Greenock Morton vs Falkirk

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The flip side being that it means you've been at home on the last day in all of those seasons. Why is this necessarily a bad thing?

Football wise it isn't a bad thing.

Crowd wise it is.

Every team wants the 1st game at home as like boxing day it's a guaranteed big crowd.

Sadly for us every last home game has been a non event because we are playing for nowt in a glorified friendly.

We have been lucky with Xmas fixtures over the years to be fair

Well, the nickname "Bairns" is well earned

Never seen so much greetin' and whining over a fucking seat.

Stay at home or turn up and support your team. Nobody gives a f**k.

Yep, Falkirk fans need to learn to get treated like shit and pay for the privilege more often.

Whilst we are on the topic maybe Morton fans can tell me why so little of you come through to Falkirk?

Absolutely no question that Morton have plenty fans yet a very small percentage travel.

Yep, Falkirk fans need to learn to get treated like shit and pay for the privilege more often.

Whilst we are on the topic maybe Morton fans can tell me why so little of you come through to Falkirk?

Absolutely no question that Morton have plenty fans yet a very small percentage travel.

Because there's a bout 20,000 bus shelters in Greenock, that we could easily frequent.

Tags

Morton had a great travelling support up until around the 2008/09 season, since then we've been murder to watch and most have dwindled off leaving only the weirdos and masochists and anoraks and vikingTONs.

If we put out a team that's fun to watch again the numbers would rise again but not to the same extent while disillusionment with the future of the club and owners remain.

This thread has just reminded what utter bellends Morton fans on here are.

Add to them their Renfrewshire neighbours .........................

Morton had a great travelling support up until around the 2008/09 season, since then we've been murder to watch and most have dwindled off leaving only the weirdos and masochists and anoraks and vikingTONs.

If we put out a team that's fun to watch again the numbers would rise again but not to the same extent while disillusionment with the future of the club and owners remain.

I tend to think that part of it was the rise of price when we moved from the Second up to First Division. Many of the games had a £5+ difference to the price ( away days in the second were often about £10 with places like St Johnstone being more like £17). Add that to a team with a dreadful away record and the fans (myself included) stopped travelling as much. I think those two things coinciding made it feel like a very sharp contrast in experience. Maybe I'm just speaking for myself. I assumed going up to the First I'd be going to more away games - I ended up going to far fewer.

It's probably mostly to do with the bubble bursting feeling of supporting Morton over the last 8 years or so. The home crowds have had a substantial dip as well. I think it hit the travelling support slightly earlier.

A lot of my spare time? Nah, for those of us with a bit of intelligence a short post like that takes maybe 5 or 6 minutes. Simples.

pyrotechnics (noun) [plural] uk /ˌpaɪ.rəˈtek.nɪks/ us /-roʊ-/› a public show of fireworks

(Cambridge Dictionary Online)

The stand is perfectly safe and fit for purpose, meeting all the safety standards required of it. And, of course, smoking in it has been prohibited since very soon after the Valley Parade tragedy, so what point are you trying to make here?

Nice to see you've changed tack, though, and aren't trying to defend the indefensible.

post-15328-14389553362265_thumb.jpg

It's a reasonable response, something which is usually lacking on P&B.

My only issue with it is Morton had a great season about 3 years ago.

Chased Partick all the way and even talk of upgrading the group to SPL criteria.

Can't remember Morton having bigger crowds through at Falkirk.

It's been a few years and I've maybe forgot to be fair.

Archived