League Cup 2nd Round

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy with that, might sound defeatist but we'd probably have lost to all the seeded teams anyway so might as well get a tie that will draw a crowd and make some money. Could fund some extra players this season which might make all the difference.

The Scottish Cup provides an opportunity to get a flukey cup draw - Hibs style - so would like a diddy team in that, but the League Cup in it's current format is more of a money making exercise for clubs like us and Rangers is almost as good as you'll get from that point of view.

Scenes.

Dunfermline vs Dundee looks a good tie on paper, but if any game ends up being televised it'll unfortunately be Airdrie United vs Rangers.

No game will be televised as its on a UEFA date (I am not even sure how we get away with scheduling a round for this date on the calendar).

It is a top level competition so while you can show an English Championship game on a UEFA night (Expect Sky to be doing lots of this this year onward) you cannot show a live top level competition against UEFA games, even if all of our sides were out. if it was a challenge cup tie it could be shown.

The only way to get it on TV would be to play on the Monday or Friday of the week in question.

No game will be televised as its on a UEFA date (I am not even sure how we get away with scheduling a round for this date on the calendar).

It is a top level competition so while you can show an English Championship game on a UEFA night (Expect Sky to be doing lots of this this year onward) you cannot show a live top level competition against UEFA games, even if all of our sides were out. if it was a challenge cup tie it could be shown.

The only way to get it on TV would be to play on the Monday or Friday of the week in question.

Is that because all the top players want to watch Airdrie v Rangers?

I've wondered this myself but I suspect UEFA just turn a blindeye to ourselves and the English (and Northern Irish?) playing a single round of our secondary cups, before CL/EL qualifiers join, on a qualifying round night, without any TV, once-a-year.

I notice we've 2 games (including TV) on Supercup night, btw.

Another 'loophole' found - are rules CL/EL only?

Archived