a hunter-type character also kills off one of the quieter ones who isn't giving much away, we should hopefully get rid of at least one Mafia member tonight.

Right - I'm going out for dinner now and might not be about until after the deadline.

Not sure I totally agree with TRS' assessment on AK. I don't agree with his assertion we should be killing off quiet players because they're quiet, but I'm not sure that automatically makes him guilty.

GY is playing a very strange game - certainly one to consider later IMO.

I think MarkoRaj's post about not building cases on players doesn't make sense. It makes me think he has something to hide, so I'm going to Vote Markoraj

can someone please bold him?

Right - I'm going out for dinner now and might not be about until after the deadline.

Not sure I totally agree with TRS' assessment on AK. I don't agree with his assertion we should be killing off quiet players because they're quiet, but I'm not sure that automatically makes him guilty.

GY is playing a very strange game - certainly one to consider later IMO.

I think MarkoRaj's post about not building cases on players doesn't make sense. It makes me think he has something to hide, so I'm going to Vote Markoraj

can someone please bold him?

Each of GY's votes have been a bit strange, and Marko's idea that we shouldn't build cases against players are the two most suspicious things currently in the game IMO.

I haven't said anything about not building cases. I've said I don't think we have enough information to build a serious case against anyone in time for tonight, since we've rather hastily killed off anyone that has any factual information.

Some of the cases have been intriguing and certainly flagged up some suspicions but without decent evidence we're going to have to take a punt. I would rather take a punt on someone quieter than someone who has been active.

I haven't said anything about not building cases. I've said I don't think we have enough information to build a serious case against anyone in time for tonight, since we've rather hastily killed off anyone that has any factual information.Some of the cases have been intriguing and certainly flagged up some suspicions but without decent evidence we're going to have to take a punt. I would rather take a punt on someone quieter than someone who has been active.
I'd be happy with this strategy. The way things have been going though, chances are we'll end up killing the hunter.
Is this not two completely contradictory statements? One is in response to my vote, the other in response to TRS' case against AK?

Is this not two completely contradictory statements? One is in response to my vote, the other in response to TRS' case against AK?

No the strategy I was referring to was killing an active poster and the hunter killing a quieter one. I'd be happy with that but prefer vice versa

Marko has definitely implied we shouldn't build any cases. He may sugar-coat it how he pleases but it leaves me thinking he has something to hide. It's later than I planned on doing it but I'm going to go through the thread and have a look at AK and Markos relationship throughout the game and see if there's a recurring thing amongst them.

Right so that didn't really go to plan as I expected it, as it seems there has been no real previous relationship between them until today. I did find one or two quotes that I thought needed a bit of attention from them though.

Turbo, I don't think it is any worse strategy than any other day 1 tactic to be honest. At least with the chatty, noisy guys, they are going to be easier to catch in a lie at a later date. Those quiet, sleekit guys are not as easy to catch out as the game progresses and people can become more and more paranoid. I also don't understand why you decided to detail some of the interesting posts from these quiet players but then miss out at least two of them? Kyle and Mr Brightside spring to mind here as just as two obvious ones, in fact you previously mentioned Mr Brightside in passing on another post but then didn't decide to include him in your more detailed break down here? Just curious, did you miss them or is there something about there posts that don't concern you as much?
Unless I have picked this one up wrong is AK suggesting that we shouldn't go for the quiet guys and instead the loud guys should be roasted until a mistake is made? If so then why the sudden change of heart by him?
I won't jump to any quick votes but my feeling is DavidMcG is going to have to make a good case in order to stay in tomorrow
This quote jumped out on me as an admission that Marko was going to wait until there was an opportunity for a bandwagon instead of voting in what he believed in.
The mafia killed Ludo and David so there wouldn't be any reason for them to try and influence the voting. None of the 3 or 4 suspects we had were mafia so it wouldn't have made sense for them to stick their necks out.I reckon we should be targeting bandwagonners who kept under the radar
This was the only post I thought maybe up until today showed a relationship between the two. This quote was in reply to (I think) TRS after he suggested AK may be mafia and looks to me as if Marko has swiftly come in and tried to deflect all attention from AK. This could have been an effective strategy at the time as no one suspected him so he could try put a point across without being noticed.Overall this didn't go as I expected and but I still feel from that last quote there is a relationship his in there somewhere.

VOTE COUNT

Mr. Brightside (1) - ArmadaleKillie

MarkoRaj (3) - gy diamond, Wilkinson1998, Kyle

gy diamond (1) - diamonds2002

ArmadaleKillie (1) - The Real Saints

With 11 players, it's 6 votes for an early lynch.

Deadline is at 10 PM tonight.

Vote Gy Diamond. Could someone bold.

Guys, genuinely, it would be a waste of a kill to whack me. I'd hate to see it. I'm sure I can't be far off the top of the mafia hit list anyway but I still want to see the town win

Archived