Clarkson, Hammond & May sign with Amazon Prime

Fide

Hammond's done quite well with his organ business though.

Never realised he played? Was he a church goer?

So what's the new show gonna be called?

I just got an Amazon fire tv stick.

Wtf am I going on about, I don't like any of them.

I might watch top gear now with that ginge lad.

Grimbo

Got a letter through the door about a 30 day free trial for Amazon Prime. I was thinking about using it but I've heard stuff about them charging you without you knowing. Is there any truth in this because, from what I saw, it was just idiots that couldn't count to 30 and kept using it.

Got a letter through the door about a 30 day free trial for Amazon Prime. I was thinking about using it but I've heard stuff about them charging you without you knowing. Is there any truth in this because, from what I saw, it was just idiots that couldn't count to 30 and kept using it.

As long as you cancel within the trial period, you won't get charged.

Good. Now watch Top Gear be axed in the next year.

I thought this when Chris Evans was announced. Then rumours of Jenson Button csme out. Reckon he'd be great and it also looks like itll be a more car oriented show, thatll obviously lose some viewers, but itll gain some too

Wonder what sort of stuff they want to do that wouldn't fly with the BBC. In a way this could be the best thing for their show as it had become as stale as a week old bap.

Evans show will become even more of a kids show than before and viewing figures will plummet.

My mother got 70-odd quid lifted out of her account from them for that trial. She didn't even know she was on the trial. Got the money back but I'd be wary.

Yeo, they took money from me as well. Apparently there was a box which I needed to untick (rather than me choose to tick it).

Got my money back easily enough but it was only by chance I checked a statement and noticed it had gone.

They did this to a lot of people and got a lot of shit for it.

Apparently it was in their contracts that they can't work for another UK broadcaster for 2 years after their contract expired. So, if they went to ITV, say, the show couldn't start until 2017. But by going to an internet broadcaster they can get to work straight away, so the question was who offered the most cash - Netflix or Amazon.

Archived