Greenock Morton vs Falkirk

That's the reasoning, but not really a proper justification. What I'm trying to say is that they never allowed the decision to really come under real scrutiny. They should give a proper account of how much it actually costs in relation to the idea that it discourages away fans from travelling.

If Falkirk really do bring a decent crowd, the message to them will be: show up a little bit late and you won't get stuck in the main stand.

Can't say i disagree, but i have my stance based on the fact that we all know how stubborn Morton can be. No way in hell they'll provide anyone with a proper justification.

The message that's always been put across is very much like i said; bring enough fans. Rightly, or wrongly.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't expect any less from the biggest diddies in the league. Be interested to see the wooden stand when all the pyrotechnics kick off.

Just do an Ayr Utd (I know, you'll never say that again) and light them off, almost guaranteeing you'll not be in the main stand on your next visit.

Seems crazy that you're definitely gonna need to split the away fans into 2 sections needlessly.

No way we will have under 650 fans

If your club had said this to Morton I'm quite sure this wouldn't be the case though.

Yeah, as incompetent as Morton are there's no way they'd have taken this decision if they were told to expect more than 600 fans. Even if the WDE isn't ready, they'd give you a section of the Cowshed if that was the case.

Splitting up less than 1000 fans into opposite sections of the ground seems a fairly pointless notion. Be easier and cheaper to just lump them all into the WDE.

We haven't took less than 650 to an opening away game on my living memory so I doubt FFC would have suggested that.

There wasn't a lot at Cowden last season,I normally avoid cowdenbeath and I'm not alone but being first game, I went. The attendance was 1074, still would imagine more on Saturday than last season at Cowden

Non story really as there will most likely be circa 1000 Falkirk fans their on Saturday and the WDE will be open.

As per the last visit in May 2014, when we had around 1200 at the game, it will again be a reminder that Greenock Morton should open that end to encourage fans instead of making folks minds up for them and punting them in the midget section.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

There wasn't a lot at Cowden last season,I normally avoid cowdenbeath and I'm not alone but being first game, I went. The attendance was 1074, still would imagine more on Saturday than last season at Cowden

I remember the figure at the time was around 750 Bairns fans at that game. I also remember some buses didn't travel as a lot can't stand Central Park. It's a hole.

Whereas this weekend, the buses travelling are reportedly full and in 2 instances booking additional buses.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Archived