Scottish FA Youth Cup 2015/16

Hughsie

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Revised Quarter Final Draw:

Little Big Shot Youth Cup Fifth Round draw

Heart of Midlothian v Queen of the South (Tynecastle, Sunday 31 January 2016)

Dundee United v Ayr United

St. Mirren v Ross County

St. Johnstone v Motherwell

Fifth Round ties due to be played on or before Sunday 24 January 2016 in theory

Don't know the standard of Hearts or that, but if they're anything like St Mirren or Queens, Ayr have a great chance. Beat St Mirren comfortably last year on the war to narrowly losing to Rangers in the semi and lost to Celtic the year before in extra time in the final.

Don't know the standard of Hearts or that, but if they're anything like St Mirren or Queens, Ayr have a great chance. Beat St Mirren comfortably last year on the war to narrowly losing to Rangers in the semi and lost to Celtic the year before in extra time in the final.

I'd say Hearts, St. Mirren and St. Johnstone are the best of the remaining teams, followed by Motherwell, Dundee Utd and Ross County. Queens and Ayr would be the outsiders but it really is wide open now. All the teams left have a good chance of reaching the final.

On a side note, I don't think that Ayr-Celtic final you mention was in the Youth Cup? Last three finals have been Celtic-Rangers, Rangers-Hearts and Celtic-Dunfermline.

I'd say Hearts, St. Mirren and St. Johnstone are the best of the remaining teams, followed by Motherwell, Dundee Utd and Ross County. Queens and Ayr would be the outsiders but it really is wide open now. All the teams left have a good chance of reaching the final.

On a side note, I don't think that Ayr-Celtic final you mention was in the Youth Cup? Last three finals have been Celtic-Rangers, Rangers-Hearts and Celtic-Dunfermline.

One before that was Celtic v Queen of the South.

We're obviously outsiders but stranger things have happened and we were in the final four years ago having beaten Dundee United along the way. Gavin Reilly was part of that squad along with present fringe players Scott Hooper & Jim Atkinson and Pat Slattery who now plays for East Fife.

A lot depends on whether we augment our team with eligible fringe first teamers or not. I don't think there is any chance that Jordan Marshall, who has started every first team league game this season, will play, and Shaun Rutherford his understudy has now gone out on loan to Arbroath, though remain eligible to play Youth Cup if we wish to recall him for it. But Aidan Smith, Jake Pickard, Owen Moxon, Dean Brotherston are all likely to feature I guess. Still, going to Tynecastle and winning is an enormous ask.

Dundee United v Ayr United (Tannadice, Sunday 31 January 2016)

St. Mirren v Ross County (Paisley 2021 Stadium, Sunday 24 January 2016)

St. Johnstone v Motherwell (To be confirmed)

Yeah in Sapporitos! Fuzzy times, but was a good night anyway.

Was a pleasure to meet you then, I knew your face but we don't have the biggest of supports! I was hanging for days :green .

Our young un's are on fire just now. Hopefully a big crowd shows up for the County game.

Really was an impressive result for Saints yesterday, who have now beaten Celtic twice in this competition in the past three seasons. Those are the only games they've lost in the Youth Cup dating back to 2009. They also have 13 wins and 1 draw from their 14 Development League games this season and had only conceded 6 goals.

Saints were able to field a team containing 8 players with senior experience because of the development loan system; Millar (East Fife/Montrose), Comrie (Montrose), Gordon (Hearts/Arbroath/Elgin), Kerr (East Fife), McLaren (Elgin), Hunter (Elgin/Airdrie), Lander (Livingston/Stirling) and Hurst (Saints).

My apologies, it was the u19s cup final, which is basically our under 20s team and most of the lads were 16/17 with the off 18 year old at the time.

Dundee United v Ayr United (Tannadice, Sunday 31 January 2016)

St. Mirren v Ross County (Paisley 2021 Stadium, Sunday 24 January 2016)

St. Johnstone v Motherwell (To be confirmed)

Got to ask the question! Why do you keep listing the draw and at the same time omitting one of the ties?

Got to ask the question! Why do you keep listing the draw and at the same time omitting one of the ties?

Aren't there normally only 4 ties in the quarter-finals? The clue is in the title :huh:

Just to check I'm not being incredibly dense, I popped over to the SFA website - so far they only have 3 ties listed...

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_cup_fixtures.cfm?page=3165

Aren't there normally only 4 ties in the quarter-finals? The clue is in the title :huh:

Just to check I'm not being incredibly dense, I popped over to the SFA website - so far they only have 3 ties listed...

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_cup_fixtures.cfm?page=3165

Yes there are. It's probably safer just to ignore Truth Hurts / scottishyeltz like everyone else.

The SFA are only listing 3 ties as there is no confirmed date for the St Johnstone v Motherwell game yet.

Update on Quarter Finals:

Heart of Midlothian v Queen of the South, Sunday 31st January, Riccarton, 3pm

Dundee United v Ayr United, Sunday 31st January, Tannadice, 2pm

St Mirren 0 - 1 Ross County (Moffat 84)

St Johnstone v Motherwell, Tuesday 9th February, Station Park, Forfar, 2pm

Archived