Greenock Morton vs Falkirk

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair enough chaps. Each to their own and that.

Apart from Hamilton, and to a lesser extent, the Scottish leagues, not much other football interests me. Probably has a bearing on my thinking.

Well, I tend to like most football so long as it's on. Apart from friendlies. Never friendlies.

Anyone using the lack of leg room as an excuse not to go is at it imo. Folk didn't seem to have a problem turning up at Killie, easily the worst leg room of any away day in Scotland

4589433789_e565b9b493.jpg

My problem is with the resistance to opening a better area of the stadium, when it is readily available. It's the same shitey treatment you get at the likes of Celtic Park, getting put behind a huge pillar when there are 20000 empty seats.

Scottish football fans seem to use any excuse not to go to games these days, and unfortunately our clubs are making it easier and easier to justify.

Enlighten me about my deeply stupid post please.

Sure, happy to.

You were the first to mention pyrotechnics on this thread, and while you didn't overtly suggest or encourage their use on Saturday you seem very keen to see what the result of using them would be.

To be clear, then, you're interested in seeing the effects of the use of fireworks at the game on Saturday.

In a wooden stand.

With lots of people in very close proximity to them ( well, probably not LOTS of people, cos we're talking about the Falkirk end, but the point still stands).

I don't know or care what age you are, but if you can't remember the scenes at Bradford's Valley Parade ground thirty years ago you should google it or look it up on Wiki. That was caused by something as innocuous as a dropped cigarette end, not a firework.

And you are the one who raised the subject, with the result that at least one other poster commented favourably on the idea and, who knows, he or others might just be daft enough to bring some along to the game.

THAT'S why it was a deeply stupid post.

And while we're on the subject:

It's like Morton are almost encouraging football banning orders shoving us in the main stand.

Ahh, so any trouble caused by the away fans on Saturday wouldn't beTHEIR fault, it would be Morton's for not offering them the freedom of the stadium. I'd love to see you present that as your defence at Greenock Sheriff Court on Monday.

All in all this thread hasn't really been your finest hour, mate, has it?

Anyone using the lack of leg room as an excuse not to go is at it imo. Folk didn't seem to have a problem turning up at Killie, easily the worst leg room of any away day in Scotland

4589433789_e565b9b493.jpg

My problem is with the resistance to opening a better area of the stadium, when it is readily available. It's the same shitey treatment you get at the likes of Celtic Park, getting put behind a huge pillar when there are 20000 empty seats.

Scottish football fans seem to use any excuse not to go to games these days, and unfortunately our clubs are making it easier and easier to justify.

In my opinion people make too much of an issue about the legroom in the main stand at Cappielow.

Sure, another couple of inches of legroom would be welcomed, but I'm five feet eleven and have no problem sitting there for two 45 minute periods with a stretch of the legs in between.

To read some of the criticism on threads like this you'd think every Scottish fitba' fan was six foot four.

Man up, shuttit and watch the bloody game.

In my opinion people make too much of an issue about the legroom in the main stand at Cappielow.

Sure, another couple of inches of legroom would be welcomed, but I'm five feet eleven and have no problem sitting there for two 45 minute periods with a stretch of the legs in between.

To read some of the criticism on threads like this you'd think every Scottish fitba' fan was six foot four.

Man up, shuttit and watch the bloody game.

Well said. I think the facilities on offer at Cappielow are above most Sunday league teams of a similar size.

Sure, happy to.

You were the first to mention pyrotechnics on this thread, and while you didn't overtly suggest or encourage their use on Saturday you seem very keen to see what the result of using them would be.

To be clear, then, you're interested in seeing the effects of the use of fireworks at the game on Saturday.

In a wooden stand.

With lots of people in very close proximity to them ( well, probably not LOTS of people, cos we're talking about the Falkirk end, but the point still stands).

I don't know or care what age you are, but if you can't remember the scenes at Bradford's Valley Parade ground thirty years ago you should google it or look it up on Wiki. That was caused by something as innocuous as a dropped cigarette end, not a firework.

And you are the one who raised the subject, with the result that at least one other poster commented favourably on the idea and, who knows, he or others might just be daft enough to bring some along to the game.

THAT'S why it was a deeply stupid post.

And while we're on the subject:

Ahh, so any trouble caused by the away fans on Saturday wouldn't beTHEIR fault, it would be Morton's for not offering them the freedom of the stadium. I'd love to see you present that as your defence at Greenock Sheriff Court on Monday.

All in all this thread hasn't really been your finest hour, mate, has it?

Well I'm glad you spent a lot of your spare time replying to me. I'm glad I caught at least one fish.

At no point did I mention fireworks, by the way.

The Valley Parade story is tragic and something I'm well aware of. Yet if something similar could happen due to an 'innocuous' event, a mistake if you will, 30 years on, what does that say about the health and safety of the stand and what conditions to put away supporters in the 21st century?

Fortunately it appears Morton has reversed this inhuman decision and will open behind the goal for Falkirk fans, a win for football fan power.

Well I'm glad you spent a lot of your spare time replying to me. I'm glad I caught at least one fish.

At no point did I mention fireworks, by the way.

The Valley Parade story is tragic and something I'm well aware of. Yet if something similar could happen due to an 'innocuous' event, a mistake if you will, 30 years on, what does that say about the health and safety of the stand and what conditions to put away supporters in the 21st century?

Fortunately it appears Morton has reversed this inhuman decision and will open behind the goal for Falkirk fans, a win for football fan power.

A lot of my spare time? Nah, for those of us with a bit of intelligence a short post like that takes maybe 5 or 6 minutes. Simples.

pyrotechnics (noun) [plural] uk /ˌpaɪ.rəˈtek.nɪks/ us /-roʊ-/ a public show of fireworks

(Cambridge Dictionary Online)

The stand is perfectly safe and fit for purpose, meeting all the safety standards required of it. And, of course, smoking in it has been prohibited since very soon after the Valley Parade tragedy, so what point are you trying to make here?

Nice to see you've changed tack, though, and aren't trying to defend the indefensible.

Hoping to see Falkirk win the first fixture of a league campaign for years.

FAO Falkirk fans, when did Falkirk last play at home on the opening day? Was it against Dunfermline the first season we came down?

FAO Falkirk fans, when did Falkirk last play at home on the opening day? Was it against Dunfermline the first season we came down?

That game never happened.

Yep, 2010

Also played Rangers at home 2008 and Inverness 2005.

Other than these 3 we've been away 8 seasons since moving to Westfield.

Even then you can say we were only at home to Inverness because it was flag day.

Seems that fixtures computer doesn't like us

Yep, 2010

Even then you can say we were only at home to Inverness because it was flag day.

Not many people do.

Yep, 2010

The flip side being that it means you've been at home on the last day in all of those seasons. Why is this necessarily a bad thing?

Archived